• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those of us who like to pad our resumes with random things, and those who like to be certified beer snobs, the Cicerone program is offering their Certified Beer Server online exam for $10 today instead of the regular price of $69. 60 multiple choice questions, 30 minutes, get a online certificate and lapel pin if passed (75% required). Exam needs to be taken today for the discount. If you are a bartender or homebrewer, you'll be able to pass this without studying.

http://www.cicerone.org/

Member Summary

beer
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Interesting, if there was a beer drinking cert I would probably be more qualified!

bet these snobs have no experience with playing quarters or using a beer bong

Do they have a Certified Beer Drinker Exam? I could pass that without even cracking a book!

germanpope said:   bet these snobs have no experience with playing quarters or using a beer bong

Craft beer isn't for everyone. Some people are content with drinking Light lagers for the rest of their lives (I've been a homebrewer for 6 years now and do quite a bit). Others want to step outside that normal Classic American Pilsner and try something new. That said this exam is (IMHO) directed towards servers in these craft beer bars/brewery sampling rooms/etc.

Thanks OP!

Pour it, drink it.

I pass!

Doh! Missed it.

Duh missed it. I did okay on the sample exam. I would've paid the $10.

Here are my answers (missed the last 2):

How much beer is contained in a standard ˝ barrel US keg?
»you answered 15.5 gallons, which is correct

Which if the following is most likely to help preserve the freshness and flavor of bottled beer?
»you answered Refrigerated storage, which is correct

In the beer world, “SRM” is a measure of what beer characteristic?
»you answered Color, which is correct

A properly operating draft system delivers cold, carbonated beer with an attractive foam head at a rate of about 1 gallon per minute. What three elements of the draft system must be in balance to achieve this?
»you answered Temperature, applied pressure and resistance, which is correct

The clove or nutmeg flavors associated with 4-vinyl guiacol (a phenol) are typically found in what style of beer?
»you answered Weizen, which is correct

What role does “choker line” play in a draft system?
»you answered Provides resistance to bring the system into balance, which is correct

Compared to a Bohemian (Czech) Pilsner, a German Pilsner will usually be:
»you answered Lighter bodied, which is correct

Hops contribute to what aspects of beer taste?
»you answered Aroma, flavor and bitterness, which is correct

Which beer style is likely to have the highest alcohol content?
»you answered Brown Ale.

A normal-strength beer that has been stored at room temperature for nine months would most likely exhibit what off-flavor:
»you answered Astringency.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014