• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's back...

link

Product Info

This router will significantly boost the speed and performance of your wireless network. Featuring the new 802.11n, or Wireless-N, standard, it offers range and performance that is superior to previous generation 802.11g routers. And because it's backwards compatible with Wireless-G standards, you can continue using your existing Wireless-G devices.

Setting up and connecting couldn't be easier. The Smart Wizard installation CD vastly simplifies the initial set-up process by automatically detecting and configuring your router for virtually all ISP connections. To add a new computer to your network, simply push a button on the router, and the router connects securely and automatically (requires the use of compatible Netgear wireless adapters). The days of having to remember complicated security keys and passwords are over.

Specs

Condition: Factory Refurbished
Packaging: Brown Box
Warranty: 90 Day
Manufacturer: Netgear
Model: WNR2000

Features Include:

Up to 300Mbps wireless data speed
Up to 300 foot radius wireless range
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Status lights on front
Push 'N' Connect pushbutton feature for easy addition of new wireless devices
Guest network access with separate security and access restrictions
(4) 10/100 LAN Ethernet ports, (1) 10/100M LAN
Easy setup with Netgear Genie CD
64/128-bit WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES) data encryption options
Double firewall protection with SPI and NAT technology
DoS attack prevention
Quality of Service (QoS) prioritization
Free parental controls with web content filtering, browser activity reports and instant e-mail alerts
Restricted access for time-of-day, web address, keywords and more
Exposed host DMZ for secure gaming
Automatically downloads updates
Internal Antenna, Power and WiFi on/off buttons
Package Includes:
WNR2000 Wireless Router, Stand, Ethernet Cable, Manual & Power Adapter

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

WNR2000
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Anyone have any experience with returning a product back to 1SaleADay.com? Mine won't log in from 192.168.1.1.
Am I going... (more)

Billygoats (Mar. 22, 2012 @ 12:01a) |

What troubleshooting have you done? What happens when you try to log in? Have you done a hard reset on the router (hold ... (more)

yoregano (Mar. 22, 2012 @ 11:35a) |

Yes, already tried that. Customer service took care of me yesterday by processing a refund.

Billygoats (Mar. 26, 2012 @ 9:13p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This price pops up quite regularly. Got it last time. No complaints. Good router, even better if you flash it with DD-WRT. That allows to run it also in Repeater Bridge mode, bridging (for wired machines) AND rebroadcasting (for wireless machines) your network signal.

I think only the Netgear WNR2000 v2 can be flashed to dd-wrt or tomato. Does anyone know if this is v2 or v1?

Last time around some buyers got the v2, others didn't. So it's a crapshoot...

manthissucks said:   I think only the Netgear WNR2000 v2 can be flashed to dd-wrt or tomato. Does anyone know if this is v2 or v1?

It's V2 because of
"Guest network access with separate security and access restrictions" (which is not available in V1)

reviews are all over the place at Newegg... That said - its only $15!

This any better for an extra $5?

http://1saleaday.com/flash/wpn824n/

no. 150 vs 300

Been looking for a new router. Thanks!

Description actually says these are v3's, which have a test version of dd-wrt available here. I should be getting one of these today (ordered last week) and plan to flash it with dd-wrt. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Mektarus said:   Description actually says these are v3's, which have a test version of dd-wrt available here. I should be getting one of these today (ordered last week) and plan to flash it with dd-wrt. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I don't see a reference to version 3 in the description.

namlook said:   Mektarus said:   Description actually says these are v3's, which have a test version of dd-wrt available here. I should be getting one of these today (ordered last week) and plan to flash it with dd-wrt. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I don't see a reference to version 3 in the description.

Ah, you're right, I should have checked my facts. I ordered mine off their eBay sight and it states v3. Don't know if these will be the same or not.

I don't need another router at the moment, but ordered one anyways just to learn more about flashing with DD-WRT. I hope this gamble pays off and they ship me V2. Anyone come across a link on how to attach an external antenna (like a yagi) to this router? Thanks OP.

What's the realistic expected MB/s throughput with these - with N connection? I got a V2 last time this offer came up and just got it working over the weekend. I left the original firmware on but am considering DD-WRT.

Will this run wireless-N adapters at the full speed if you also have wireless-G adapters in use? Apparently some routers step everything down if you use any G devices.

Well, I just got mine but I can't figure out what version it is. Anyone know how to tell?

Mektarus said:   Well, I just got mine but I can't figure out what version it is. Anyone know how to tell?
On the back at the bottom where the brand and model are listed, the very last description is "v2" (in my case) and presumably whatever version yours is will show there.

Could someone explain what this DD-WRT is?
What's involved in getting upgrading it?

THanks.

I was so close to buying one for my mother until I read this page:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/1saleaday.html

Has anyone dealt with them before?

1SaleADay is just fine, if you are in business on the internet, you will accumulate all kinds of feedback, think about it , when everything is fine, will you waste your time leaving positive feedback?

DD-WRT is an open source rpoject for router firmware, another one is tomato:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index
http://lifehacker.com/178132/hack-attack-turn-your-60-router-int...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_%28firmware%29
http://lifehacker.com/344765/turn-your-60-router-into-a-user+fri...
However it does not support all the chips, it depends on the chip how easy it is to flash new firmware on the router. But on the bright side, the number of chips out there available for new routers is limited, so chances are pretty good. They are even better, when someone already checked if the router supports dd-wrt, and you just need to gooogle yoru specific router, and installation instructions. Once i get mine, and start tinkering, i will post detailed info for our router.

alyosha said:   1SaleADay is just fine, if you are in business on the internet, you will accumulate all kinds of feedback, think about it , when everything is fine, will you waste your time leaving positive feedback?

Thank you for your feedback. However, yes, I'm one of those people that do offer positive reviews - it's the nice thing to do.

Well, Mama is going to get her router! Thanks, OP!

I've had v2 of this router since December 2010. I bought it as a refurbished model on Newegg and it has been rock solid. The last time this router showed up at 1SaleADay I bought a back up for myself and one for a relative.

Make sure to disable uPnP if you don't need it, as it will fill the logs up fairly quickly requiring a reboot of the router. Also, unless a firmware upgrade has been issued be sure to disable WPS too.

How do you disable WPS? Does WPS work, unless you manually press the button?

I got one from the previous eBay sale for the same price. It arrived today. It is V1. It functions OK though. I am happy.

BTW: Inside the box, it says 30day warranty for refurbish.

alyosha said:   How do you disable WPS? Does WPS work, unless you manually press the button?

I copied and pasted this from the Netgear forum.

Netgear released this statement/fix back in early January about the WPS security issue:

"Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a method developed by the WiFi Alliance for setting up a new wireless router for a home network which includes a way for users to easily connect to a secure network by pushing a button or entering a PIN code. Recently a security researcher posted an article highlighting security vulnerabilities with the WiFi Alliances WPS-PIN (WiFi Protected Setup-PIN) security protocol. Wireless routers that support WiFi Alliance WPS are vulnerable to a brute force attack. This vulnerability is likely to be addressed in the upcoming WPS 2.0 standard.

Today, NETGEAR routers go beyond the requirements of the WiFi Alliance WPS standard to deter such attacks. NETGEAR routers are the only ones mentioned in this article to have implemented a 'lock-down' feature, which locks down WPS PIN on the router after a number of failed attempts to connect using the PIN method. This hampers the brute force attack, but it doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of a brute force attack. Therefore NETGEAR recommends that customers manually turn off the WPS-PIN feature on their routers by following the simple steps posted below and on NETGEAR's support site. NETGEAR is one of the few networking vendors to have the capability to manually turn off WPS-PIN (WPS Push Button will still work), thus eliminating the possibility of the brute force attack mentioned in the article.

http://support.netgear.com/app/answe...ail/a_id/19824
To disable the Router PIN method:
1. Login to the router GUI by typing www.routerlogin.net on an Internet browser's address bar. Note: Default logins are: Username = admin, Password = password.
2. Go to Advanced Setup menu and select Wireless Settings.
3. Under WPS settings, put a check mark on Disable Router's PIN box.
4. Hit Apply button to save settings.

NETGEAR is working diligently to develop easier and more stringent methods of preventing such attacks, and partnering with the WiFi alliance and networking technology community to drive such methods into universal standards. Short term we are looking at several options and even disabling the WPS Pin by default."

Source: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...or-the-wps-fix

nice router I got it last time it was 9.99 it had v2 on it and loaded ddwrt on it, Now its a super router!

SteveAustin said:   I copied and pasted this from the Netgear forum.

Thanks, that worked, i checked all the settings, didnt even know there was wireless under basic and advanced. Didnt even think about googling it .

i just ordered this, and i got a version 2 , THANKS OP!!..... this will be my 1st ddwrt router

z00medu said:   i just ordered this, and i got a version 2 , THANKS OP!!..... this will be my 1st ddwrt router
Same here. I loaded ddwrt on my v2 over the weekend and it is up and running fine so far. I don't have much use of "N" speed right now, but I do notice a stronger signal using wireless on my laptop than with my venerable Linksys G router.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I plan to connect the WNR2000 wirelessly as a repeater to a main router that is not an "N" router. Does that mean I will never get "N" speeds when I am using my devices to access the internet thru the WNR2000? Thanks in advance to any answers from you experts out there.

That sounds logical to me. If you were to tow a Ferrari with Yugo you would only be able to go as fast as the Yugo could go, right?

Billygoats said:   I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I plan to connect the WNR2000 wirelessly as a repeater to a main router that is not an "N" router. Does that mean I will never get "N" speeds when I am using my devices to access the internet thru the WNR2000? Thanks in advance to any answers from you experts out there.

yoregano said:   Mektarus said:   Well, I just got mine but I can't figure out what version it is. Anyone know how to tell?
On the back at the bottom where the brand and model are listed, the very last description is "v2" (in my case) and presumably whatever version yours is will show there.

Just got mine today and no notation of V1 or V2 on the back so I guess I got V1. $15 down the drain since my primary goal was to use this as a repeater.

How long after you guys got your tracking number did it actually ship? I ordered mine on the March 1st and have no clue where it is

I got mine today and it is v2. Now I need help and probably am asking the wrong place. I do not understand all the DD-WRT and everything. What I need help with first is how do I set this up so my daughter and wife can connect with their laptops and iphone without many problems? Also have a wireless printer..is there an easy way to get this to work? Thanks

fidget13a said:   I got mine today and it is v2. Now I need help and probably am asking the wrong place. I do not understand all the DD-WRT and everything. What I need help with first is how do I set this up so my daughter and wife can connect with their laptops and iphone without many problems? Also have a wireless printer..is there an easy way to get this to work? Thanks

Go to the dd-wrt website and download the appropriate firmware for your router.

http://192.168.1.1
login: admin
password: password

Then go to firmware upgrade, then click Browse and choose the file you had downloaded off of the dd-wrt site.

It will take approx 3 - 5 min to install the firmware, no matter what you do don't unplug it.. Just wait, the wifi blue light will come back.

Once it comes back, you will see a new wifi connection called "dd-wrt".

Connect to it, then go back to 192.168.1.1 and set up a login/password. Then start configuring your router.

If you still need help configuring, shoot me a PM and I can Skype you through it while in my boxers.

djklmnop said:   fidget13a said:   I can Skype you through it while in my boxers.

Ewwww

sunninho said:   djklmnop said:   fidget13a said:   I can Skype you through it while in my boxers.

Ewwww

LOL.

djklmnop said:   sunninho said:   djklmnop said:   fidget13a said:   I can Skype you through it while in my boxers.

Ewwww

LOL.

No boxers.........tighty whities

Skipping 10 Messages...
yoregano said:   Billygoats said:   Anyone have any experience with returning a product back to 1SaleADay.com? Mine won't log in from 192.168.1.1.
Am I going to loose out on shipping?

What troubleshooting have you done? What happens when you try to log in? Have you done a hard reset on the router (hold the reset button for at least a 30 seconds, keep holding it while pulling the power plug, re-plug still holding the reset)?

Yes, already tried that. Customer service took care of me yesterday by processing a refund.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014