• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.aarpmembership.org/o/?o=magellan&subsid_id=4197

Pass along to anyone who is eligible for AARP, if you already have a membership, then it will give you a 1 year extension free!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for following up on this. Any further updates to report?

Bruzer (Jun. 15, 2012 @ 12:10a) |

I signed up for this offer when it first hit FW. Waited those 8 weeks, then some more followed by a few additional.

Nothi... (more)

dwaino (Jul. 13, 2012 @ 6:54p) |

Same here. Nothing yet.

Signed up for the free membership. Emailed them a few weeks ago. No response.

Should not be tied... (more)

blazer09 (Jul. 14, 2012 @ 11:40p) |

• Also categorized in:

Good post, thanks OP.

Thanks OP

AARP is a corrupt organization. Luckily, people are starting to learn this fact, and are dumping their memberships.

Bizatch said:   AARP is a corrupt organization. Luckily, people are starting to learn this fact, and are dumping their memberships.
Good for discounts though & aarp doesn't get a dime from me.

Don't care for them myself and will never be a member -- BUT my parents are, so passed along to them.

Thanks, OP.

Thanks,OP.

How old does one have to be to be a member? I certainly don't qualify, but want to know who to pass this on to. Thanks OP.

E

Thanks OP. Will give it a shot since it is a freebie......

DeltaSigChi4 said:   How old does one have to be to be a member? I certainly don't qualify, but want to know who to pass this on to. Thanks OP.

E

50 to be a member & the spouse can become a member too, regardless of age.

Bizatch said:
AARP is a corrupt organization. Luckily, people are starting to learn this fact, and are dumping their memberships.

I'm niether for or against AARP but dislike when people crap in a thread with out backing up there crap!

NM, Turtlebug beat me to it.

Isn't there another old people's organization similar to AARP but competing with them?

Bizatch said:   AARP is a corrupt organization. Luckily, people are starting to learn this fact, and are dumping their memberships.

I cancelled my renewal when my time was up because I didn't like spending my hard-earned to receive all the insurance mail spam I got that was allegedly 'sponsored' by AARP. That said, I think the discounts might be enough to sway me back for one free year. Thanks OP for posting.

Electronifan said:   Isn't there another old people's organization similar to AARP but competing with them?

http://www.amac.us/

Electronifan said:   Isn't there another old people's organization similar to AARP but competing with them?

yes there is another organization competing with them - http://americanseniors.org/

In prior years folks were mainly happy with AARP. Things changed when AARP jumped in on the healthcare bill that became law. It was finally discovered how much AARP would benefit from the new heathcare law. I'm not sure of the details but that is what got folks stirred up. They began thinking that AARP doesn't always have their best interest in mind.

American Seniors organization is similar to AARP and they are less well known. They even had a compaign in prior years to discount membership if you sent in your AARP card. American Seniors appears to align more with conservative values if that makes a difference to you.

Corrupt

Dictionary:
guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked

Using the word corrupt is a serious matter not to be taken lightly. You would do well to support your statement, or in the lack of documentation refrain.

thanks OP
bizatch do you mean actually corrupt ie leaders and staff stealing from members or do you mean supporting political positions you don't like which pretty much makes every organization corrupt to somebody

Not sure what good it does to get an extension. I have never cancelled or renewed my AARP membership in almost 10 years but they still keep sending me their magazine and other stuff. Seems like once you join it's permanent.

You asked for it..

So here it is

americanfreedom said:   Electronifan said:   Isn't there another old people's organization similar to AARP but competing with them?

http://www.amac.us/

Looked at their website. It would seem that they have a political agenda.

I was send junk mail upon junk mail from them just before I turned 50, I wrote several letters to them asking this be stoped. Finally it did, I told them I would contact them if I wanted to join and they needed to stop flooding by mail box with their offers. I still mad about this 6 years later and will not join their organization. They must have a list of everyone about ready to turn 50.

xit said:   Electronifan said:   Isn't there another old people's organization similar to AARP but competing with them?

yes there is another organization competing with them - http://americanseniors.org/

In prior years folks were mainly happy with AARP. Things changed when AARP jumped in on the healthcare bill that became law. It was finally discovered how much AARP would benefit from the new heathcare law. I'm not sure of the details but that is what got folks stirred up. They began thinking that AARP doesn't always have their best interest in mind.

American Seniors organization is similar to AARP and they are less well known. They even had a compaign in prior years to discount membership if you sent in your AARP card. American Seniors appears to align more with conservative values if that makes a difference to you.

Another political site. Please no politics!

Thanks OP. I'm in for a free year. Can't beat free....

I feel 50ish ... in 4 1

Bizatch said:   You asked for it..

So here it is

Thank you for your post. They are corrupt and the free membership is a result of so many people canceling for AARP selling out to the unconstitutional Health Care Bill so AARP could profit from insurance sales.

Thanks, I take the online driver course for the insurance discount.

Wife just turned 50 and got an app in the mail. I teased her about it, saying that I was going to enroll her. Wasn't really going to spend the money, but for free I just enrolled us. Thanks OP.

In for three!

THANKS

A few years ago I received a membership package in the mail thanks to a "friend" who thought it was pretty funny I cancelled my membership a few years later, as most of my friends did, when the Obamacare fiasco happened. But for those that use it - this is a super find!

Thanks OP

Thanks OP. I took advantage of this last time it was offered. Again thanks to a FW posting

So here it is

Nice job on the presentation.

In for 20...

chiefy3 said:   Bizatch said:   You asked for it..

So here it is

Thank you for your post. They are corrupt and the free membership is a result of so many people canceling for AARP selling out to the unconstitutional Health Care Bill so AARP could profit from insurance sales.

You have declared the Affordable Health Care Act "unconstitutional." You'll have the Supreme Court's decision in the next few months. Until we hear otherwise it's the law of the land.

One advantage is to have the AARP discounts in hotels. I used the membership quite a bit when I am traveling.

thanks OP, I signed up my mother for the heck of it

So here it is

I must politely demur. You cite an internet search as your proof. You might try a Google search: favorite candidate + corrupt, favorite newspaper + corrupt. You'll no doubt get many hits. Search hits do not constitute validity. Proof of corruption is generally indictment followed by conviction. Do you have any proof of "corruption" on the part of AARP other than your assertion?

Skipping 72 Messages...
Same here. Nothing yet.

Signed up for the free membership. Emailed them a few weeks ago. No response.

Should not be tied to membership in Magellan at all.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014