rated:
Offer good on 3/21 only:

http://www.popeyes.com/

Member Summary

Popeyes 40th anniversary 1 day special 3/21--Get 8 pieces mixed for $5.99
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, it was an "Aren't I a cute racist?" red.

fatchick (Mar. 22, 2012 @ 12:45p) |

Anyone else got charged a $0.57 service fee for their order or was it my location doing that ripoff?

PsychoFan (Mar. 22, 2012 @ 8:21p) |

You got ripped.

skchin (Mar. 27, 2012 @ 11:16a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It took 40 years to get this deal? At my local Popeyes, they do 8pc. mixed every Monday for $5.99.

Thanks OP. I only eat fried chicken every couple of months. My last was 4 days ago and I paid $25 for 16 pieces of mixed. I might have to get my fix early. They also have the shrimp box for $5 (8 shrimp, fries, & biscuit).

labboypro said:   It took 40 years to get this deal? At my local Popeyes, they do 8pc. mixed every Monday for $5.99.

I'd be there in an instant if I could buy chicken at 1972 prices.

scottxmso said:   labboypro said:   It took 40 years to get this deal? At my local Popeyes, they do 8pc. mixed every Monday for $5.99.

I'd be there in an instant if I could buy chicken at 1972 prices.

In 1972, you could have fed your entire neighborhood for $5.99. If you want to spend $5.99 these days, wait until tomorrow and visit the Popeyes in the gas station on Hwy 1 in Half Moon Bay. It was a weekly stop for me until last year, when I had gastric bypass surgery (because I ate too many 8 piece mixed at Popeyes). Now I just reminisce when I get a whiff of it.

So bad for you.....yet soooo darn good!

Here in AZ (Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix area), they have a Tuesday special - 2pcs for $0.99 (and you can get multiple deals). Now we make it a point to only eat fried chicken on Tuesdays!

Same here - 2 PC for 0.99 every Tuesday. Thats 8 pieces for $3.96. Not a deal for me but thanks anyway.

xfree said:   Here in AZ (Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix area), they have a Tuesday special - 2pcs for $0.99 (and you can get multiple deals). Now we make it a point to only eat fried chicken on Tuesdays!

saferisk said:   Same here - 2 PC for 0.99 every Tuesday. Thats 8 pieces for $3.96. Not a deal for me but thanks anyway.

But that isn't mixed. Most likely its dark only. And some actually prefer white meat over dark meat.

You're not the only one. I make it a point not to go to Popeye at 7pm Tuesday. The fastest South Houston store servers would take 15minutes compare to a few minutes. Drive thru would have 10+ cars line up. Parking is full ect.... you get the picture.

xfree said:   Here in AZ (Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix area), they have a Tuesday special - 2pcs for $0.99 (and you can get multiple deals). Now we make it a point to only eat fried chicken on Tuesdays!

Thanks for posting OP, but really sad that this is the best they can do for a 40th anniversary celebration.....

Last time I went to Popeyes, they put bones in my chicken

brada2011 said:   Last time I went to Popeyes, they put bones in my chicken

You say that as if it comes some other way?

labboypro said:   It took 40 years to get this deal? At my local Popeyes, they do 8pc. mixed every Monday for $5.99.
Albertsons' deli has the same price every Monday as well and sometimes all through the week as well. I think their fried chicken tastes better than the others I have tried.

Is it me or are chicken pieces getting smaller? I eat less than I did 20 years ago and these chicken pieces are looking pretty scrawny.

Did you instead want Popeyes to put a bone into you? Or maybe the chickens to put bones into you? BGOCK!!!

Im gonna have to call local... they used to have deals and then they remodeled and became more corporate looking and not much competition in area.

jaymez619 said:   Is it me or are chicken pieces getting smaller? I eat less than I did 20 years ago and these chicken pieces are looking pretty scrawny.

They are getting smaller. Same trend at KFC. Church's is still big!

that doesn't make sense. if anything the chicken grown today grows faster and much larger and yet cheaper than they did 20 years ago. chicken size would not have any impact to their cost at all, but they might do better with smaller and uniform size to reduce cooking time and reduce the chance of undercooked chicken so you don't see blood on the thigh bone.

Hummm..Some pieces Iíve gotten lately look like the chicken died of starvation.

SteelRing said:   that doesn't make sense. if anything the chicken grown today grows faster and much larger and yet cheaper than they did 20 years ago. chicken size would not have any impact to their cost at all, but they might do better with smaller and uniform size to reduce cooking time and reduce the chance of undercooked chicken so you don't see blood on the thigh bone.

What? Of course chicken size has an impact to the cost. You kill the bird earlier and smaller, and you save on that many days/weeks of feeding and space, plus you get more pieces per pound when figuring transport cost. I have no doubt that this is exactly what's happening, seeing as how companies are sneakily reducing sizes of practically every consumable you can think of (remember when a carton of ice cream was a half-gallon?)

Anyone knows if the deal includes any sides/biscuits or just 8 pieces of chicken? Website just says 8 pcs mixed. I'm guessing no?

Not true, fat and bigger chicken do not equate to cheaper prices. There are many instances where leaner chicken and smaller is more costly as its often preferred. Chickem wings is a good example.

Is this really a deal?

SteelRing said:   that doesn't make sense. if anything the chicken grown today grows faster and much larger and yet cheaper than they did 20 years ago. chicken size would not have any impact to their cost at all, but they might do better with smaller and uniform size to reduce cooking time and reduce the chance of undercooked chicken so you don't see blood on the thigh bone.

Maybe these are special grown in China chickens - Local food is bigger & better & safer

FutureDilemma said:   labboypro said:   It took 40 years to get this deal? At my local Popeyes, they do 8pc. mixed every Monday for $5.99.
Albertsons' deli has the same price every Monday as well and sometimes all through the week as well. I think their fried chicken tastes better than the others I have tried.

Albertsons chicken is ok, for GROCERY STORE chicken. No comparison to Popeyes....smh

Mmmmm, blood on thighs. That's doing chicken right!

last time they pulled something like this didnt it backfire with them supposidly running out of chicken?

Just reminds me of how badly I lament the loss of Church's. When I lived within walking distance to one we'd probably go one day a week, when they had two pieces of dark for .99. Fatter chix than Popeyes too.

oxygenmm said:   SteelRing said:   that doesn't make sense. if anything the chicken grown today grows faster and much larger and yet cheaper than they did 20 years ago. chicken size would not have any impact to their cost at all, but they might do better with smaller and uniform size to reduce cooking time and reduce the chance of undercooked chicken so you don't see blood on the thigh bone.

Maybe these are special grown in China chickens - Local food is bigger & better & safer

We grow plenty of chickens here. Using Mexican immigrant (ahem! Tyson) labor.

In fact, far more dark meat is grown here than U. S. residents will eat, so it is a massive export to other countries. We eat all the white meat produced, & that's why it costs more here than dark.

FYI. This is NOT compatible with p90x... if you were wondering..

hakujin said:   Just reminds me of how badly I lament the loss of Church's. When I lived within walking distance to one we'd probably go one day a week, when they had two pieces of dark for .99. Fatter chix than Popeyes too. I wish there was one close as well... 20 miles. They do have good chicken and like you said specials.

deal dead?

SteelRing said:   deal dead? Yes of of now, its dead.

tuan2 said:   You're not the only one. I make it a point not to go to Popeye at 7pm Tuesday. The fastest South Houston store servers would take 15minutes compare to a few minutes. Drive thru would have 10+ cars line up. Parking is full ect.... you get the picture.

Tuesdays is pretty fail. The closest one to me is on MLK Blvd and I went once...took 45 minutes.

The last time I went to Popeyes, Olive Oil gave me a hard time and some fat wimpy guy tried to beg food off of me.

JaxFL said:   SteelRing said:   deal dead? Yes of of now, its dead.

Today is only the 20th...

NightSpirit said:   JaxFL said:   SteelRing said:   deal dead? Yes of of now, its dead.

Today is only the 20th...
Right its not live now, so its dead.

JaxFL said:   SteelRing said:   deal dead? Yes of of now, its dead.
When I stop by on the 21st to pick up some chicken, I hope it's dead.

Skipping 25 Messages...
You got ripped.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014