• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free shipping and no tax for most. After rebate it is $69.99

LINK

At the GTX550 level on Tom's Hardware Hierarchy:
Tom's Hardware

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

GIGABYTE GV-R677D5-1GD Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Thanks duewrite
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how does running 2 of these do? i already have one and i am building a new system and this price i was wondering if i get more bang for my buck with 2. TIA

skappy said:   how does running 2 of these do? i already have one and i am building a new system and this price i was wondering if i get more bang for my buck with 2. TIA

Review on Newegg states that it is not crossfire compatible as there is no ribbon connector and is a misprint on Gigabyte's part so beware.

There are actually two versions (revisions) of this card. It this price I would guess it is the one without crossfire connectors. It will do software crossfire but you will lose about 50% of the added performance depending on the generation of the ATI/AMD northbridge. It is a match for the old 4870 at about half the power usage.

Looking at the clock speed 775mhz this one does not have the crossfire connectors. It is also slightly underclocked. It appears to ge the same card as the FirePro 4800 CAD card. If the advanced Open GL traces are not cut then this is a very interesting CAD card for 1/2 to 1/3 regular price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014