• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got the Menards Crazy Days ad tonight and they have kayaks back again. They sold them twice last year on two Crazy Days Sales for $189 if I remember right. WalMart has the same model for $249 and they're over $300 on Amazon. Reviews on Amazon say they're pretty good for beginners and recreational use. FYI for comparison - the Amazon item description is "KL Industries 10-Feet Water Quest Deluxe Kayak With Adjustable Seat".

Member Summary

WaterQuest Aruba
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is tempting. Thanks OP!

I have a few inexpensive kayaks like this bought at Dicks a few years ago. They're great to just paddle down a river or lake. Most people don't need a skirt and won't be in rapids...so this is perfect. My daughter has been able to kayak down a river since she was 10.

This Model the Aruba is slightly different from ones sold at Dicks and Dunhams Sporting goods or I should say was, it may be the new replacement series for them old ones. Major changes is the Hinge on seat is incorporated into seat as all one piece plastic(I could see this breaking with a lot of use or over time) on the Aruba, on the Regular Waterquest it has a Stainless Steel Hinge. I have also seen cheep rubber moldings on Aruba and found none on Regular Waterquest. Most Arubas are sold with paddle. Dunhams usually has their on sale for 199. Is the hinge on the seat worth $30 bucks and you don't get a cheap paddle with it. Oh yes the Dunhams model has foam floatation device in bow and I do not know if Aruba has this or not. WalMart now carries them too if Menards runs out WalMart should honor the sales add price.

This is a fine Kayak for leasure and is a little wider then most. Great for beginners but plastic is thin and in hot weather laying on a rock, log or dock can bend or indent the kayak. I also had some that track to left or right and not straight when coasting in water. But for most part a great affordable way to own a kayak. Not for rough water or strong current/rapids, plastic is to thin to take a beating. Happy Shopping!

Its $169 at Menards by me...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014