• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Tanga (of all places) has the Belkin Share Max N300 300Mbps Wireless-N 802.11n 4-Port Gigabit Router for just $25 shipped. This is model F7D7301 but is actually a rebadged F7D3301. On it's own it seems to be a POS but it supports both DD-WRT and Tomato firmwares and running either makes it a whole new beast. For the price I figured it was worth a shot.

Belkin Share Max N300 300Mbps Wireless-N 802.11n 4-Port Gigabit Router

Member Summary

Belkin Share Max N300
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
read this post carefully and you should be able to save your router.

ooev (Apr. 20, 2012 @ 6:58p) |

yes. dhcp is disabled by default on later tomoto builds.

morchus (Apr. 21, 2012 @ 7:19a) |

Have tried this an other options suggested still can't get router back to life? Any other ideas to un brick? here is ... (more)

txtag (Apr. 22, 2012 @ 11:39a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A Wholesale liquidator has large quantity of this model in stock. They are running promo at $15 each. There should be a good reason why Belkin wants to get rid of this product at below cost. My recommendation is stay away from this model if you are not tech savy.

NkPro said:   A Wholesale liquidator has large quantity of this model in stock. They are running promo at $15 each. There should be a good reason why Belkin wants to get rid of this product at below cost. My recommendation is stay away from this model if you are not tech savy.

Totally agree...if you're not comfortable flashing the firmware this is not for you because by all accounts the stock firmware is garbage.

Mektarus said:   NkPro said:   A Wholesale liquidator has large quantity of this model in stock. They are running promo at $15 each. There should be a good reason why Belkin wants to get rid of this product at below cost. My recommendation is stay away from this model if you are not tech savy.

Totally agree...if you're not comfortable flashing the firmware this is not for you because by all accounts the stock firmware is garbage.

Valid point, but anyone with enough savvy to want to use a router in the first place ought to be able to do a little research and learn about ddwrt and flashing firmware in general. This level of setup is not that complicated.

I am looking for an inexpensive router I can use as an addtitional access point so I really couldn't care less how well it works as a router. Does anyone have any experience with this. Flashing the ROM for me is not prob as I would put Tomato on it anyway.

Where is it for $15???

NkPro said:   A Wholesale liquidator has large quantity of this model in stock. They are running promo at $15 each. There should be a good reason why Belkin wants to get rid of this product at below cost. My recommendation is stay away from this model if you are not tech savy.

You must be a reseller to buy from them. www.evertek.com

CueballSi said:   Where is it for $15???

NkPro said:   A Wholesale liquidator has large quantity of this model in stock. They are running promo at $15 each. There should be a good reason why Belkin wants to get rid of this product at below cost. My recommendation is stay away from this model if you are not tech savy.

I'd also try one for $15, if any local dealers have it.
Reading the reviews, $25 seems too much to just try it out.

Get it for $19.99, no tax except Illinois and free shipping from eXpansys..

2% FatWallet Cash Back if you use the Expansys USA Cash Back links for a few more cents off.. Thanks scoogie!

Wholesale cost is $15 so if you can get it for $25 shipped, that's pretty good deal if you can make this router work. My fault for mentioning wholesale cost.

kyungjpark said:   I'd also try one for $15, if any local dealers have it.
Reading the reviews, $25 seems too much to just try it out.

In for one @ $20, excellent specs.

Thanks! For $20, I might try it out.

But does it support Tomato for sure? OP mentions, but doing some googling, it supports DD-WRT, but no mention of Tomato. Can't find if it's broadcom based.


never mind. Someone seems to have gotten it running successfully.
http://tomatousb.org/forum/t-371974/support-for-belkin-f7d7301-f...

kyungjpark said:   Thanks! For $20, I might try it out.

But does it support Tomato for sure? OP mentions, but doing some googling, it supports DD-WRT, but no mention of Tomato. Can't find if it's broadcom based.


According to this it is..

$20 for Wireless N and Gigabit? It's a no brainer! I got one!

Hypnosis4u2nv said:   kyungjpark said:   Thanks! For $20, I might try it out.

But does it support Tomato for sure? OP mentions, but doing some googling, it supports DD-WRT, but no mention of Tomato. Can't find if it's broadcom based.


According to this it is..


Thanks! Beat me by 30 seconds.

I ordered from Expansys for $19.99 shipped to California.

thanks!

I just ordered one from Expansys for $19.99 as well. Don't forget 2% CashBack!

For $20 I'm in. Thanks.

Don't forget 2% CashBack!

EDIT: Double Post

Mektarus said:   Tomato firmwares
Looks like a great way to get Wireless-N cheaply, anyone try a TomatoVPN build on it yet? I see there's a suggestion that tomato-K26USB-1.28.7483MIPSR2-Toastman-RT-VPN should work.

in 4 1 from Expansys! thanks guys!!

let's hope the last two posters (tomato thread) made mistakes on their own.

I got one from Expansys. I will flash with DD-WRT due to OpenDNS support. Has anyone used opendns parental controls with Tomato?

In for 1 ... has NTFS NAS support via USB port when using DD-WRT firmware. !!

Thank you ! Great Deal !! I ordered from Expansys Inc. 19.99 plus free shipping..

I wish Amazan would match the price. I've got a lot of gift card credit there.

in for 1 from Expansys, thanks!

Hmmm, I ordered yesterday from Expansys when it said they had 75 in stock. Today my order status shows "We are currently awaiting the stock required to fulfil your order." Sounds fishy.

Picked up 2 from Expansys. Just what I was looking for! I usually use DD-WRT but will give Tomato a try.

Only 6 left now.

I always use ShopSafe single-use credit cards for online transactions. Less stress.

got two for testing. Why not for $40 bucks.

It still shows 8 left in stock for me. Initially it said my order usually ships 1-2days. Now its saying it usually ships 7 days. WTF?! I'm starting to lose hope on this deal from Expansys.

I called Expansys a few hours ago about my order from yesterday. It is a drop shipment,coming straight from either the manufacturer or warehouser. there were 67 left when I called.

in 4 one from Expansys. There were 8 left

Thanks. Ordered one from Expansys as they have free shipping.

Thanks OP and Hypno

ordered 2 from Expansys as they have free shipping. and cheaper

Mektarus said:   Tanga (of all places) has the Belkin Share Max N300 300Mbps Wireless-N 802.11n 4-Port Gigabit Router for just $25 shipped. This is model F7D7301 but is actually a rebadged F7D3301. On it's own it seems to be a POS but it supports both DD-WRT and Tomato firmwares and running either makes it a whole new beast. For the price I figured it was worth a shot.

Belkin Share Max N300 300Mbps Wireless-N 802.11n 4-Port Gigabit Router




I dont see the support for this on DD-wrt page of routers?

anyone ??????

Thank you everyone on giving me green on my deal!

Skipping 96 Messages...
ooev said:   N204life said:   Pretty sure mines totally bricked. I keep trying to get to CFE menu and cant for the life of me. All i can get is a ip address of 169.254.39.159 i have tried the 30/30/30 probaly 50 times and cant get to it. I loaded dd-wrt loaded and after i loaded on toastmaster or whatever it never came back

read this post carefully and you should be able to save your router.


Have tried this an other options suggested still can't get router back to life? Any other ideas to un brick? here is my other post describing what I have tried... Link

Thanks, T



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014