Topic Search 11 results retrieved for entire. Refresh Results 

• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Belkin Share Max N300
Disclaimer
W A R N I N G!! --- ****USE THE LINKS PROVIDED IN THE MEMBER SUMMARY BELOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FIRMWARE!!! YOU RISK BRICKING IF THE FIRMWARE DOESN'T MATCH YOUR ROUTER!****

THE MEMBER SUMMARY CONTAINS ANSWERS TO MANY COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND TROUBLESHOOTING ADVICE WITHOUT YOU HAVING TO SEARCH THE ENTIRE THREAD FOR THEM. PLEASE LOOK IT OVER FOR A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM/QUESTION FIRST.

==========>>>>> PLEASE CLICK AND READ THIS **BEFORE** STARTING TO FLASH!! <<<<<==========

Click this FATLINK to Expansys Deal..

Check this Expired thread for positive reviews on loading it with DD-WRT and Tomato.. Thanks to everyone who contributed to that thread!

$21.99 Shipped and No Tax Except Illinois
2% Cash Back if you click this Expansys Cash Back link..

TELL ME WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND A WIRELESS N GIGABIT ROUTER WITH DUAL USB PORTS FOR $22??

DD-WRT how to install LINK
Tomato how to install LINK

Belkin Share Max N300 Wireless N+ Router Features

Enjoy lightning fast data transfers with this Belkin Share Max N300 F7D7301 Wireless Router!

This Belkin Share Max N300 Wireless-N MIMO Router acts as the central connection point for your wireless network. Simply place the router between your cable/ADSL modem and your computer to start sharing your broadband Internet access.

Still have an older computer that doesn't support wireless but you want to network anyway? No problem, this Belkin router offers four wired Ethernet ports for connecting other computers. Enjoy blistering fast data transfers with the Gigabit ports for media-intense applications.

With a built-in dual USB ports you can enjoy additional storage through external hard drives, flash drives or even connect to externally powered USB hubs. Featuring a lightweight, compact and ultra-sleek design this Belkin Share Max N300 F7D7301 Wireless-N Router is the perfect addition to your home or office without destroying the aesthetics of the room.

General Features:
802.11n Wireless Access Point
Data transfer speeds of up to 300 Mbps
MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) smart-antenna technology
Dual internal antennas
The dual USB ports let you plug in printers, hard drives, and other USB devices to share across your network
Integrated 4-Port Gigabit Switch
Belkin Router Monitor
Web-Based Advanced User Interface
Universal Plug-and-Play (UPnP) Compatibility
SPI Firewall
NAT IP Address Sharing
Standards:
IEEE 802.11n (up to 300 Mbps)
IEEE 802.11g (up to 54 Mpbs)
IEEE 802.11b (up to 11 Mbps)
Wireless Security:
Wi-Fi Protected Setup
256-bit WPA/WPA2 -Personal
64-bit, 128-bit WEP encryption
I/O Ports/Buttons:
Four (4) RJ-45 Ethernet jacks
Two (2) USB ports
One (1) RJ-45 Modem jack
One (1) Reset button
One (1) Power in
Dimensions:
11.75 x 7 x 3.25-inches (H x W x D, approximate)
Package Includes:
Belkin Share Max N300 F7D7301 Wireless-N Router
Power adapter (120V, 60 Hz)
RJ-45 Cat5E cable
Installation software and manual CD
Shipping Weight: 1.75lb

Hardware Specifications for F7D7301 v1:
  • Broadcom BCM4716 Rev1
  • 453 MHz CPU
  • 8 MB Flash
  • 64 MB RAM
  • 2x USB 2.0
  • WPS Button

Skipping -2 reply not matching your search for entire.
GilbertsGrape said:   TheDiggler said:   umenon said:   GilbertsGrape said:   i also tried hard coding the 192.168.1.8 on my pc with gateway 192.168.1.1 no luck. please help.

He put DD-WRT on. Since mini "took", the router is now @ 192.168.1.1. It was his upgrade to mega which apparently bricked it.

GlibertsGrape, see here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash

Thanks for the link i tried the 30/30/30 nothing and i get no lights what so ever. i think i am going to call Belkin and see if they will do a warranty replacement since the router will not even light up or come one. may live out the part on flashing the firmware......

Should I have installed the mega to start with instead of the mini then the mega. Is that what i did wrong? Or was this a fluke i bricked it?
Installing mini FIRST was absolutely the correct way to proceed. As far as trying to unbrick w/ the DD-WRT procedures, it sounds like you haven't tried the TFTP procedure yet:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash#Re...

Since you previously wrote that your PC's ethernet port does get a "link", you should manually set your PC's "Local Area Connection" IP Address to 192.168.1.108, sub-net 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1, then follow the TFTP procedure from there. You may want to perform the last part of the 30/30/30 (i.e. w/ the router powered off, hold the reset button in, power it on, and wait up to 30 seconds). The TFTP instructions are initially listed for Linux, but Windows instructions follow after that.

Note: The Windows "tftp.exe" program is not enabled by default under Windows Vista and Windows 7. To enable it, go to Control Panel --> Programs and Features, then click on "Turn Window features on or off" (left hand-side menu). Once you enable "TFTP Client" (you should also enable "Telnet Client" while you're at it), wihen opening a Windows command prompt, the "tftp" command should exist/work.

Another Note: The "arp -s" command that the procedure wants you to invoke will likely require an elevated command prompt. That means when you open your command prompt (Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Command Prompt), RIGHT CLICK ON IT and choose "Run as administrator."

Final Note: When attempting to TFTP a firmware file to your router, send it the "mini" firmware! If you manage to unbrick it from the "mini" firmware, try re-loading mega (choosing to RESET SETTINGS when loading in mega). If it bricks again, repeat the unbrick procedure to get "mini" working again.

*EDIT* Before you power on the router (using the 30/30/30), suggest you open a separate Command Prompt (doesn't need to be elevated) running "ping -t 192.168.1.1". Keep that separate Command Prompt open the entire time. If/when the router starts responding to "ping", you'll know its alive. (It may not respond until after you get to the "arp -s" command).

TheDiggler said:   GilbertsGrape said:   TheDiggler said:   umenon said:   GilbertsGrape said:   i also tried hard coding the 192.168.1.8 on my pc with gateway 192.168.1.1 no luck. please help.

He put DD-WRT on. Since mini "took", the router is now @ 192.168.1.1. It was his upgrade to mega which apparently bricked it.

GlibertsGrape, see here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash

Thanks for the link i tried the 30/30/30 nothing and i get no lights what so ever. i think i am going to call Belkin and see if they will do a warranty replacement since the router will not even light up or come one. may live out the part on flashing the firmware......

Should I have installed the mega to start with instead of the mini then the mega. Is that what i did wrong? Or was this a fluke i bricked it?
Installing mini FIRST was absolutely the correct way to proceed. As far as trying to unbrick w/ the DD-WRT procedures, it sounds like you haven't tried the TFTP procedure yet:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash#Re...

Since you previously wrote that your PC's ethernet port does get a "link", you should manually set your PC's "Local Area Connection" IP Address to 192.168.1.108, sub-net 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1, then follow the TFTP procedure from there. You may want to perform the last part of the 30/30/30 (i.e. w/ the router powered off, hold the reset button in, power it on, and wait up to 30 seconds). The TFTP instructions are initially listed for Linux, but Windows instructions follow after that.

Note: The Windows "tftp.exe" program is not enabled by default under Windows Vista and Windows 7. To enable it, go to Control Panel --> Programs and Features, then click on "Turn Window features on or off" (left hand-side menu). Once you enable "TFTP Client" (you should also enable "Telnet Client" while you're at it), wihen opening a Windows command prompt, the "tftp" command should exist/work.

Another Note: The "arp -s" command that the procedure wants you to invoke will likely require an elevated command prompt. That means when you open your command prompt (Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Command Prompt), RIGHT CLICK ON IT and choose "Run as administrator."

Final Note: When attempting to TFTP a firmware file to your router, send it the "mini" firmware! If you manage to unbrick it from the "mini" firmware, try re-loading mega (choosing to RESET SETTINGS when loading in mega). If it bricks again, repeat the unbrick procedure to get "mini" working again.

*EDIT* Before you power on the router (using the 30/30/30), suggest you open a separate Command Prompt (doesn't need to be elevated) running "ping -t 192.168.1.1". Keep that separate Command Prompt open the entire time. If/when the router starts responding to "ping", you'll know its alive. (It may not respond until after ywill try this tonight. I did not try tftp because I was unable to ping the router, but maybe I was not doing it right. Thanks to all that responded. I will let you know how it goes. Cross your fingers for me.ou get to the "arp -s" command).

I will try this tonight. I did not try tftp because I was unable to ping the router, but maybe I was not doing it right. Thanks to all that responded. I will let you know how it goes. Cross your fingers for me.

Here is my story:

Ordered this router on 4/13 and received it today (4/21) in the afternoon via FedEx. Immediately started playing with it. FYI, I am a complete noob when it comes to network/networking or anything that has to do with TCP/IP etc. I have read this entire thread twice and because of mavens like Hypnosis4u2nv I got enough mental strength that I can do this. I can at least follow simple directions as described in the OP or the dd-wrt forum. So, I set out to do this. Followed all the instructions religiously (set down with a timer for the 30/30/30 hard reset!!) and successfully flashed mega version on it. However, after everything was done, my internet connection would just not work - wired or wireless. I was not able to go online by any means. Everything looked great, i can get on the admin console at 192.168.1.1 but thats it. I even restarted all my computers and phones and even rebooted the router several times through admin tab. Finally I was going to write to one of the experts here, like Hypnosis4u2nv but for that I needed to connect my old POS router. Right before that I got an idea and I unplugged both my modem and router, waited 5 min and replugged again. BOOM!! everything started working. Wired and wireless - woohoo!!!!

Anyhow, I just wanted to write personal thanks to the OP and everybody here for your contributions. I am very happy about getting a cheap, fast router with opensource firmware

desidealmaster said:   Here is my story:

Ordered this router on 4/13 and received it today (4/21) in the afternoon via FedEx. Immediately started playing with it. FYI, I am a complete noob when it comes to network/networking or anything that has to do with TCP/IP etc. I have read this entire thread twice and because of mavens like Hypnosis4u2nv I got enough mental strength that I can do this. I can at least follow simple directions as described in the OP or the dd-wrt forum. So, I set out to do this. Followed all the instructions religiously (set down with a timer for the 30/30/30 hard reset!!) and successfully flashed mega version on it. However, after everything was done, my internet connection would just not work - wired or wireless. I was not able to go online by any means. Everything looked great, i can get on the admin console at 192.168.1.1 but thats it. I even restarted all my computers and phones and even rebooted the router several times through admin tab. Finally I was going to write to one of the experts here, like Hypnosis4u2nv but for that I needed to connect my old POS router. Right before that I got an idea and I unplugged both my modem and router, waited 5 min and replugged again. BOOM!! everything started working. Wired and wireless - woohoo!!!!

Anyhow, I just wanted to write personal thanks to the OP and everybody here for your contributions. I am very happy about getting a cheap, fast router with opensource firmware

Thank you and I'm glad you were able to get connected to enjoy the router! But I also would like to thank the countless other members who contributed with there own testing and related information on how to flash and troubleshoot the countless questions people have asked in this thread! I've never seen such a helpful and dedicated group of individuals take time to help everyone get the answers and fixes they're looking for.. This thread is filled with helpful information to get mostly everyone up and running..

desidealmaster said:   Here is my story:

I tried this... it works now... thanks for the tip

Cleared the NVRAM multiple times before loading DD-WRT and after loading DD-WRT no luck. Don't know if there is a way to blank the entire space that the firmware occupies. Googled for such a procedure but didn't find much (my search foo may be weak).

There is this thread on DD-WRT talking about the USB Automounting option mounting two partitions to the same mount point. It appears to affect the Brainslayer 18777 Big build. I am not using the Brainslayer builds with my router. One workaround is to go the Opware route.

JesseLivermore said:   Either I've done something wrong or there's a severe limitation on signal strength from this Belkin vs my Linksys WTRGS.

I've made sure the mhz is at 40 and that everything is optimized for maximum performance vs power consumption. I've also tinkered with a bunch of other settings.

I am getting very unstable and poor signal strength from this even at a range of 10 feet (and even less).

Something is definitely not right about that. I get "excellent" (according to Windows 7) five bars through the entire house, even 2-3 bars out in the backyard or sitting in my car in the driveway.

Toddler said: I get "excellent" (according to Windows 7) five bars through the entire house, even 2-3 bars out in the backyard or sitting in my car in the driveway.

Hypnosis4u2nv said:   
Don't use Auto Channel if possible.. If you have a smartphone, download WiFi Analyzer and set it to the channel with the best rating.. I have mine set to NG Mixed, and 40 Mhz with high signal at 10 feet.. I am also using WPA2 Personal Mixed with AES+TKIP security..

Thanks guys. I'm going to reset up the network and router again.

venkatbo said:   
Wonder if there is a tool to convert this thread to a .pdf ;?)
There is just so much collective knowledge here. shame to lose it due to "the natural thread aging process"

Well if one has a PDF Printer driver installed (like PDF Forge) one could hit the Text Only link at the top of the page and print the entire thread, in text format, to PDF (all 350+ pages of it)...

bennor said:   venkatbo said:   
Wonder if there is a tool to convert this thread to a .pdf ;?)
There is just so much collective knowledge here. shame to lose it due to "the natural thread aging process"

Well if one has a PDF Printer driver installed (like PDF Forge) one could hit the Text Only link at the top of the page and print the entire thread, in text format, to PDF (all 350+ pages of it)...

Like this?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014