• filter:
  • 1 2 34545
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Bought one to replace my WRT54GS, thank you op.

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
The (direct from) Amazon price for the F7D7301 is currently $57.99

And with that I wonder why this wasn't posted in Today's Coupons and Deals.. That's why I always check the forums..

rated:
TheDiggler said:   .

The (direct from) Amazon price for the F7D7301 is currently $57.99:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B1Z6EE?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0...

No..the price(from the same seller) is $21.99 plus $4.00 shipping. So in total, you save a whole $4.00 on this deal compared to checking out through Amazon.

rated:
sardarji said:   I have CISCO E3000 - should I keep it or replace it? Thanks.

Seems like a great router out the box and supports DD-WRT and Tomato so I would keep it.. Get this Belkin if you want to set it up as a wireless repeater or wireless bridge somewhere else in your home..

rated:
respdoc said:   TheDiggler said:   .

No..the price is (from the same seller) $21.99 plus $4.00 shipping. So in total, you save a whole $4.00 on this deal compared to checking out through Amazon.

I think he was referring to the Amazon pricing from Amazon itself.. And most of us would pay tax purchasing through Amazon also.. Yes, it's not that much more although the $4 difference is a savings of over 15%, getting the best pricing is always the main objective when visiting forums like Fatwallet.. I wish it was still $19.99!

rated:
Thanks OP. In-4-1

rated:
Hypnosis4u2nv said:   

I think he was referring to the Amazon pricing from Amazon itself.. And most of us would pay tax purchasing through Amazon also.. Yes, it's not that much more, but getting the best pricing is always the main objective when visiting forums like Fatwallet.. I wish it was still $19.99!

I'm thinking a majority of fw'ers don't live in the 6 states Amazon taxes..so "most of us" will not be paying tax. The point is the price difference (compared to the $58) is not that great.

rated:
Other than price, when flashed with dd wrt, does anyone have any opinions as to how this compares to the Asus RT-N16?

rated:
respdoc said:   
I'm thinking a majority of fw'ers don't live in the 6 states Amazon taxes..so "most of us" will not be paying tax. The point is the price difference (compared to the $58) is not that great.

It's not about the price point, but the percentage savings.. Over 15% is a substantial savings when looked at from that perspective.. And those 6 states are heavily populated, New York being one of them..

rated:
TheDiggler said:   NARC said:   Amazon's price is $54.99
The link above is actually for a different model Belkin router (F7D7302q).

Fixed, thanks Dig

rated:
WantTheBest said:   Other than price, when flashed with dd wrt, does anyone have any opinions as to how this compares to the Asus RT-N16?

Keep the Asus RT-N16, the reviews are good and it works with DD-WRT and Tomato.. Not much difference in specs to warrant an upgrade unless you want 2 USB ports..

rated:
Hypnosis4u2nv said:   

It's not about the price point, but the percentage savings.. Over 15% is a substantial savings when looked at from that perspective.. And those 6 states are heavily populated, New York being one of them..

and unless you are counting dairy cows, the state of Vermont is not heavily populated.

We can spin the numbers around any way you want...but the fact remains: the current market price seems to be about $21-$29 on this router not the $54 plus as quoted before. So at $21.99 with free shipping, it's a fairly good price...given you were already in the market for this particular router.

rated:
onlypinkfloyd said:   I already have a Vz FIOS wifi modem as a gateway and trying to use this Belkin to extend the home network wirelessly... with the tomato load, can this belkin act as a wireless repeater to extend the reach of the network to another part of the house?
Technically, a repeater creates a second, separate network which does indeed have Internet access, but your clients on network A won't be able to see network B and vice-versa. You also can't seamlessly roam from one access point to the other, since they are different networks. What you probably want is repeater bridge mode, so that all of your clients are on the same network and can seamlessly switch to whichever access point is within range.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeating_Mode_Comparisons

rated:
respdoc said:   Hypnosis4u2nv said:   

and unless you are counting dairy cows, the state of Vermont is not heavily populated.

We can spin the numbers around any way you want...but the fact remains: the current market price seems to be about $21-$29 on this router not the $54 plus as quoted before. So at $21.99 with free shipping, it's a fairly good price...given you were already in the market for this particular router.
please move along and stop threadcrapping.

rated:
psxzombie said:   please move along and stop threadcrapping.

Please understand what a word means before using it in sentence.

rated:
respdoc said:   

Tax in Vermont is reported, not collected by Amazon. Anyway, not to get off track or an argument, I understand your point but many feel that this is an exceptional deal. They aren't running to other sellers to make purchases because this is currently the best pricing on this device out there.

rated:
What's the sustained transfer rates for its the USB filesharing? Its hardware is comparable to low-end NAS units so I suspect it may barely get more than 100 Mbps throughput even on GbE.

I searched Belkin's site and around the web and can't tell if this model has a 5GHz antenna. Since there's no explicit mention of it, chances are it's 2.4GHz only. In order to get 300 Mbps, you'd have to consume 2 out of the 3 non-overlapping bands. What that usually means is it's more prone to interference, sporadic dropouts and reduction in throughput.

rated:
respdoc said:   TheDiggler said:   .

No..the price(from the same seller) is $21.99 plus $4.00 shipping. So in total, you save a whole $4.00 on this deal compared to checking out through Amazon.

You sound like $4 is meaningless, yet $25.99 is over 18% more expensive than $21.99. I'll save 18% any day.

rated:
Toddler said:   respdoc said:   TheDiggler said:   .

You sound like $4 is meaningless, yet $25.99 is over 18% more expensive than $21.99. I'll save 18% any day.

My suggestion is for you to read what you quoted from TheDiggler then my quote if you are having trouble understanding the price breakdown/comparison costs and percentages.

rated:
peas said:   What's the sustained transfer rates for its the USB filesharing? Its hardware is comparable to low-end NAS units so I suspect it may barely get more than 100 Mbps throughput even on GbE.

I searched Belkin's site and around the web and can't tell if this model has a 5GHz antenna. Since there's no explicit mention of it, chances are it's 2.4GHz only.

It's not dual band so 5Ghz is out of the question. And 5Ghz historically has issues with long range transmissions from a number of different routers that have it as an option because the 5GHz signal just doesn't travel very far as it's being absorbed by obstructions. My DIR-825 has horrible range on 5Ghz so I don't even use it because I barely see it available at times..

Curiously, I would like to know how SAMBA would work on the DD-WRT interface with an EXT3 formatted drive.. Using NTFS formatted drives on my hacked Pogoplug gave me horrible transfer rates on GigE (4-7 MBs), but when I switched to EXT3 formatted drives I got faster speeds (25-28 MBs).. And your speeds are also dependant on your USB speed also, so FULL GigE is out the question if your on USB2.0..

rated:
got 1. thanks op.

rated:
IL has to pay $1.70 tax order directly from Expansys.

rated:
respdoc said:   Toddler said:   respdoc said:   TheDiggler said:   .

My suggestion is for you to read what you quoted from TheDiggler then my quote if you are having trouble understanding the price breakdown/comparison costs and percentages.

I don't think I'm the one having trouble understanding that paying $4 (18.2%) more to order from the same seller through Amazon is not a better deal.

rated:
watssion said:   IL has to pay $1.70 tax order directly from Expansys.

Your still going to pay tax if your from Illinois and order through Expansys.. That's the only state Expansys taxes.. But I'm not sure if you meant "don't order directly from Expansys." It wouldn't make sense since it's still cheaper than purchasing through Amazon and paying the shipping..

rated:
I have an old Netgear WNR834B refurb that I got from Frys via an old FW deal. It's been pretty stable with the exception of its power supply dying on me. I've been having to use the power supply from my WD TV Live unit. This is very tempting... I know what the wife will say though LOL

If I get DD-WRT on this, will I be able to set it up as a repeater with my WNR834B if the versions of DD-WRT are different?

rated:
jplee3 said:   
If I get DD-WRT on this, will I be able to set it up as a repeater with my WNR834B if the versions of DD-WRT are different?

I don't think you need DD-WRT on the device you want to repeat from.. I am using wireless bridge just fine from a non-DD-WRT router..

rated:
Hypnosis4u2nv said:   jplee3 said:   

I don't think you need DD-WRT on the device you want to repeat from.. I am using wireless bridge just fine from a non-DD-WRT router..

What routers do you have? I thought, typically, for bridging/repeating you need to use the same vendors or what not. Is it just a matter of entering MAC addresses now? I'm just concerned that I won't be able to bridge with such an 'old' router and this Belkin, if I get it. BTW: I already have DD-WRT on the Netgear, so I have no intention of removing it (it's probably more trouble than it's worth to flash back to the default firmware anyway).

rated:
In for 1, I have been looking for a reason to update my current Linksys DD-WRT system. Thank you

rated:
jplee3 said:   
What routers do you have? I thought, typically, for bridging/repeating you need to use the same vendors or what not. Is it just a matter of entering MAC addresses now? I'm just concerned that I won't be able to bridge with such an 'old' router and this Belkin, if I get it. BTW: I already have DD-WRT on the Netgear, so I have no intention of removing it (it's probably more trouble than it's worth to flash back to the default firmware anyway).

I have a DIR-825 and this Belkin.. Just like setting up a bridge, you need to setup your wireless settings on the secondary router (Under Wireless/Wireless, you need to configure it using the same SSID as the primary router and use the same password and encryption) then join the network you want to repeat (Under Status/Wireless -> click Site Survey and join that network) .. The key is that you have to keep the bridge on the same default network path as the primary router My DIR-825 uses the path 192.168.0.1 and the default for the Belkin is 192.168.1.1, so I just used 192.168.0.2 on the Belkin to complete the setup..

Your really not doing anything to your primary router for bridging or repeating..

rated:
Pulled the trigger... I'll give it a shot. Thanks OP! I figure my justification will be that I want to sell the WD TV unit and in order to do so it needs the power adapter back from the current router. Then I'll tell her I'm gonna sell the current router after this one is all setup. Yea. Right. HAHAHA

rated:
thanks op, in for one. will try to make it a repeater. anyone using
it as a repeater? any links would be appreciated.

rated:
nabixlholdings said:   thanks op, in for one. will try to make it a repeater. anyone using

LINK TO REPEATER BRIDGE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

rated:
Thx OP in for 1

rated:
Hypnosis4u2nv said:   nabixlholdings said:   thanks op, in for one. will try to make it a repeater. anyone using

LINK TO REPEATER BRIDGE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Thank you OP.. You are the best, much appreciated

rated:
Thnx op....I guess I will get one to try it out and whats the return policy for this site?

rated:
mrcutiebear said:   Thnx op....I guess I will get one to try it out and whats the return policy for this site?

2.0 Returns and Warranty Information

2.1 For help setting up your merchandise or installing software please contact the technical support department of the manufacturer, or visit our technical forum.

2.2 Expansys Inc must test all returned products before we can issue a refund or exchange any products. This is necessary so we are able to file claims on defective or damaged goods with the manufacturer or the shipping company.

2.3 If your goods arrive defective or in a damaged state, email returns@Expansys-USA.com with your order number and a brief explanation of the situation. You will be emailed the steps for completing the exchange. Claims for damage, delivery discrepancy etc. should be made within 48 hours of delivery - claims will not be accepted after this time. You have 15 days to report defective goods. After 15 days, you MUST contact the manufacturer to redeem your warranty, please do not contact Expansys Inc.

Although Expansys offers a 15 day return policy for most products, we are restricted from returning certain items such as the AR.Drone and Zikmu Speakers. These items will be supported via the manufacturer from the date of the sale. Expansys will not accept returns on these items, except in the event of a damaged shipment claim. Customer must contact manufacturer, Parrot, directly for any warranty, technical, return, and repair issues for the AR.Drone and Zikmu Speakers. Please call Parrot Technical Support 1-877-9Parrot.

RMA Forms are available for download HERE

Please note that your MUST have an RMA # prior to returning your product.

2.4 If you are shipped an overage/shortage or incorrect goods in comparison to your invoice, Expansys Inc will pay the shipping costs to fix the error. Claims for damage, delivery discrepancy etc. should be made within 48 hours of delivery - claims will not be accepted after this time. Email returns@Expansys-USA.com with the order number and a brief explanation of the situation. You will be emailed further instructions.

2.5 If the goods are NOT defective and you wish to return them you have 15 days from when the package arrives to return the goods for a refund. Return items must be in As-New condition and include all packaging and documentation. If good are not in As-New condition or are missing packaging or documentation, Expansys may either refuse the return or charge a re-stocking fee between 10% and 25% depending on the condition of the returned items. You will need to email returns@Expansys-USA.com with a brief explanation of the situation. A refund will be provided within 30 days after the merchandise is received at our warehouse. You will not be refunded the delivery costs.

2.6 Software that has been opened is not eligible for a refund. Opened software may only be exchanged for the same title. Unopened software may be returned in like new condition within 15 days.

2.7 Please note that "B-Stock" items are NOT new and are sold on a strict "first-come, first served" basis. Customer has 3 days from time of delivery to notify Expansys of a defective or incorrectly described item. B-Stock items may NOT be returned for any reason other than defect or incorrect descriptions on the Expansys-USA website.

2.8 Returned goods remain the property and responsibility of the customer until Expansys signs acceptance of the return shipment. We strongly advise customers to use secure, signed for service for return shipping. If you do not receive an email response within 2 business days, please email amo@Expansys.com or call 309.820.7913 to report your case.

2.9 Special order items are NOT eligible for cancellation, return, or refund. Please contact a sales associate for details at 309-834-0323.

rated:
jplee3 said:   I have an old Netgear WNR834B refurb that I got from Frys via an old FW deal. It's been pretty stable with the exception of its power supply dying on me. I've been having to use the power supply from my WD TV Live unit. This is very tempting... I know what the wife will say though LOL

I hate power cords so I combine them. An external full size HD usually has a 12V, 4A power source, which I split up to power the router, cable modem, and NAS drive. You need about $5 worth of plugs from an electronics shop to match the ports on the back of the respective units.

rated:
jplee3 said:   I hate power cords so I combine them. An external full size HD usually has a 12V, 4A power source, which I split up to power the router, cable modem, and NAS drive. You need about $5 worth of plugs from an electronics shop to match the ports on the back of the respective units.
All the wall warts in my electronics cabinet (read: under the stairs closet) kind of piss me off too, but I've never thought about doing that. Any chance you know of a DIY article, or could you give some more information about your setup? That's a really great idea.

rated:
I got mine two days ago and flashed with DD-WRT. It worked as a regular AP but did not work as a Repeater Bridge (using Wifi Analyzer on my Samsung Captivate I saw the signal cycle between -60dB to no-signal every few seconds). As an AP it worked fine. I initially connected a 2.5inch USB drive (7200rpm) formatted to NTFS. With the client WIRED to the router the rate was 3MB/s. After reformatting it to ext3 ... the transfer went up to 7-8MB/s. Not impressive at all but enough to stream 1080 video stream.

Strangely, I noticed that all my N-capable wireless devices show greater SPEEDTEST.NET results when the router is in G-mode. When router is set to N-mode the speed drops 30 to 40% !! However, wireless client to USB-dongle drive is faster in N-mode. Strange paradox.

I will try Tomato this weekend.

rated:
Thanks OP... in for 2 to replace 2 flashed WRT54GL v2!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014