• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Apple Store
Need a Apple Store coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
MacMall
Need a MacMall coupon that earns Up to 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Picked up a 2,4 latest version off eBay for the same price 2 weeks ago

eBay does not count. How can you trust who you are buying from on eBay?

Apple is so overpriced...Maybe if they quit suing all their competitors who they STEAL from they could sell their products at a better price. When is google going to sue apple for stealing the notification pulldown from android? hmmm. hypocrites. They want to weed out the competition so they can continue to rip consumers off. They want a monopoly market so they dont have to reduce their prices to compete.

iWillEndYou said:   Apple is so overpriced...Maybe if they quit suing all their competitors who they STEAL from they could sell their products at a better price. When is google going to sue apple for stealing the notification pulldown from android? hmmm. hypocrites. They want to weed out the competition so they can continue to rip consumers off. They want a monopoly market so they dont have to reduce their prices to compete.

maybe over priced but I wouldn't accept another notebook ever gain, This is my second macbook pro 17" and there is no comparisons that I have tested that could replace it.

Apple is overrated.

leoxanigm said:   Apple is overrated.

Your so right ! 600 Billion and climbing

leoxanigm said:   Apple is overrated.

To each their own, but at least go and try using a friends' device and just maybe you'll open your eyes. I have been a PC/Linux user for 20 years and have switched to Mac/Mac OS X in the last 4.

At the very least, Mac OS X makes a *wonderful* host OS for running other operating systems. It is also a good launching point if you are interested in using UNIX independently as a lot of packages are rebuilt using OS X's software libraries.

And, the main reason I have yet to switch back is that the trackpad gets the least amount of love from everyone except Apple.

That said, it has been at this price for some time. I would wait until May to see what will happen.

Good price, hard to find deals on Mac's. No idea why the haters click on links for products they hate. Must be some secret obsession.

ash =o)

Mac is good. love it.
But seriously, it's over-priced and monopoly.
Why can't we install Mac OS on a PC? PC and Mac have the same hardware.
Justice Department should investigate Apple and force Apple to allow Mac OS to be installed in a PC.

You Mac haters miss the point on price with Mac. Mac OS is superior to Windows in every way I can think of, but the hardware quality is way above anything else on the market. You can probably buy a similar spec 17" Windows laptop for $1000, but then you'd have inferior piece of hardware in terms of build quality, and you have to use Windows. The only laptops I've ever owned that comes close in build quality are the Japanese MARKET Sony Vaio's of 2000-2004. Nothing else I've found really compares. When you buy a Mac you buy a superior software platform, and much superior build of hardware. Also, while it is technically against the EULA, you can install Mac OS on non-Apple laptops.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014