• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
BJs Warehouse Club is offering a discounted and extended membership through a local high school.

Whether you are a current member that wants to extend your membership renewal date OR you are a new member, you get the following:

DISCOUNT: $10 off the $50 cost of a "regular" membership OR $20 off the $106.50 cost of a "rewards" membership (final cost in Rockland County NY is $43.25 or $86.50 + tax)
EXTENDED: get an additional 3 months of membership (15 months of membership rather than the usual 12 months)
FREE: second membership card for another member of your household
PLUS: BJs gives the school a donation of $5 of your membership fee!

BJ's Wholesale Club has over 180 locations in 15 states:

Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Virginia

I think that this is a good offer: both the member and the school gets something. And none of the other warehouse stores offer any membership discounts or entended terms! Plus they donate something to the school (and with all the schools are going through nowadays, it means a lot). In fact, I know that the PTSA is doing this so they can raise money to offer 2 seniors scholarships at the end of the school year! (The Principal hasn't let the PTSA do any other fund raising so far this year so this REALLY needs to do well so that they can offer the scholarships!) So PLEASE send this onto anyone you can think of that might benefit from this offer.

You can get an flyer with the details and an application e-mailed to you by e-mailing them at RamapoPTSA@gmail.com. The applications are due there by 5/1 so don't put it off! Thanks for whatever you can do to help them raise money for the 2 scholarships!

Member Summary

BJ's Club
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I am in the same boat, Got lured over to Costco, shocked at the difference. Looking for a discount for bj's membership e... (more)

ccg (May. 26, 2012 @ 3:32p) |

Can you please tell me when does the deal with BJs expire?

jgrullon2 (Jun. 20, 2012 @ 7:39a) |

When BJs opened a few years ago in the southside of Jacksonville (Phillips Hwy.), I signed up as a member right away. Th... (more)

jluterosaurus (Jul. 26, 2012 @ 9:22a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I see that there have been a lot of views of this post but only one person rated it and they gave it a negative rating.

If you think it's a good deal (money off the cost of your membership, a longer term for that money AND a donation to the school so that they can give 2 graduating seniors a scholarship in June), then please give it a green rating.

If you don't think it's a good deal, please let me know why. I would be interested in hearing the other offers that are out there which might be better.

Thanks very much for your time!!!

Do you have to live in that area or can you be near any BJs for this promotion?

Discounted BJs always rate a green!

FWIW, if you have one near you Sam's Club is still only $35 to join. We have Sam's and BJ's within 1/4 mile of each other and the BJ's here has always been an "ugly" store. Poorly taken care of & "looks" dirty and also has the absolute worst selection of electronics compared to Sam's & Costco. There is another BJ's about 12 miles away which is nicer looking but in general Costco and Sam's seem to be MUCH better taken care of (management issue?) than BJ's.

Man, I'm a BJs member now, but I'm not sure I'm saving $50 per year...

valvo23 said:   Do you have to live in that area or can you be near any BJs for this promotion?

no, you do not have to live in this area ... u can be near any BJs for the promotion

chrispitude said:   Man, I'm a BJs member now, but I'm not sure I'm saving $50 per year...

sorry to hear that!!! But this actually costs less than $50/year AND if you use coupons (which are accepted there) you can save even more!

MisterEd said:   FWIW, if you have one near you Sam's Club is still only $35 to join. We have Sam's and BJ's within 1/4 mile of each other and the BJ's here has always been an "ugly" store. Poorly taken care of & "looks" dirty and also has the absolute worst selection of electronics compared to Sam's & Costco. There is another BJ's about 12 miles away which is nicer looking but in general Costco and Sam's seem to be MUCH better taken care of (management issue?) than BJ's.

my guess is that it's a management issue...the ones in my area (lower NYS) and near my sister (NJ) are GREAT!!! Better kept than the Sam's Club I belonged to years ago in Westchester County NY... But that was years ago so things may have changed

I love BJ's tee hee

chrispitude said:   Man, I'm a BJs member now, but I'm not sure I'm saving $50 per year...

I think the OP should change the heading from warehouse to wholesale.

Problem is, how in the hell can they claim the word "wholesale" when at my local gas pump price, they are usually the follower?

But they are there, and its close.

The deli, meat, cheese,and produce prices are the only things that are marginally cheaper than the competition.

sams1997 said:   my guess is that it's a management issue...the ones in my area (lower NYS) and near my sister (NJ) are GREAT!!! Better kept than the Sam's Club I belonged to years ago in Westchester County NY... But that was years ago so things may have changedThe Sams Club in Westchester (Elmsford) is not as bad as it used to be (they expanded it) but the employees still do not understand what good customer service is and I agree it's a management issue). A few weeks ago I was on line and they decided to change cashiers before ringing me up, and of course took their time talking to each other while doing it. The amazing thing was that they clearly did not think that there was anything wrong with this because the cashier actually pointed out the survey on the receipt and encouraged me to fill it out!

The one in Fishkill is much better.

busterbrown32952 said:   The deli, meat, cheese,and produce prices are the only things that are marginally cheaper than the competition.Land O Lakes American Cheese at the deli is always $3.49 a pound. use a $1 off 1 pound of cheese coupon from the Landolakes.com website and it's even better. However, not all BJ's clubs have service delis.

Also see if your company has discount. Just extended mine for 15 months for $40

I'm a Costco person, but I've always thought of BJs as the discount club for the bachelor. They're the only discount club that sells food in somewhat reasonable amounts/portions that a single person could actually get through. And, if you don't do a lot of cooking and eat a lot of sandwiches, BJs is pretty great for their deli alone. Sam's Club...I have no idea why you'd ever even consider Sam's Club unless that was your only option in the area. Their service and selection sucks.

My BJ's membership expires at the end of this month... I was tempted not to renew but withthe added extra 3 months of membership for free, I cant resist...Thanks OP!!

FWIW, I go there at least 3 times a week (there is one within 3 miles of my home) ..they sell local fresh veggies...I dont buy canned or process foods and buying these fresh veggies for my family of 7 ...my kids are all lactose intolerant...the savings from buying Lactaid and soy milk are certainly over $50/year for my family ( I go thru 2 to 3 gallons of milk a week)

Until we got a new Wa-Wa, the gas was also cheapest in the area ( about 5-7 cents cheaper per gallon) but now Wa-Wa is usually the same price as BJs....

gecman said:   Also see if your company has discount. Just extended mine for 15 months for $40

that's what this offer is for: the 15 month extension or new membership for $40...the only difference is that the high school is doing it as a fund-raiser to sponsor 2 scholarships for graduating seniors...(vs a donation made to the company)

I LOVE BJs
Thanks!

I save more than the cost of membership each year just in gasoline.
They have awesome fresh meat.
The deli (Dietz and Watson brand) is so so.
Great deals on eyeglasses and sunglasses, tires, etc.
Worth it if close by, and you like BJs :-O

Well it's nice that the school gets a donation, but it's pretty much a standard deal. There's a coupon around here in an older thread for a free 60 day trial which expires in July. Once you take that to the counter, they'll offer you $10 off and the 3 extra months so the only thing new here is the extra $5 donation to a school. Others have mentioned that they just keep churning the 60 day free membership, sometimes they allow it, sometimes they don't.

why i like bj's store over costco. i just recently let my bj's membership end because i got a free year at costco. Very unhappy after 2 months.

Bj's has a great Deli..
BJ's has better hours
Bj's has express lines, and self check out and more lines in general
Bj's takes coupons
Bj's takes credit cards (costco only takes AMEX)
BJ's doesn't ask me for my stupid card when entering
at bj's i always would get 5 gallon bottles of water for my cooler, costco doesn't have this and I have pay 1 or 2 dollars more to get the water elsewhere.
we like the land o lakes fat free half and half, they only carry 1 type of half and half at costco, they don't have vanilla milk which is what my son likes, they dont have turkey pepperoni, and we find the bakery selection at bj's to have better choices.

costco has a great seafood selection, far better than bj's. that's the only positive for me.

plus it just may be my costco, but no one returns the cards and there are carts just lying around everywhere. and at the bj's everyone returns there carts. very weird. anyway just my opinion.

hardk0re said:   and we find the bakery selection at bj's to have better choices.
I agreed with your other opinions but I think that Costco's bakery is far superior to BJ's. But to each their own. Costco is trying to build a store in my area, across the street from where there is already a BJ's. The people who oppose Costco (because it's an evil big box store) claim that we do not need it because we already have BJ's. But there are people who like each and they can co-exist (and especially since there is no Costco in the immediate area and it will draw people who want to shop there). I admit that I like BJ's deli (when I don't have to waste 15+ minutes on line because they do not have enough employees working) and the self-scan registers are very handy. The coupons are nice, too.

plus it just may be my costco, but no one returns the carts and there are carts just lying around everywhere.That's likely a management issue. The store employees should be collecting carts. And maybe people buy more stuff at Costco so they take the carts to their car while at BJ's they can drop them off and carry stuff.

I am in the same boat, Got lured over to Costco, shocked at the difference. Looking for a discount for bj's membership even tho we sighed up for Costco executive ( black card). Totally over Costco and their credit card deal. Can't even get a hotdog with my debit card! The products are a little higher end, but much more expensive than BJ's.

Boo to Costco!

Can you please tell me when does the deal with BJs expire?

When BJs opened a few years ago in the southside of Jacksonville (Phillips Hwy.), I signed up as a member right away. Then I shopped for food and found that virtually every single item was priced higher than I pay at the Wallmart. So why should I pay a membership; to pay more for my purchases? I asked an older looking clerk (i.e. experience there?) why the prices weren't discounted. He replied cheerfully as he walked away. "Discounts are on gas and jewelry." I then returned my membership card and got a refund.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014