• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

OCZ Agility 3 SSD 128GB AGT3-25SAT3-120G
Disclaimer
Newegg is offering the OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for $99.99 After Rebate, free shipping.

$114.99
-$15.00 MIR (prepaid card)
-------
$99.99

Link to product
Link to rebate

If you received a recent set of "Customer Loyalty Coupons" in your e-mail, you might be able to take another 15% off the price of the drive with coupon code: BTENFGN45

-15%
------
$97.74
-$15 MIR
------
$82.74 final price if you can use the coupon

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, nice price after the additional coupon. I'm in for one!

wow, way cheaper than what i got one just few months ago, green

Wow! Nice deal! Green for you!

Nice deal. It seems SSD price is dropping.

How is this drive compared to the Crucial M4 128GB - the ongoing deal at Staples for $94.99?

Reviews are not great. 17% 1 star. only 56% 5 star. Back up your data! (i learned the hard way)

rts said:   How is this drive compared to the Crucial M4 128GB - the ongoing deal at Staples for $94.99?

I checked Staples and its $158....sorry

Get something else, I had a few OCZs and they all had BSOD problems with Windows. I think it's the cheap memory they use in the SSDs and it's either not fast enough for sata3 or the chips are just horrible junk ones.

After the last round of firmware updates at the end of last year there is nothing wrong with OCZ SSDs.
I've had this exact SSD since January running pretty much 24/7 in my new laptop that I use for development and gaming and I have had no issues once I did the normal windows ssd tuning steps.

DaGimp said:   Get something else, I had a few OCZs and they all had BSOD problems with Windows. I think it's the cheap memory they use in the SSDs and it's either not fast enough for sata3 or the chips are just horrible junk ones.

Must reply with obligatory "completely opposite experience" post. I have had 3 OCZs over the past 3 years and all have performed 100% without a single hiccup.

I have two 60gb versions of these running now for 4 months with no issues at all.
Both were Windows 7 clones, and not even fresh installs.

DaGimp said:   Get something else, I had a few OCZs and they all had BSOD problems with Windows. I think it's the cheap memory they use in the SSDs and it's either not fast enough for sata3 or the chips are just horrible junk ones.

rts said: How is this drive compared to the Crucial M4 128GB - the ongoing deal at Staples for $94.99?

Tom's Hardware rates the performance here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-storage-value,3184-6.htm...

The Crucial M4 is in "Tier 5" and this OCZ is in "Tier 8" (lower number tier is better). The tiers are "structured so that each tier represents a 10% difference in performance".

This doesn't address anything about reliability, longevity, or compatibility though.

What tier would the new OCZ Vertex 4 that just was released?...I picked one up..should be delivered tomorrow...I have the M4 and a Kinston SSD in 2 other computers with no problems

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014