• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Target is Clearing out Amazon Kindles starting Tomorrow ( Target Clearance : Amazon Kindle Entire Product Line)I have just come back from Target and got news that starting Tomorrow they are going to clearing out Amazon Kindles.

To support this fact here is news from AP too [msn.com] . http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=201...

As per the store manager it will be in 3 phases. 30 % off , 50% off and 75 % off over Next 3 week period.

There will no Price adjustment what so ever ...

Happy Hunting.

This is for Info only.

kingofdeal/sd

Member Summary

kindle (39.68kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

respdoc (May. 10, 2012 @ 12:12p) |

I walked past the Kindle display and noticed that all the price tags and display models were pulled. There were three To... (more)

mpattdu (May. 14, 2012 @ 2:44p) |

Yesterday morning (May 17), my local SuperTarget (DuPage County, Illinois) assured me that the Kindles are not on sale. ... (more)

lgmayka (May. 18, 2012 @ 5:36p) |

The DPCI is 057-17-0035

The inventory checker is here
  • Also categorized in:

Hope I didn't pull the trigger too soon when I bought the KwSO yesterday at WMT for $49 after GC.

A good FWer at Target would know the third markdown is 70% and not 75%.

Is this deal so exciting that it deserves all-caps subject?

fchild said:   Is this deal so exciting that it deserves all-caps subject?

YES

stinhoutx said:   A good FWer at Target would know the third markdown is 70% and not 75%.

and a good FWer would know this is ripped from SD by the kingofdeal/sd notation in the op, and would realize it's not my info.

I didn't see the word "starts" in caps.

Hoogineer said:   Hope I didn't pull the trigger too soon when I bought the KwSO yesterday at WMT for $49 after GC.
Still a better deal, I think, unless you're both really patient and really lucky. It's not like these are going away, it's just that Apple cut a deal with Target to feature Apple kiosks, and you know how Apple works--the competition must be expunged.

So, if we wanna buy kindle with offer having 70% OFF, then does it mean I have to buy in week-3 from now?
For e.g lets say:-
1st week - 30% off
2nd week - 50% off
3rd week - 70% off

If Target will not be doing pricematch later( for e.g buying in week-1) and going to target in week-3 for pricematch, then the only way to get this maximised offer is waiting for week-3, ofcourse assuming it is still available.

stinhoutx said:   A good FWer at Target would know the third markdown is 70% and not 75%.

Also Target always updates clearance price for electronics and computer on Monday, at least in my state, NJ. Are other states different?

codemaster said:   So, if we wanna buy kindle with offer having 70% OFF, then does it mean I have to buy in week-3 from now?
1st week - 30% off
2nd week - 50% off
3rd week - 70% off

If Target will not be doing pricematch later( for e.g buying in week-1) and going to target in week-3 for pricematch, then the only way to get this maximised offer is waiting for week-3, ofcourse assuming it is still available.

Filene's basement!

no, there won't be any left, unless you get one from the case tomorrow, stash it somewhere, and come back in week 3.

if there is any in stock,,employees and their friends are hording and reserving them as we speak,they wont last 1 day anyway even if they did have any, all you have to do is say the kindle is marked down from 199 to 197 and all the uninformed will line up to get em,,marka-my-words,,im never wrong cause i stayed in a Holiday Inn once..

Confirmed.

codemaster said:   So, if we wanna buy kindle with offer having 70% OFF, then does it mean I have to buy in week-3 from now?
1st week - 30% off
2nd week - 50% off
3rd week - 70% off

An employee in electronics told me that I can bring the kindle back within 45 days of purchase and get pm'ed at guest services... Apparently he didn't know what he was talking about...
Btw, best place to hide is in large kitchen elecs, the stock moves much slower and tons of space...

Right. Now everyone has their RED card and the max. discount that we get is only 70%.

TheChosenOne said:   codemaster said:   So, if we wanna buy kindle with offer having 70% OFF, then does it mean I have to buy in week-3 from now?
1st week - 30% off
2nd week - 50% off
3rd week - 70% off

An employee in electronics told me that I can bring the kindle back within 45 days of purchase and get pm'ed at guest services... Apparently he didn't know what he was talking about...
Btw, best place to hide is in large kitchen elecs, the stock moves much slower and tons of space...

I did this once with a friend, but not everyone can pull it off. Basically I tried to get a PM at Target on a clearance hard drive after it was 70% off. I knew they would say no, so I brought a friend with me. When they refused, I asked for a manager and told him I would return it if they wouldn't reduce the price. As he was processing my return, I asked him what would happen to the item and he said they would put it back into inventory and sell it to someone else. At that point my friend said "I'll buy it" and the manager said "I can't sell it to you for an hour, that's our policy." I have no idea what policy that would be, but we just stood around in customer service waiting for the clock to expire. I actually did my best to look like I was in line, and when other customers would ask if I was in line, I would loudly state "No, we are just waiting to buy that hard drive, and the manager said it would take him an hour to ring us up." After about 20 minutes of that, he just told one of the girls to ring us up and we got it for 70% off.

1st week - 30% off
2nd week - 50% off
3rd week - 70% off

I have seen many items stay at 30% off for weeks before moving to higher discount if they still don't sell. That also depends on the particular stores.

I just bought the kindle fire refurb from Amazon gold box deals this morning, i guess I will find out tomorrow how low it gets listed at target tomorrow.

Target does not pm their own clearance pricing

FYI, this was posted in Deal Discussion earlier today (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1188970/) but without the details on % tiers

The fact that it bothered you so much that posted about it says alot about you...

Target typically lowers clearance prices every other week, and not every week.

I notice my target starts at 15%. I don't think kindle fire will make to 70% off

Toddler said:   TheChosenOne said:   codemaster said:   So, if we wanna buy kindle with offer having 70% OFF, then does it mean I have to buy in week-3 from now?
1st week - 30% off
2nd week - 50% off
3rd week - 70% off

I did this once with a friend, but not everyone can pull it off. Basically I tried to get a PM at Target on a clearance hard drive after it was 70% off. I knew they would say no, so I brought a friend with me. When they refused, I asked for a manager and told him I would return it if they wouldn't reduce the price. As he was processing my return, I asked him what would happen to the item and he said they would put it back into inventory and sell it to someone else. At that point my friend said "I'll buy it" and the manager said "I can't sell it to you for an hour, that's our policy." I have no idea what policy that would be, but we just stood around in customer service waiting for the clock to expire. I actually did my best to look like I was in line, and when other customers would ask if I was in line, I would loudly state "No, we are just waiting to buy that hard drive, and the manager said it would take him an hour to ring us up." After about 20 minutes of that, he just told one of the girls to ring us up and we got it for 70% off.

I recall a funny looking guy with a green pointy hat doing this when I stood in line at Target sometime back...and boy, it was just annoying!

I almost pulled the trigger on the GoldBox deal today but this deal might be the one for me. Btw is it an instore only deal?

Are you sure the first mark down will be at 30 and not 15%? The Target clearance I've seen lately starts at 15% then goes to 30%. And things are so slow to be marked down. I've seen 15% mark downs stay that price for a month. Good luck to those looking for a deal. I got the refurbished one today using the Kindle gift cards we got at Target that came with a $10 Target gift card. Our sales tax is 8.25 so I also saved on that. If I find a cheaper Kindle, I'll buy it as a gift.

Good luck finding those kindles making it to 50%...this is not a standard clearance and everyone one and their brother that works at target will likely know about this deal.

Toddler said:   TheChosenOne said:   codemaster said:   So, if we wanna buy kindle with offer having 70% OFF, then does it mean I have to buy in week-3 from now?
1st week - 30% off
2nd week - 50% off
3rd week - 70% off

I, along with my wife, have done similar thing many a times. I would return an item which I purchased with lower markdown and the next customer, my wife , who is returning another thing would ask if she could buy that. Almost every time this has worked, they let her buy that, at a higher markdowns.

redearth said:   I just bought the kindle fire refurb from Amazon gold box deals this morning, i guess I will find out tomorrow how low it gets listed at target tomorrow.

$199- 30% = $139

It depends on store but I have seen that high value items and grocery goes to 15% level first then 30% then 50%. Other items start at 30% and then 50% and 70%. Only seasonal items(Christmas, Easter etc)goes upto 90%. High value items rarely goes to 70%(At least at three stores near me) Last month I was watching price trend of clearance Casio music keyboards . One with original price of 129.99 went to 70% off but other with original price of 199.99 stayed at 50%.amti said:   Are you sure the first mark down will be at 30 and not 15%? The Target clearance I've seen lately starts at 15% then goes to 30%. And things are so slow to be marked down. I've seen 15% mark downs stay that price for a month. Good luck to those looking for a deal. I got the refurbished one today using the Kindle gift cards we got at Target that came with a $10 Target gift card. Our sales tax is 8.25 so I also saved on that. If I find a cheaper Kindle, I'll buy it as a gift.

Just got fire couple days ago with $25 off @stap1es. Seems it will be back to store.

MISTERCHEAP said:   fchild said:   Is this deal so exciting that it deserves all-caps subject?

YES

yes and YES!

I don't know where they draw the line, if there is one, but I usually on see the 15% on higher priced items; doesn't matter what department etc.

When I used to shop all retailers clearance every day (9 years ago) all Targets in my area (100 miles or so) marked down like departments on the same day. Now it differs from store to store for markdown days and also percentages.

My local target does not have it marked down. Can you some confirm which target has it marked down.

timnghiem said:   My local target does not have it marked down. Can you some confirm which target has it marked down.HOw about just reading the first @#@# sentence where it says 'starting tomorrow'!!!

Danzilla said:   timnghiem said:   My local target does not have it marked down. Can you some confirm which target has it marked down.HOw about just reading the first @#@# sentence where it says 'starting tomorrow'!!!

Hahahaa. Sorry about that. Got excited there for a minute.

are the mark-downs automatic --- or do they have to physically see the device on the right spot on the shelf to mark it down?

Toddler said:   Hoogineer said:   Hope I didn't pull the trigger too soon when I bought the KwSO yesterday at WMT for $49 after GC.
Still a better deal, I think, unless you're both really patient and really lucky. It's not like these are going away, it's just that Apple cut a deal with Target to feature Apple kiosks, and you know how Apple works--the competition must be expunged.

I think WalMart is doing the same, putting in big Apple kiosks and making other brands hard to find.

germanpope said:   are the mark-downs automatic --- or do they have to physically see the device on the right spot on the shelf to mark it down?

With normal clearance, they have to physically scan the item and print a clearance sticker for the markdown to take effect. I don't know if this will be any different.

Skipping 116 Messages...
Yesterday morning (May 17), my local SuperTarget (DuPage County, Illinois) assured me that the Kindles are not on sale. They are discontinued, but still at full price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014