• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?c...

Blu Ray player

Savings reflected in cart

3D wifi dlna and lots of apps -- these will go fast

Sony
See Sony discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

sony
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
any reviews on how the streaming really is? especially on hd videos, youtube hd etc. Bunch of ppl complaining on Amazon.... (more)

Aapun (May. 10, 2012 @ 11:49a) |

I stream via wired ethernet with a 3.0 Mbps DSL connection and for me this works great. I use Amazon prime, Hulu, Netfli... (more)

poppagene (May. 10, 2012 @ 1:24p) |

BTW somebody posted that new registration of Sony devices like this blu-ray player are eligible for 3 months of Hulu Plu... (more)

poppagene (May. 10, 2012 @ 5:06p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dont forget to put in your zipcode to see what tax will be. Mine was $4.20

90-day warranty, still a good deal

Great price, for a mothers day gift. Give Mom the gift of high definition movies.

I bought one Sunday when I saw it on SD. I really like that it will play .wtv files over dnla. It is nice to have access in another room.

Own one from a while back, and in for two on this deal. With my gigabit ethernet in my house, these are just awesome video streaming devices. Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and my Windows media library. Time to find some deals on some speakers and LCDs.

Paid $100 for one on black friday. It was perfect for the bedroom using DNLA server, Netflix, Amazon on demand, Pandora and even the occasional disc. In for one for the living room. Thanks OP.

Can I connect my hard drive with the usb port on this player and have my video files played on it?

Thanks OP!

It supports disk drives through the usb. I just tested a 500gb WD with my kids movies ripped to it.

Great deal, Came close to buying 2 but figured I would wait for later when new features are out

Price now $139

mike96sc2 said:   Price now $139
$80 off once you checkout

arribasn said:   mike96sc2 said:   Price now $139
$80 off once you checkout
And that's why the OP says "Savings reflected in cart."

In for 1 at $60 + tax. Green thanks OP.

Thanks O.P. The discounted Price get reflected after you put the player in the cart

in for one. green for OP!

Can anyone comment on the Amazon app for it? I've got a Roku which works, but the app isn't the best thing in the world. It also doesn't do DLNA..

Also, anybody know which codecs/containers it can read?

Look at the Amazon reviews before you buy this.

We have two of these , I have used one for over a year so far, and zero issues at all. The second one is 3 months old and zero issues as well.

Most of the bad reviews on Amazon, are that people are just too lame to read and follow simple directions.

Got one, thanks and green for OP.

Thanks OP. Killer price on a blu ray player that has a host of streaming apps, wifi, & most importantly for me can play .mkv, .avi, .mpg, & .mpg files. Those are the the popular file types I download these days. Thank you thank you

does any1 know if this supports PAL? thanks

tmc said:   does any1 know if this supports PAL? thanks

I don't have any personal experience, but according to the manual:

Discs that cannot be played
A disc recorded in a color system other than NTSC, such as PAL (this player conforms to the NTSC color system).

So it seems like PAL is out.

tmc said:   does any1 know if this supports PAL? thanks

Region Hack might work

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-bdp-s580/11458

Thanks OP.
Green.

OOS now.
Thanks OP.

Region hack doesnt work, since it is "us version" of the player, hence no PAL support, no region hack.

any reviews on how the streaming really is? especially on hd videos, youtube hd etc. Bunch of ppl complaining on Amazon.

Aapun said:   any reviews on how the streaming really is? especially on hd videos, youtube hd etc. Bunch of ppl complaining on Amazon.

I stream via wired ethernet with a 3.0 Mbps DSL connection and for me this works great. I use Amazon prime, Hulu, Netflix and whatever my Playon DLNA server serves up. I have used this for HD versions of Amazon Prime instant videos. I can't speak to streaming by way of the wifi as I don't use that connection.

BTW somebody posted that new registration of Sony devices like this blu-ray player are eligible for 3 months of Hulu Plus free. See the info in this post: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1191375/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014