• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
NICE DEAL AT safeway CHAINS (check you local circular for details)

Buy $50 in Participating Gift Cards (pictured in my ad are: Express, Marriott, Jiffy Lube, Sephora, Michaels Crafts, Lane Bryant, Old Navy/Gap/Ban Rep, Cheesecake Factory) After you pay, a $10 credit will be loaded onto your safeway Club Card that is good for 7 days. You can likely use it on the same visit. THERE IS NO LIMIT, except it's one $10 credit PER TRANSACTION and you should hold onto all your receipts that verify your GC purchases and $10 store credit UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE REDEEMED IT.

Valid at Genuardis/safeway/Dominicks/Vons/Randalls, etc.

ends 5/13

Safeway
See Safeway coupons that earn $7.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

hi! (1.61MB)
Thanks user0001
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You may be mistaken. safeway does not add on any fees for any cards. There is a charge for Visa/MC/AMEX (typically $4-... (more)

labboypro (May. 13, 2012 @ 4:17p) |

It was completely clear at my safeway. The eligible gift cards were listed on the signage. Bought two for Old Navy, went... (more)

akiri423 (May. 13, 2012 @ 7:23p) |

does anyone know if the credit comes off after coupons or before coupons?

charityname (May. 14, 2012 @ 6:34a) |

Staff Summary
  • Safeway Coupons:
    EASY7
    Free Delivery on 1st Order
  • Also categorized in:

I think it's a $10 fit $70 coupon. Not interested

truelies said:   I think it's a $10 fit $70 coupon. Not interested

you think? from where are you getting this info.

ad says "GET $10 LOADED ON YOUR CARD INSTANTLY wy buy $50 in participating gift cards"

I THINK you are threadcrapping, I'm not interested in your posts.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
After you pay, a $10 credit will be loaded onto your safeway Club Card that is good for 7 days. You can likely use it on the same visit. THERE IS NO LIMIT, except it's one $10 credit PER TRANSACTION and you should hold onto all your receipts that verify your GC purchases and $10 store credit UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE REDEEMED IT.

ends 5/13

The club cards can hold money now?!? When did that happen ...

b534202 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   
After you pay, a $10 credit will be loaded onto your safeway Club Card that is good for 7 days. You can likely use it on the same visit. THERE IS NO LIMIT, except it's one $10 credit PER TRANSACTION and you should hold onto all your receipts that verify your GC purchases and $10 store credit UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE REDEEMED IT.

ends 5/13

The club cards can hold money now?!? When did that happen ...

that's the case at lots of stores. it's not money per se, it will just come off as a $10 coupon linked to your card.

does any1 know if they sell "shell's" gcs there?

last time I looked there were no gas cards.

isjka said:   last time I looked there were no gas cards.

yes, they have them on the east coast at genuardis. BP, Shell and Exxon I believe.

The $10 off is only for the food portion of your next purchase (I could tell because I bought more gift cards as well <$10 of groceries). Use your eligible Chase card for extra 5% Cash Back.

I bought my mom a $50 BP ARCO gift card few days ago at my Vons. Think I saw other gas cards like SHELL too. I'm in Southern California.

The sign says "choose from those 8 gift cards".

OK, I'd rather get $50 in cheesecake than $50 in gas, anyway..

c3 said:   The sign says "choose from those 8 gift cards".

c3 said:   The sign says "choose from those 8 gift cards".

thnx c3, these print ads can be confusing. we have seen in the past that it can include more than what's just pictured if the fine print doesn't specifically list the stores. Kind of an odd assortment, Jiffy Lube? hardly a "romantic" mothers day gift.

Combine with 5% discover Cash Back @ grocery stores.

GreenQueen said:   Combine with 5% discover Cash Back @ grocery stores.

Does Discover allow the 5% for buying gift cards? I was thinking of trying the same thing.

nicemann said:   GreenQueen said:   Combine with 5% discover Cash Back @ grocery stores.

Does Discover allow the 5% for buying gift cards? I was thinking of trying the same thing.

yes, the charge comes thru from safeway, so it's tagged as a grocery purchase. limit is $300 in spend to earn the 5% on.

MISTERCHEAP said:   nicemann said:   GreenQueen said:   Combine with 5% discover Cash Back @ grocery stores.

yes, the charge comes thru from safeway, so it's tagged as a grocery purchase. limit is $300 in spend to earn the 5% on.

As always MISTERCHEAP, appreciate your deal. Guess I will run up to safeway today and do a couple of transactions. Hopefully I don't get a stuck up cashier that will not allow me to do back to back transactions.

Also use a "$2 off your next safeway purchase if you use Discover" coupon if you have received one. The registers were printing these in April if you used another form of payment, I saved mine for May

No luck with gas cards @ safeway this morning.

Just stopped by Seattle areasafeway and sign in store says with purchase of any of 8 participating cards ( listed above)... Wanted to get Kohls... Anyone try it on non listed giftcards?

xmasangel said:   Just stopped by Seattle areasafeway and sign in store says with purchase of any of 8 participating cards ( listed above)... Wanted to get Kohls... Anyone try it on non listed giftcards?

Thanks for saving me a trip. If it's only for those eight cards it's not worth it for me. I don't shop at any of those places.

nicemann said:   xmasangel said:   Just stopped by Seattle areasafeway and sign in store says with purchase of any of 8 participating cards ( listed above)... Wanted to get Kohls... Anyone try it on non listed giftcards?

Thanks for saving me a trip. If it's only for those eight cards it's not worth it for me. I don't shop at any of those places.
same here. i don't care for any of those gcs.

Can I use the credit to buy more gift cards?

i just called my local tom thumb in arlington, tx. the cs told me shell is one of the participating cards so i'm heading out there right now. i'll report back in a few.

don't bother unless you want any of those 8 participating cards. didn't work so it's a no deal for me.

kickerstarter said:   Can I use the credit to buy more gift cards?

The answer is no. It is not deducting the $10 credit when buying gift cards.

Sign in QS

kickerstarter said:   kickerstarter said:   Can I use the credit to buy more gift cards?

The answer is no. It is not deducting the $10 credit when buying gift cards.

Ouch... that really kills the deal then.

Thank you for the update.

In fact, the $10 credit does not work unless you spend $10 or more on groceries. I read the fine print carefully. It never mentioned this nor not applicable to gift card purchases.

They should be clear on which one is participating or not.

I got $50 Amazon gift card, and then I had to talk to a manager to get $10 back.

It's shady of them to not mention, and then there's no physical coupon to check even when it goes through.

completing said:   They should be clear on which one is participating or not.

I got $50 Amazon gift card, and then I had to talk to a manager to get $10 back.

It's shady of them to not mention, and then there's no physical coupon to check even when it goes through.

not sure what the problem is. the list is in the OP and someone also posted a photo of the offer at their store. it's clear Amazon is not included.

MISTERCHEAP said:   completing said:   They should be clear on which one is participating or not.

not sure what the problem is. the list is in the OP and someone also posted a photo of the offer at their store. it's clear Amazon is not included.

I'm talking about my safeway.

It's not clear even, if you read the fine print, what is included or not.

My safeway ad only had 3 cards on the ad, and I looked everywhere in9 store to find out if there were other participating CARDS.

But, no. Even managers have no idea how it works

Does safeway still charge their own fee on top of the gift cards? Last time I bought gift cards at safeway there was an additional $2-5 on top of the face value.

Thread is marked Expired? Did someone cross the International Date Line ahead of the rest of us?

pedror said:   Does safeway still charge their own fee on top of the gift cards? Last time I bought gift cards at safeway there was an additional $2-5 on top of the face value.

You may be mistaken. safeway does not add on any fees for any cards. There is a charge for Visa/MC/AMEX (typically $4-6), but that is imposed by the card issuer, not safeway.

It was completely clear at my safeway. The eligible gift cards were listed on the signage. Bought two for Old Navy, went back today and got ten bucks off grocery bill. Yay!

does anyone know if the credit comes off after coupons or before coupons?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014