• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Hard Disk Sentinel SSD and HDD monitoring
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This program is FANTASTIC! This the Best Hard Drive monitoring software I ever used.

It told me WELL in advance of an impending hard drive failure by warning my HD contained too many failed HD sectors which happens over time, especially with EACH blue screen Windows crash. Windows NTFS file system automatically reallocates bad sectors to "reserve" sectors that all HD contain but most people are not aware of this. Then one day your HD runs out of reserve sectors to reallocate (there is after only all a finite number of them...) and BLAM your hard disk refuses to read certain programs, starts acting erratically or worst of all refuses to BOOT

This program allowed me sufficient warning to be able to successfully clone a new hard drive before TOTAL failure and Western Digital also accepted this program's test as proof the HD was defective and replaced the drive under warranty with no problems.

Hard Disk Sentinel saved me a LOT of grief since I potentially could have lost years of data files that were not backed up including my whole music, video and photo libraries

Just downloaded and am waiting for the reg code to come. Thx.

Got one. Thanks!

panaguy said:   This program is FANTASTIC! This the Best Hard Drive monitoring software I ever used.

It told me WELL in advance of an impending hard drive failure by warning my HD contained too many failed HD sectors which happens over time, especially with EACH blue screen Windows crash. Windows NTFS file system automatically reallocates bad sectors to "reserve" sectors that all HD contain but most people are not aware of this. Then one day your HD runs out of reserve sectors to reallocate (there is after only all a finite number of them...) and BLAM your hard disk refuses to read certain programs, starts acting erratically or worst of all refuses to BOOT

This program allowed me sufficient warning to be able to successfully clone a new hard drive before TOTAL failure and Western Digital also accepted this program's test as proof the HD was defective and replaced the drive under warranty with no problems.

Hard Disk Sentinel saved me a LOT of grief since I potentially could have lost years of data files that were not backed up including my whole music, video and photo libraries

YMMV. It warned me but unfortunately not in time. I got a warning and then drive crashed before I could do anything.

thank you, OP. This is a nice find - although, since the install is restricted to only 1 PC, I'm torn about which of the 3 computers in our home I should install it on .

Easy if you have a google mail account. Just sign up for 2 more with username+one@gmail.com and username+two@gmail.com. That way you have 3 liscenses.

Wouldn't an open source S.M.A.R.T. viewer do the same?

kameleon said:   Easy if you have a google mail account. Just sign up for 2 more with username+one@gmail.com and username+two@gmail.com. That way you have 3 liscenses.

Good thought, thanks. Could also do username@gmail.com and user.name@gmail.com and use periods ad nauseum

Thanks OP!

Thanks OP...just saved one of my laptops from catastrophe...backing up as I type.

do you have to activate it before midnight

in the email it states

Use this registration code to unlock the software after installation. You can
instal/register the software at any time.

Can this be used on multiple computers or must I request a new code for each computer?
I have a total of four computers and I was not going to install it on each tonight, thanks.

Tozmo said:   kameleon said:   Easy if you have a google mail account. Just sign up for 2 more with username+one@gmail.com and username+two@gmail.com. That way you have 3 liscenses.

Good thought, thanks. Could also do username@gmail.com and user.name@gmail.com and use periods ad nauseum

just use 10minutemail.com

my email came within a minute but if you need more time just click the link for more time and it will reset to 10 minutes

Excellent OP, bump

kameleon said:   Easy if you have a google mail account. Just sign up for 2 more with username+one@gmail.com and username+two@gmail.com. That way you have 3 liscenses.
Thanks a bunch.I have used gmail for years and did not know this trick. Just googled more info on this and in short gmail address ignore any "." in your name and ignores everything after "+". So possibilities are limitless. Learned something today. Thanks again

katnrica said:    since the install is restricted to only 1 PC,.
gyzo33 said:   Can this be used on multiple computers or must I request a new code for each computer?
worked OK on the 2 computers I installed it on.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014