• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Publix is running their $50 gas card for $40 again. You do have to make a $50 grocery purchase. Twenty percent off is not a big deal for shoes or electronics, but for gas it seems good. At my publix they are fine with you doing this multiple times as long as you spend $50 in groceries for each card. Sale ends on either June the 19th or 20th depending on where you live.

Member Summary

publix
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just saw that in the local flyer. First time it has been a $50 minimum purchase here though. For the past 2+ years it was always $25. I might end up getting a couple, but won't be stocking up this time for sure.

I had a feeling the increased minimum would be coming.

This is the worst of all the grocer-store deals going on.

The Publix promotion is getting worse by the day.

First, they allow you to buy as many cards as you want ... no other purchase necessary.

Second, they require a $25 purchase.

Third, some of the local gas stations (Hess) pull out of the promotion.

Fourth, they require a $50 purchase.

Around here the "no purchase necessary" was short-lived. The first two rounds in the summer of 2009, and maybe a 3rd later that year. It has been $25 for 2 1/2 years when they do them. I can deal with the $25 if they have a decent sale that week on stuff I use. I just stock up. $50? This may be a flop with falling fuel prices.

for $50 grocery at publix, I am driving to Costco to get my gas and grocery. Red for Publix!

MyLinkables (FWF Thread) is also offering $5 of $50 right now.

The $10 off gas card promotion at Publix is back again until July 25

The local store started putting individual coupons near the register so people don't miss them. One thought is that it was a waste of paper to have people cut a coupon out of a flyer and immediately throw the remaining part in the trash. That's possible. I think a more likely conclusion is that the $50 purchase thing ain't working like the $25 minimum did.

I think Publix is the worst grocery story in the US, plus noticed how expensive it is...totally red.

Publix *is* an expensive place but my wife works wonders with Publix and mfr coupons and their bogo free items. $100 of groceries ends up being quite a bit for us. Plus free $20 in gas on top of that? Works for me.

ifarah said:   I think Publix is the worst grocery story in the US, plus noticed how expensive it is...totally red.

I think, therefore I am.

FYI, this is back again -- check this week's circular.

I buy my produce, meats, and B1G1F deals at Publix. The produce usually last twice as long as other supermarkets before it goes bad. Sometimes they do have some good deals if you catch A sale. Their stores are very clean also.

Personally, I like shopping at Publix and B1G1 offers and coupons can make the cost equal or less than competitors. Did you also know you can return a product from a
different store to Publix and get it exchanged. I found that out accidentally. Plus I can save on gas..Woo Hoo!

WHEN WILL PUBLIX HAVE NEXT GAS CARD PROMOTION?

or anyone besides Publix?

How to get gas cards at discount: there have always been so many ways

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014