• 1 2 34510
  • Page
  • Text Only
you also need to make sure that you have clean power when using a plasma --- I suggest a highly rated digital power supply with gold contacts

any noise in the line could resonate in the plasma --- this is not good

Take it home any way you can, van or truck.

polishdreamer said:   Take it home any way you can, van or truck.

I fit a 60" Samsung Plasma in the back of my 1997 2 door Pontiac Grand Am. I just had to remove the stand for transit.

Logician1313 said:   polishdreamer said:   Take it home any way you can, van or truck.

I fit a 60" Samsung Plasma in the back of my 1997 2 door Pontiac Grand Am. I just had to remove the stand for transit.

Boy, it had to be really hard trying to squeeze that 60" thru a 2 dr car.

germanpope said:   you also need to make sure that you have clean power when using a plasma --- I suggest a highly rated digital power supply with gold contacts

I seriously have to ask... are you on a binge? Your posts in this thread make it sound like you're drunk.

EbayExpert said:   germanpope said:   you also need to make sure that you have clean power when using a plasma --- I suggest a highly rated digital power supply with gold contacts

I seriously have to ask... are you on a binge? Your posts in this thread make it sound like you're drunk.

So quick to attack the person rather than the post.

I am running digital capacitors on my rig.

To each their own.

EbayExpert said:   germanpope said:   you also need to make sure that you have clean power when using a plasma --- I suggest a highly rated digital power supply with gold contacts

Just give red to trolls (see his other posts throughout this thread) so others know to disregard, and ignore them otherwise. Hopefully they'll go away if you don't give them the attention they crave.

dafish said:   Ive had a Panasonic plasma for about 3 years now. Beautiful picture and the blacks are amazing. One of the benefits of a plasma I love is no matter what angle you view it at, you get the same beautiful picture. When this one wears out, I'll be getting another Panasonic plasma.

I second that. I owned 2 Panny TVs; will get this one for my parents tomorrow.

The bridges are highly than they look, stay onboard.

pdxor said:   Boy, it had to be really hard trying to squeeze that 60" thru a 2 dr car.

Oh boy was it. I had put it in through the passenger door and maneuver it back into the trunk with the seats down. The salesperson from Fry's shook my hand and made me wait so he could go show another employee who had doubted me. He said a 55" was the largest he had ever seen in a coupe.

I don't really know how to charge TV.

icloud said:   I don't really know how to charge TV.
Keep the panties dry, bring it home.

germanpope said:   EbayExpert said:   germanpope said:   you also need to make sure that you have clean power when using a plasma --- I suggest a highly rated digital power supply with gold contacts

To each their own.

That's amateur hour. I plug my Plasma TV right into my flux capacitor.

flyingroach said:   Remember you should transport this home standing up and can't lay flat. You need a mini van or pickup. May be tight in some suv unless you trim the box. Bring a blade.

Really great TV

What happens if I have it delivered? They are probably going to be transported flat -- depending on space availability. NO one is going to make sure that it is transported upright.

TIA

Yes better safe than sorry. So I wanted to have now FW'rs risk a cracked. Heck even window glass companies don't transport glass flat. I got my plasma home at only q slight angle but the roads in nyc suck so bad I still tried to avoid big bumps. The parking lot was full of idiots trying to fit tv into civics.

I would have also looked more foolish...but i had a utility knife and planned to remove most of the box. It was a tight fit but 50_60 inch plasma is great bang for the buck and 42 too small for living room. Ignore the GF 42 will look too small in a few weeks. The "too big and ugly" 50 will prove to be just barely large enough even in my smallish BK loft.

TheGMan said:   I have a C50FD18 from Costco. 3 years old and am needing to replace it - power on/off doesn't work (yet again). We have to physically take the power cord out of the back to reboot each time we want to watch TV.
Not sure about this thread's model but the repair guy said there are known power issues with Panny. Got mine repaired year 1 under manu warranty. Then again year 2 under AMEX extended warranty, and now am just screwed.
Other than that, the picture & sound have been good.

You should plug it into a power strip with an on/off switch. Not as good as using the remote, but certainly better than removing the plug from the outlet each time you want the tv on.

Agirlsgottashop said:   TheGMan said:   I have a C50FD18 from Costco. 3 years old and am needing to replace it - power on/off doesn't work (yet again). We have to physically take the power cord out of the back to reboot each time we want to watch TV.
Not sure about this thread's model but the repair guy said there are known power issues with Panny. Got mine repaired year 1 under manu warranty. Then again year 2 under AMEX extended warranty, and now am just screwed.
Other than that, the picture & sound have been good.

You should plug it into a power strip with an on/off switch. Not as good as using the remote, but certainly better than removing the plug from the outlet each time you want the tv on.

Buy a new TV & spend your life doing something else.

NxN2005 said:   germanpope said:   EbayExpert said:   germanpope said:   you also need to make sure that you have clean power when using a plasma --- I suggest a highly rated digital power supply with gold contacts

To each their own.

That's amateur hour. I plug my Plasma TV right into my flux capacitor.
1.21 jiggawatts????

Not available at Arlington VA (Pentagon City) Costco.

I wish there was a way to quickly check in-store inventory (calling is a nightmare IMO and the website is useless since costco.com appears to be run as a separate business from the B&M stores) Is there a way that I'm not aware of?

mohan123 said:   Not available at Arlington VA (Pentagon City) Costco.

I wish there was a way to quickly check in-store inventory (calling is a nightmare IMO and the website is useless since costco.com appears to be run as a separate business from the B&M stores) Is there a way that I'm not aware of?

Calling is easy. Just give them the item #(950054). The store you call will tell you availability at all stores near you.

Grabbed 1 today. I had to go to a different store to get it.

I ended up grabbing this one and will be returning the LG LM6700 LED to Fry's. I just finished setting up the new one and I'm happy with this decision. Thanks OP!

Anyone have suggestions on settings? I like the default movie/cinema mode for movies, but I'm still trying to have a separate one for video games and haven't quite gotten it right yet.

Yuyak said:   I ended up grabbing this one and will be returning the LG LM6700 LED to Fry's. I just finished setting up the new one and I'm happy with this decision. Thanks OP!

Anyone have suggestions on settings? I like the default movie/cinema mode for movies, but I'm still trying to have a separate one for video games and haven't quite gotten it right yet.

Anytime buddy, you deserve it.

Grabbed one as well. First time I've bought a TV since 2003. My previous plasma is still working fine, but 42" and 480p just wasn't cutting it anymore.

kevpriest said:   Grabbed one as well. First time I've bought a TV since 2003. My previous plasma is still working fine, but 42" and 480p just wasn't cutting it anymore.
Save your 2003 plasma. You never know how much it's worth in 2023. It's just like antique cars.

kevpriest said:   Grabbed one as well. First time I've bought a TV since 2003. My previous plasma is still working fine, but 42" and 480p just wasn't cutting it anymore.

You'll love this TV, it's super nice.

pdxor said:   kevpriest said:   Grabbed one as well. First time I've bought a TV since 2003. My previous plasma is still working fine, but 42" and 480p just wasn't cutting it anymore.
Save your 2003 plasma. You never know how much it's worth in 2023. It's just like antique cars.
i have a dead 2006 vizio plasma, where can i send it to you?

SteelRing said:   pdxor said:   kevpriest said:   Grabbed one as well. First time I've bought a TV since 2003. My previous plasma is still working fine, but 42" and 480p just wasn't cutting it anymore.
i have a dead 2006 vizio plasma, where can i send it to you?

What's the meaning of this?

You can still actually get this at Sams, it's there.

which costco ?

union122 said:   which costco ?

I meant Sams, it didn't change when I modified it.

What a great TV this is. I picked it up at Lilburn GA Costco yesterday. The picture is nice. The sound is awesome. I have a Panny 42inch plasma that's 8 years old and still works. So i am sure this one will last me for a while.

azboy2die4 said:   What a great TV this is. I picked it up at Lilburn GA Costco yesterday. The picture is nice. The sound is awesome. I have a Panny 42inch plasma that's 8 years old and still works. So i am sure this one will last me for a while.

The sound is 2 X 20W, that gets missed quite a bit compared to the 2 X 10W average for TV's.

Anyone else pick one up?

I will just confirm that I absolutely love this TV. Maybe it's just that I'm taking several significant steps up from the old, but the picture to me seems absolutely amazing, especially at this price. I'm driving mine from a PC, and I've been having a world of fun with it so far.

polishdreamer said:   azboy2die4 said:   What a great TV this is. I picked it up at Lilburn GA Costco yesterday. The picture is nice. The sound is awesome. I have a Panny 42inch plasma that's 8 years old and still works. So i am sure this one will last me for a while.

The sound is 2 X 20W, that gets missed quite a bit compared to the 2 X 10W average for TV's.

awesome, good to know. thanks. I usually crank up the volume almost all the way on my other TV. With this TV, all i need is 1/3 and the sound is more than adequate.

azboy2die4 said:   polishdreamer said:   azboy2die4 said:   What a great TV this is. I picked it up at Lilburn GA Costco yesterday. The picture is nice. The sound is awesome. I have a Panny 42inch plasma that's 8 years old and still works. So i am sure this one will last me for a while.

awesome, good to know. thanks. I usually crank up the volume almost all the way on my other TV. With this TV, all i need is 1/3 and the sound is more than adequate.

kevpriest said:   I will just confirm that I absolutely love this TV. Maybe it's just that I'm taking several significant steps up from the old, but the picture to me seems absolutely amazing, especially at this price. I'm driving mine from a PC, and I've been having a world of fun with it so far.

Good to hear, on both accounts

No where in the description I see about internet connectivity and apps.

Those who bought one, can you please let us know about wifi connectivity?
I need one with that and I don't want to pay more to cable company for having a 2nd TV.

vks22 said:   No where in the description I see about internet connectivity and apps.

I need one with that and I don't want to pay more to cable company for having a 2nd TV.
No internet connectivity on these. Do you have a bluray player/xbox/PS3/google TV/apple TV or something else like that? These days there are so many ways to get internet connectivity/apps on your TV.

vks22 said:   No where in the description I see about internet connectivity and apps.

Buy Apple TV for $100 & you'll be ready for the long haul.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014