• Text Only
Went to Costco yesterday, price is still $649.

polishdreamer said:   Went to Costco yesterday, price is still $649.

it is also still a plasma

polishdreamer said:   Went to Costco yesterday, price is still $649.

Now I know how you have posted 8000+ times

germanpope said:   polishdreamer said:   Went to Costco yesterday, price is still $649.

it is also still a plasma

Lol, classic.

Just went there today, deal is still on.

polishdreamer said:   Just went there today, deal is still on. I think this is a decent deal, but can you please only post something new if something CHANGES? This is completely unproductive.

Don't know why but the mods have been deleting posts criticizing polish for unnecessary bumps.

Anyway, just imagine if everyone kept bumping their own threads. You'd never see any of the new threads since they would get buried too quick.

Deal is still on, I was just there yesterday.

Picked up one of these just today at $649.00 . Early viewing has been quite pleasing - the Steelers/Colts game looked good in SD and outstanding in HD.

This went down to $599.99 at my local Costco. Online is still $649.99.

why my store is still 649.99, was there yesterday.

It was 599.99 at my store today.

Confirmed! Same price for me today at Redwood City, CA Costco. Same rebate amount ($100) but base price dropped by $50.

At first the customer service guy told me that they only offer 30 day price adjustments so he wouldn't do it for me, but then I pointed out that I could just bring back the TV, return an open box used TV for full price (90 day return policy) and then buy a new one and that that seemed silly and a waste of everyone's time. They finally called a manager over and she did it without batting an eye. Odd.

Yuyak said:   Confirmed! Same price for me today at Redwood City, CA Costco. Same rebate amount ($100) but base price dropped by $50.

At first the customer service guy told me that they only offer 30 day price adjustments so he wouldn't do it for me, but then I pointed out that I could just bring back the TV, return an open box used TV for full price (90 day return policy) and then buy a new one and that that seemed silly and a waste of everyone's time. They finally called a manager over and she did it without batting an eye. Odd.

Thank you for updating me about this by PM, I am going there to get an extra $50. This TV is really fantastic, I highly recommend it !!

Anybody else in on this?

oh good lord, here we go again with the thread squatting...

Other options.

Happened to be at Costco today to return something, decided to look at this set. The picture was fine, but literally right next to it was a 50" 1080p Philips LCD, identically priced ($599) with some instant rebate mentioned on the tag, playing the same synchronized loop of HD video demo material. It was easy to directly compare the images on the two screens, since they were side-by-side. The picture on the Philips LCD looked distinctly sharper and with better contrast/color saturation. And the Philips had a full compliment of streaming apps, PLUS built-in wireless. Sorry, didn't get the model number.

I realize some of the picture quality differences might be due to inadequate configuration of PQ settings on the Panasonic, but if I was buying one of those sets today based on what I saw in the store, I'd be tempted to go with the Philips.

Later today I got an email from BJs Wholesale Club offering free shipping on various LG sets. I saw this 50" plasma for $579. Looks comparable to the Panasonic in the OP. Three HDMI hookups, no streaming apps. Note however that if ordered online, as opposed to purchased in-store, it can't be returned to a local store.

Just sayin'.

ktg said:   Other options.

Happened to be at Costco today to return something, decided to look at this set. The picture was fine, but literally right next to it was a 50" 1080p Philips LCD, identically priced ($599) with some instant rebate mentioned on the tag, playing the same synchronized loop of HD video demo material. It was easy to directly compare the images on the two screens, since they were side-by-side. The picture on the Philips LCD looked distinctly sharper and with better contrast/color saturation. And the Philips had a full compliment of streaming apps, PLUS built-in wireless. Sorry, didn't get the model number.

I realize some of the picture quality differences might be due to inadequate configuration of PQ settings on the Panasonic, but if I was buying one of those sets today based on what I saw in the store, I'd be tempted to go with the Philips.

Later today I got an email from BJs Wholesale Club offering free shipping on various LG sets. I saw this 50" plasma for $579. Looks comparable to the Panasonic in the OP. Three HDMI hookups, no streaming apps. Note however that if ordered online, as opposed to purchased in-store, it can't be returned to a local store.

Just sayin'.
Definitely go with the TV you like, not what others tell you that you should like, but yeah it's good to be aware of the caveat that the picture settings can make a huge difference. If you get to the point of buying one, here's what I'd recommend: 1) figure out the model number of the TVs you're interested, 2) go to online enthusiast forums for each TV, 3) jot down the recommended display settings, 4) go back to costco and grab an employee to see if you can borrow the remote and try it out with those recommended settings.

Personally, my favorite aspect about this TV is the black levels. A lot of the demo videos only show bright colorful scenes, but in movies/tvs there tends to be more dark scenes and those parts look fantastic on this panasonic plasma. Just my two cents.

Went to Costco yesterday.

Didn't go for the TV. Just letting everyone know I was there.

Ditto... just want to let polishdreamer know I was there too and didn't buy the TV. I think because there is this certain salesman trying to push this TV on this forum called FW.

SteelRing said:   Ditto... just want to let polishdreamer know I was there too and didn't buy the TV. I think because there is this certain salesman trying to push this TV on this forum called FW.

Good for you.

Actually I went and bought the P50ST50 for $999 instead and I couldn't be happier.... for once I am so glad I am not buying what polishdreamer is selling.

SteelRing said:   Actually I went and bought the P50ST50 for $999 instead and I couldn't be happier.... for once I am so glad I am not buying what polishdreamer is selling. I hear great things about the ST50. Glad you're happy with it. My understanding is that this U50 is the same panel, just less features (wifi, 2d-3d, probably most importantly the louver filter, and a few other minor ones)

Also, I'm not a fan of people bumping their own threads either, but if it really bothers you, you can use the "ignore" feature of FW to permanently hide this thread.

There is another thread listing a LG 1080P plasma tv for $850 at Costco and Sams. (Free shipping with Sams).

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1206330/

Power Consumption AC (watts): 74.8W

Awesome. Equivalent to LCD.

=http://www.samsclub.com/sams/50-panasonic-plasma-1080p-600hz-hdtv/prod6250123.ip=

Sam's Club has lowered their price from $648 to $598 online (with Free standard shipping for online orders).

josh555 said:   =http://www.samsclub.com/sams/50-panasonic-plasma-1080p-600hz-hdtv/prod6250123.ip=

Sam's Club has lowered their price from $648 to $598 online (with Free standard shipping for online orders).

Confirmed, $598 online from Sams. I will update the front page accordingly. Thx Josh.

SteelRing said:   Ditto... just want to let polishdreamer know I was there too and didn't buy the TV. I think because there is this certain salesman trying to push this TV on this forum called FW.

Heh heh heh...the 81 posts pushing it may lead one to agree with that statement.

Anyone else in for one?

Almost went for it, but after seeing how much more vibrant the LED's were, I went for the Samsung LED with 3D. Though, for the price, this Panasonic plasma may be bought for the bedroom! It is an excellent picture at a give away price.

bargainron said:   Almost went for it, but after seeing how much more vibrant the LED's were, I went for the Samsung LED with 3D. Though, for the price, this Panasonic plasma may be bought for the bedroom! It is an excellent picture at a give away price.

I totally agree, thanks for the reply.

how do we cmpare Mitsubishi 60" 1080p 3D DLP TV for $570 Shipped @ BestBuy
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1216742/
with this TV

drsudhir said:   how do we cmpare Mitsubishi 60" 1080p 3D DLP TV for $570 Shipped @ BestBuy
with this TV

With an apple in one hand and an orange in the other.

drsudhir said:   how do we cmpare Mitsubishi 60" 1080p 3D DLP TV for $570 Shipped @ BestBuy
with this TV

Width.

Even with the $40 membership for Sam's Club, it's still cheaper than the $99 shipping cost at Costco. Btw, anyone knows if it fits in a normal sedan? like accord?

Deal is still on !!

Anyone else?

It's $598 at Sams, so $1 less with free shipping for those who don't want to go to that store.

Deal still on, I was there today.

forget the haters P.D. Keep living your dream!!

deal is still on! Anyone else?!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.