• 16 7 8910
  • Page
  • Text Only
if the deal is still on after 3 months, it's not a hot deal anymore. by definition, hot doesn't last. time to red this thread.

SteelRing said:   if the deal is still on after 3 months, it's not a hot deal anymore. by definition, hot doesn't last. time to red this thread.

I have to disagree. First it can be the best deal by several hundred dollars and last for 12 months and be a hot deal. A hot deal does not have a time reference it has a price reference. If it is a much better price it counts. Second, someone might not have seen it or in this case the price has gone down making it OK to keep current. If you are tired of seeing the post, quit reading it.

Alfb said:   If you are tired of seeing the post, quit reading it. Or better yet, FW added the "not interested" feature a few years ago that will completely hide a thread. But some people just like to whine and "give red" (which I think is just as unproductive as thread bumping) rather than ignore.

I saw this TV in Costco yesterday. Picture looks nice.

Yuyak said:   Alfb said:   If you are tired of seeing the post, quit reading it. Or better yet, FW added the "not interested" feature a few years ago that will completely hide a thread. But some people just like to whine and "give red" (which I think is just as unproductive as thread bumping) rather than ignore.

Better yet you can click on someone's avatar and choose to ignore threads, posts, or both. And slowly make FW more awesome for your own preferences. Feature does not appear to be retroactive or I'd only be able to see about 10 posts in this thread.

jlh2600 said:   forget the haters P.D. Keep living your dream!!

deal is still on! Anyone else?!

These dream go on when I close my eyes....

ibmman69 said:   I saw this TV in Costco yesterday. Picture looks nice.

I think so as well.

Deal still on.

How long the plasmas will last

dragonle2000 said:   How long the plasmas will last Longevity of plasma TV were questionable when they first came out, but I hear there's been drastic improvements over the years. The manufacturers claim that the half lives of new TVs is ~100,000hrs (which is about 6yrs, 24/7 continuous use before it dims by half). Even if those claims are exaggerated by a lot, I think the bottom line is that you don't really need to worry about longevity for the vast majority of people.

I think the plasma tvs of today youll get at least 10 to 15 years or more of good use out of them with the technology improvements . Plus imo the picture on the plasmas are awesome compared to most of the lcds out there.

I'm ~7 years into a pioneer plasma & it still has the best picture.

The gas in the panel may be good for 100,000 hours, but a piece of electronic gear is only as good as its weakest link. I enjoy finding these flat screen tv's in the trash and taking them apart to fix. Most are only a few years old but out of warranty. The panel itself is usually not bad. Power supplies, driver boards and bonding (LCD's) are more than often the culprit. If you bring the TV to a repair shop, they will charge you hundreds of dollars to fix it. Most people just decide to trash the sets and get a new one.

Word to the wise. If you can get a 3 or 4 year extended warranty for $40, consider getting it.

50" Panasonic 1080P plasma TV - NOW $599 at Costco
Is this deal still on?

$588 on sams site now too still with free shipping

Anyone care to share their calibration numbers?

"Update 2" in title makes it sound like you get 2 TVs for $599!

icecube said:   "Update 2" in title makes it sound like you get 2 TVs for $599!

Really? Wow.

peakfreak said:   Anyone care to share their calibration numbers?

I've looked at the following forums for advice:

The Official Panasonic U50/54 Owners' Thread @ AVS Forums

The Official Panasonic UT50 Settings/Issues Thread @ AVS Forums

This tv is beautiful by the way. There's advice in the above forums dealing with breaking in the tv as well.

peakfreak said:   Anyone care to share their calibration numbers? I shared my numbers on page 3, but here they are again:
Yuyak said:   Oh, and if anyone is interested, here are the color settings I'm using (based on what I found on AVS forums):

Contrast - 78
Brightness - 56
Color - 48
Tint - 0
Sharpness - 0
Color Temp - Warm 1 (guy on AVS forum suggested Warm2, but I like warm 1 better)
Color Mgmt - Off
C.A.T.S. - Off
Video NR - Off

HDMI Settings

RGB Range - Auto
Content type - Graphics (probably the most important setting to change, colors too saturated left OFF/Auto)

Advanced

Block NR - Off
Mosquito NR - Off
Motion Smoother - Off (Weak showed little to no artifacts)
Black Level - Light
3:2 Pulldown - Auto

This Panasonic is great for that money!!

I picked one up with the intention of taking it back before the 90 days was up in hopes that the real TV I wanted (The Panasonic Viera 65VT50) would go down in price, but after using this TV and seeing how beautiful it is, I'm just going to be patient and keep it and upgrade to the 65 at a way later time and just have 2 awesome TVs in the house.

Thanks for the heads up OP! Great TV with no problems so far. Plus, the 2 year warranty that comes with it and the option to buy another 3 years on top of that for 59.99 through Costco/Squaretrade is just amazing. Even better is if you have the Costco Executive, you get an extra 2% off, which will pay for some of my next year membership.

Some people are trying to quantify doubling the proce of this for a 55" version with a little different model, goodluck with that.

550 at Sam now.

Wonder how does this compare to the $800 60inch LG deal

Confirmed $549.77, WOW. That's really good & so is this TV.

Is anyone else hopping on this?

I called Costco yesterday & they will not match this price, just for the record.

You can also get a price adjustment from Sams within 30 days of purchase.

I can't decide if I want this or the Vizio 60". Thanks for posting OP.

swsander said:   I can't decide if I want this or the Vizio 60". Thanks for posting OP.

I have the Vizio 55", so far so good with that. It's a toss up & you're welcome.

I'm planning on buying the 50" Panny, but it shows up as "out of stock" on SamsClub.com. Does anyone know if these are available in-store, or only to members, or what? I don't want to go through the hassle of signing up for a membership only to see that I can't actually get this TV.

Auream said:   I'm planning on buying the 50" Panny, but it shows up as "out of stock" on SamsClub.com. Does anyone know if these are available in-store, or only to members, or what? I don't want to go through the hassle of signing up for a membership only to see that I can't actually get this TV.

If you click on the "select a club" option, you'll be able to choose distance & see availability, I updated the title accordingly.

OK, guess its out of stock at all of the clubs within 100 miles of me then, as well as online. 60" one is available for $798 though.
EDIT: Someone on "that other deals site" mentioned that the online inventory checker was off and there was one at his store even though it listed out of stock. But I'm not about to drive around to 5 different Sam's clubs to see if any of them actually have one despite their inventory system saying they don't.

Auream said:   OK, guess its out of stock at all of the clubs within 100 miles of me then, as well as online. 60" one is available for $798 though.
EDIT: Someone on "that other deals site" mentioned that the online inventory checker was off and there was one at his store even though it listed out of stock. But I'm not about to drive around to 5 different Sam's clubs to see if any of them actually have one despite their inventory system saying they don't.

A few phone calls might do the trick.

polishdreamer said:   Auream said:   OK, guess its out of stock at all of the clubs within 100 miles of me then, as well as online. 60" one is available for $798 though.

Not if their inventory system shows no stock, unless they have a separate system for online and in-store.

Auream said:   polishdreamer said:   Auream said:   OK, guess its out of stock at all of the clubs within 100 miles of me then, as well as online. 60" one is available for $798 though.

Not if their inventory system shows no stock, unless they have a separate system for online and in-store.

If you call a human being & ask if they physically have one in stock, I think they can check.

Yeah they won't do that, I already tried calling. Maybe if I had your charm?

Auream said:   Yeah they won't do that, I already tried calling. Maybe if I had your charm?

Maybe some additional post 8th grade education ?

You should to find LED or LCD to enjoy more. TV has high energy consumption as compare to LED. Most preferably, Picture in picture option is best to watch not enough your cable channels, but also online tv channels worldwide. The cost of LED is lower than TV.

I wouldn't recommend this deal unless you can get a GIANT bow for an extra $55. These are made by work-release felons I believe so you are helping to reform some dangerous criminals. Sure, it's worth $300 for a big bow, but those days are over thanks to Fatwallet. Don't be shy about shilling or thread bumping your own post over, and over, and over, and over....again.

homersaysdoh said:   I wouldn't recommend this deal unless you can get a GIANT bow for an extra $30. These are made by work-release felons I believe so you are helping to reform some dangerous criminals.

Good call, http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1010511/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014