• 167 8 910
  • Page
  • Text Only
Great deal available online at Costco for $549.99 with additional 2nd year warranty free, 90 day price adjustment guarantee.

The 90 day price adjustment policy is your ability to return the TV, just to be clear.

polishdreamer said:   Great deal available online at Costco for $549.99 with additional 2nd year warranty free, 90 day price adjustment guarantee.

Why the red for this post? Letting you guys know it's dropped again on price at Costco...

bopgun said:   polishdreamer said:   Great deal available online at Costco for $549.99 with additional 2nd year warranty free, 90 day price adjustment guarantee.

Why the red for this post? Letting you guys know it's dropped again on price at Costco...

Thanks for keeping an eye on this as well.

Amazon has one of these for $549 shipped now. Over in the discussion thread at SD, someone mentioned that they just saw the Costco Panny plasma going for $499 in a Colorado store.

I've been holding off at $549, but at $499 I would probably cave in and get it. Will have to check the two stores I frequent here in PA (Harrisburg and Lancaster) and see if they've dropped to $499...

ktg said:   Amazon has one of these for $549 shipped now. Over in the discussion thread at SD, someone mentioned that they just saw the Costco Panny plasma going for $499 in a Colorado store.

I've been holding off at $549, but at $499 I would probably cave in and get it. Will have to check the two stores I frequent here in PA (Harrisburg and Lancaster) and see if they've dropped to $499...
If the $499 is real, this would be the deal of BF. This is a very nice TV.

It's $499. I just picked it up, was planning to get it for $549, but the $499 price ($699 with $200 off instant rebate) was a nice surprise.

bopgun said:   It's $499. I just picked it up, was planning to get it for $549, but the $499 price ($699 with $200 off instant rebate) was a nice surprise.

I heard this somewhere else as well, so it's a YMMV situation. $499 is kicking hot, wow.

Costco in Astoria, Queens. Was responding to the post re: Costco BF TV deals and this TV being an extra $50 off as part of that.

bopgun said:   Costco in Astoria, Queens. Was responding to the post re: Costco BF TV deals and this TV being an extra $50 off as part of that.

A buddy of mine just got a price adjustment for this, so it's game on with the BF ad. Wow, $499 for a 50" higher end TV.

polishdreamer said:   bopgun said:   Costco in Astoria, Queens. Was responding to the post re: Costco BF TV deals and this TV being an extra $50 off as part of that.

A buddy of mine just got a price adjustment for this, so it's game on with the BC ad. Wow, $499 for a 50" higher end TV.

What is the BC ad ?

bopgun said:   It's $499. I just picked it up, was planning to get it for $549, but the $499 price ($699 with $200 off instant rebate) was a nice surprise. Same with me! I just went to do a price adjustment for $550, and saw that it was actually $499. I bought it in June for $650, but in late August they dropped to $600. At the time when I asked for a price adjustment, they did a return-rebuy (didn't have to bring in the TV) so they gave me a new receipt dated for August 27. I took in that receipt and this time they just gave me $100 in cash - no return-rebuy. I guess that makes this the last price adjustment for me (90day return period on electronics) but I'm very happy. An awesome TV for $500!

Mine was at Redwood City, CA

Sam's for pick up when in stock at that store is now 499......(looks like only 1 year on the warranty though)....if you use Am Ex @ Costco, you should get 3 years total)

homersaysdoh said:   polishdreamer said:   bopgun said:   Costco in Astoria, Queens. Was responding to the post re: Costco BF TV deals and this TV being an extra $50 off as part of that.

A buddy of mine just got a price adjustment for this, so it's game on with the BC ad. Wow, $499 for a 50" higher end TV.

What is the BC ad ?

I meant BF, sorry.

ktg said:    Over in the discussion thread at SD

What is SD?

Sach said:   ktg said:    Over in the discussion thread at SD

What is SD?
It's a SLICK Fatwallet competitor where they discuss DEALS. I like FW better though

I bought this TV for $650 on 7/31 and got it adjusted to $600 in August.

Am I out of luck for return/rebuy?

wthsu said:   I bought this TV for $650 on 7/31 and got it adjusted to $600 in August.

Am I out of luck for return/rebuy?

If it's past 8-19-12, you have a shot at another $100 adjustments.

Sams B&M confirmed price of $499 now as well.

Costco B&M confirmed for $499 as well.

How does this Panasonic TC-50PU54 compare to the Samsung PN51E530
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BG47BE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_...

I'm curious because the price for me would be the same since I don't have to pay tax on Amazon. It seems that the original price on the Samsung is much higher ($1000) than the Panasonic ($700).

Sach said:   Costco B&M confirmed for $499 as well.

I'm curious because the price for me would be the same since I don't have to pay tax on Amazon. It seems that the original price on the Samsung is much higher ($1000) than the Panasonic ($700).

Costco has the same model 50" 1080P as Sam's?

ricoscoro said:   Sach said:   Costco B&M confirmed for $499 as well.

I can't find the model number anywhere on Sams website.

Sach said:   ricoscoro said:   Sach said:   Costco B&M confirmed for $499 as well.

My brother, talking to me via phone from his local Sam's, just confirmed--- Sam's has the exact same model as Costco. By upgrading his Sam's membership to the Business level, he doubled his warranty to 4 years.

ktg said:   Sach said:   ricoscoro said:   Sach said:   Costco B&M confirmed for $499 as well.

My brother, talking to me via phone from his local Sam's, just confirmed--- Sam's has the exact same model as Costco. By upgrading his Sam's membership to the Business level, he doubled his warranty to 4 years.

Cool, so same price at both Sam's and Costco. I'm still curious about the question I posed above about which one people think is better, the Samsung or the Panasonic.

FYI, I snapped a picture of the Panasonic at Costco http://i45.tinypic.com/2qte1ea.jpg

ktg said:   Sach said:   ricoscoro said:   Sach said:   Costco B&M confirmed for $499 as well.

Wow, that's a no brainer.

This is tempting, but I also recall Panasonic having incredible BF deals last year through EPP...hard to decide whether to cave or gamble on buying through Panasonic.

outtawhack said:   This is tempting, but I also recall Panasonic having incredible BF deals last year through EPP...hard to decide whether to cave or gamble on buying through Panasonic.

4 years of warranty for this type of TV basically assures that you'll have years of enjoyment with a great picture, BF deals aren't needed with this in hand based on today's price. Folks this might be the deal if the year for a TV, you cannot beat this at any price range for a panel this great. Picture is near perfect based many factors & weigh in a 20 W standard speaker system & you're golden.

Deal of the year for a TV here, bar none based on availability.

outtawhack said:   This is tempting, but I also recall Panasonic having incredible BF deals last year through EPP...hard to decide whether to cave or gamble on buying through Panasonic. What's the gamble?

I believe this price at Costco is supposed to be good through the 26th (not positive). That's after BF. Also, if you're worried it'll sell out at Costco, you can always buy it now and decide after BF whether to keep this one or not - Costco has a very lenient 90day return policy on TVs.

I stood and stared at this TV at Costco for a long time today. To be honest, I wasn't especially impressed with the picture. Yes, it's a big screen and I know that most stores don't really spend the kind of time you need in the settings to get the best possible picture.

I know this is very subjective, but I would suggest that if you plan to buy this, try to get a look at it first to see if the picture quality works for you.

Big surprise to me...several Vizio TVs looked really good, one better than the Samsung right next to it. Last time I did that the Samsung won hands down.

dogmeat said:   I stood and stared at this TV at Costco for a long time today. To be honest, I wasn't especially impressed with the picture. Yes, it's a big screen and I know that most stores don't really spend the kind of time you need in the settings to get the best possible picture.

I know this is very subjective, but I would suggest that if you plan to buy this, try to get a look at it first to see if the picture quality works for you.

Big surprise to me...several Vizio TVs looked really good, one better than the Samsung right next to it. Last time I did that the Samsung won hands down.

90 days gives you a pretty good look at this at your house. Basing on minute on the store picture based on hourly worker hook-ups is fools gold.

Yuyak said:   outtawhack said:   This is tempting, but I also recall Panasonic having incredible BF deals last year through EPP...hard to decide whether to cave or gamble on buying through Panasonic. What's the gamble?

I believe this price at Costco is supposed to be good through the 26th (not positive). That's after BF. Also, if you're worried it'll sell out at Costco, you can always buy it now and decide after BF whether to keep this one or not - Costco has a very lenient 90day return policy on TVs.

Bingo.

outtawhack said:   This is tempting, but I also recall Panasonic having incredible BF deals last year through EPP...hard to decide whether to cave or gamble on buying through Panasonic.

How do you qualify for EPP?

I've also read a lot of pros and cons of LED vs Plasma. With plasma being cheaper and having a better picture, why is it dying? There are fewer and fewer manufacturers making plasmas. There has to be a good reason.

Costco's online price hasn't been adjusted but it's $499.99 in-store, I'm here right now. 2 year warranty for no additional charge as well.

Nice. I picked mine up for $599 in early Oct. I'll have to go in and see if they'll price adjust, or at least do a return/rebuy for the new price.

And here I thought I was going to be without beer this thanksgiving! Huzzah!

kain9i6 said:   Nice. I picked mine up for $599 in early Oct. I'll have to go in and see if they'll price adjust, or at least do a return/rebuy for the new price.

And here I thought I was going to be without beer this thanksgiving! Huzzah!

LOL, you get 90 days to price adjust it. So you're starring at $100, which in Costco goes fast.

Since it is $499 in the store, you can get an additional 3YR Squaretrade warranty for a total of 5 years coverage for an additional 29.99. I just picked one up in Plano TX. If it looks nearly as good as my Panny ST I will be really pleased. No 3D or NET access and only 2 HDMI but still worth it. If you have a bright room get an LED backlit LCD, if you have subdued lighting get the awesome picture quality of a Panny Plasma. Best for sports and gaming.

That's for sure, Polishdreamer.. Though I do need to re-up on my year supply of (insert just about anything here). lol.

Thanks Terrabyte, I didn't even think about that. I can use a portion of the price difference to buy the Squaretrade warranty. For 30 dollars, why not. I was about to go back in and pick it up for 60 here in a few days anyways.

Now I just have to hope that I can go into a different Costco to do this. The store 3 miles from my house hadn't received this TV at the time I bought it, so I had to drive 35 miles away to pick it up. I'd rather not have to go back out there if I don't have to.

I haven't followed the latest TV tech since I purchased my Panasonic V10 plasma 3 years ago. At the time of my purchase the V10 was a high end model featuring THX and 96khz 24p etc. I wonder how much of an improvement is a model like this compared to my V10?

startover said:   I haven't followed the latest TV tech since I purchased my Panasonic V10 plasma 3 years ago. At the time of my purchase the V10 was a high end model featuring THX and 96khz 24p etc. I wonder how much of an improvement is a model like this compared to my V10?
3 years in TV technology is like 10 years in cars.

Panasonic Model Comparisons
Disclaimer
startover said:   I haven't followed the latest TV tech since I purchased my Panasonic V10 plasma 3 years ago. At the time of my purchase the V10 was a high end model featuring THX and 96khz 24p etc. I wonder how much of an improvement is a model like this compared to my V10?

Not sure about the panel comparisons, but in terms of Panasonic's 2012 naming conventions, the VT is the top of the line, while the U is at the other end, i.e. the most basic plasma feature-wise. Not to say that it's bad in any way (I personally have the low/mid-tier 2010 model TC-P50S2), but just answering your question.

Amazon has a handy comparison chart (see attached). So this model does not have THX, 96Hz 24p, etc.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014