• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Fatxman, come on guy. The more you talk the more nobody can believe the things you are saying. I've been building my own pc's since the 386 days and I assure you intel makes every intel chip out there. ARM is a totally different story since they license out and everyone is able to make their own. You are comparing apples to oranges.

That being said... this looks like a good deal. Now need a good motherboard and will be a good HTPC upgrade.

poohbie said:   DPackMan said:   fatxman said:   GPU and CPU are integrated on Sandybridge processor. Therefore, GPU OC = CPU OC. Look, I know what I am talking about. I have been using CPU for a long time!

OEM are not made by Intel. They are made by 3rd party computer manufactures such as Dell, HP and Lenovo and do not have the quality of retail Intel or AMD.

Wow, you must work for Geek Squad.
lol

Can he be banned please.

fatxman said:   OEM cpus generally don't overclock well. Avoid!

I think you earned an achievement, the most reds in a single thread in fatwallet history! GJ!

us said:   fatxman said:   OEM cpus generally don't overclock well. Avoid!

I think you earned an achievement, the most reds in a single thread in fatwallet history! GJ!

If you think that's the most reds in a single thread, you must be new around here. He's amateur hour compared to the beat-downs some folks have received.

fatxman said:   DPackMan said:   fatxman said:   antmanbee said:   fatxman said:   antmanbee said:   fatxman said:   OEM cpus generally don't overclock well. Avoid!

Intel killed overclocking on low and almost all mid range chips beginning with Sandy Bridge. Makes no difference if it's oem or boxed.

I got this for the ECS MB deal I got in on a couple of weeks ago. This is a great cpu for this or a general computer or HTPC.

There are plenty of options to overclock sandybridge CPUs even if the multipliers are locked. Most people are able to get a 50% OC without voltage change!

You can overclock some of the higher end Sandybridge CPUs. If you know how to overclock a 530/540 please advise or link.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel...

talks about the core i3. The same would work for G540. But not G530 because it is OEM.
That link is for GPU overclocks, not CPU overclocks.

And, seriously, do you even know what OEM implies when referring to processors? An OEM processor is identical to a retail boxed processor, it just doesn't have any cooling, HS/F, thermal paste/pad, paperwork, et cetera; the processor die and cores themselves are identical.

GPU and CPU are integrated on Sandybridge processor. Therefore, GPU OC = CPU OC. Look, I know what I am talking about. I have been using CPU for a long time!

OEM are not made by Intel. They are made by 3rd party computer manufactures such as Dell, HP and Lenovo and do not have the quality of retail Intel or AMD.

I just had to give this green

Thank you, cool deal!

I need a motherboard to go with this. And some memory.

Back in the 80's, I worked in the computer manufacturing industry in the silicon valley. Guys in my office were diverse, one was with robots, I was with board fab, and another was with clean room equipment. The latter gentleman told me a story after a visit to an AMD foundry. A tech was visually inspecting some wafers, and asked my coworker if he would like to see something interesting. Peering through the microscope, my coworker read: INTEL.

dealbuy said:   I need a motherboard to go with this. And some memory.

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014