• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
New Ad: July Ad

$19.97 for 5 Qts Valvoline NextGen Oil + DriveWorks Filter (Limit 2)
-$20 American Express Rebate Card (Limit 1, but you can get 1 for 5.1Qt Jug and 1 for 5 Individual Quarts)
= Free After Rebate


FAR STP Motor Treatment

Advance Auto Parts
Need a Advance Auto Parts coupon that earns 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Logo
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
checked mine and it too had $20. Also checked the STP card and while $8 is printed on the card, the loaded value is $8.... (more)

my4mainecoons (Aug. 12, 2012 @ 7:22a) |

Still waiting for my July rebate... anybody else?

SlamminMOFO (Sep. 03, 2012 @ 10:17p) |

email them... but they weren't much help in that dept either

i had replies that said it was denied, yet the cards came in... (more)

ricebike (Sep. 04, 2012 @ 3:08a) |

$20 for 5 qts Nextgen + Driveworks filter
$21 for 5 qts Nextgen + Purolator Classic filter
$22 for 5 qts Nextgen + Purolator Pureone filter
Staff Summary
  • Advance Auto Parts Coupons:
    AAP15OFF
    Save 15% On All Orders (expires 9/30/14 11:59pm)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hot deal, is this instore only?

and for anyone that's done this before, do both sets of oil + filter get purchased on one receipt or two receipts?

us said:   hot deal, is this instore only?

and for anyone that's done this before, do both sets of oil + filter get purchased on one receipt or two receipts?


NORMALLY, you can order online and pick up in store. I just tried it and the discounts don't apply when online for now. AAP often has inconsistencies between their monthly ad deals and what their website calculates. But in store, they usually get it right.

You can purchase both on 1 receipt, as long as you buy 1 5.1 qt jug, and 5 individual quarts.

us, I haven't looked at the details yet on this, but I did the oil change deal in late December.

Most of the coupon codes exclude oil/oil changes, BUT you can still purchase through Fat Wallet and get FatCash. I'm not sure if shipping is available, but I buy online and pickup instore.

sounds good, thanks for your feedback(s). I'll go pickup 10 quarts tonight.

us said:   sounds good, thanks for your feedback(s). I'll go pickup 10 quarts tonight.The oil change special has a limit of 2, but the rebate limit is 1. Buy them on separate receipts if you have more than 1 address to use (friends/relatives)

If you don't want the Driveworks filter then the Purolator filter is $1 extra and the Pureone filter is $2 extra
$20 for 5 qts Nextgen + Driveworks filter
$21 for 5 qts Nextgen + Purolator Classic filter
$22 for 5 qts Nextgen + Purolator Pureone filter

The same rebate form mentions a $5/$6 rebate if you buy a Purolator Classic/Pureone oil filter + a Purolator air filter together so you can probably combine the oil + Puro filter special for $21/$22 and add an air filter for the $5/$6 rebate

jatan1986 said:   The oil change special has a limit of 2, but the rebate limit is 1. Buy them on separate receipts if you have more than 1 address to use (friends/relatives)



you could buy both 5.1 and the 5 ind. quarts and get two $20 rebates, correct ? (limit of 1 each)

good idea on double dipping on the purolator.

gocint said:   jatan1986 said:   The oil change special has a limit of 2, but the rebate limit is 1. Buy them on separate receipts if you have more than 1 address to use (friends/relatives)



you could buy both 5.1 and the 5 ind. quarts and get two $20 rebates, correct ? (limit of 1 each)

good idea on double dipping on the purolator.
Could be since they're separate items on the rebate, but double check with the rebate center

Just confirmed via online chat that oil specials are in-store only.

i cant get the discount online on the filter....i tried with both driveworks and puralotor. Is the special promotion for filter and oil in=store only ?

I know in the past it would take the discount off at the checkout but it wont do it, i chatted online and they say it is in=store special. oh well

Looks like they don't want to pay Cash Back on it lol

Still a better deal than usual as you only pay tax AND. You get an oil filter as a bonus.

there's a bit of confusion about the first page on that flyer... first page states limit of 2 for the $19.97 oil/filter change special. (per household) yea, you can just buy more on other visits...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can choose to get the jug of NextGen Oil + filter, but ONLY 1 rewards card will be honored for the Free After Rebate (per household)

see the 2nd page on the flyer stating limit 1 per household for the green jug of oil OR 5 individual green quart bottles for the $20 rewards card

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

so if you want more than 1 rewards card, have separate receipts and ship them to different home addresses

Thanks OP. I'll wait until Wednesday and see if they offer 10% FatCash on the Fourth.

These rebates come up once every month or two. When it says 1 per household does that mean you can only get 1 total. Or can you get one each time a new offer comes out.

cmb said:   These rebates come up once every month or two. When it says 1 per household does that mean you can only get 1 total. Or can you get one each time a new offer comes out.

One for each unique offer number.

Thanks

ps:

when entering the online AAP rebate site

item 1 on that rebate list is for the 5 individual quarts

item 2 is for the 5.1 gallon jug

If you have time and are really cheap, WalMart had an additional $3 mfr coupon attached to their Nexgen bottles. I used them at AAP without issue.

Can anyone say for certain whether or not we can get a rebate for the individual jugs and the large jug, for a total of $40?

i don't think so for the same household

key word on that description was >>>>>>>>OR<<<<<<<<<

you can just use different addresses/households for more $20 AMEX gift cards

I did the earlier promotion and just realized I had not received my rebate upon checking there website it said I failed to include the receipt but their scan of what I sent in clearly shows the receipt I sent. So either that was not the correct receipt or they cant read their own scan. Rather than try and contact their rebate company I just filed a complaint with the BBB it seems to be a lot easier route to take.

usually, you don't use the items right away... but store them until the check/ or gift card clears and is in your hands.

that way, you can return the items right away and/or bring it up to the local store manager & he may comp you on the spot for customer service.

sometimes if you don't dot every "i" and cross every "t" they won't give it up

BEWARE OF THIS REBATE OFFER. Purchased this offer back in February and sent in the rebate with everything included and correct. After 3 months I get a note that says my rebate was denied by AAP. When I called the rebate company handling the promotion they said they were told to reject the rebates by AAP even though I complied with all the requirements. Since I had not used the oil I returned it for a refund. SCREW AAP!

shopper1973 said:   Can anyone say for certain whether or not we can get a rebate for the individual jugs and the large jug, for a total of $40?

This is the first time I bought both 5.1 and the quarts on the same receipt. If they deny one of them, I will return.

I am pretty sure you could do both.

By the way, I always got my rebates, been doing this every month last 4 months - not sure why some folks got rejections.

be prepared to return either the jug or the quarts

it's either one or the other

same rebate # 1005 this month

so pick item 1 (5 quarts)

or pick item 2 (1 jug)

---------------------

to avoid getting denied, just use a separate address/household

ricebike said:   
same rebate # 1005 this month

yeah i saw that too and i think you are correct, they will probably deny one of my rebates. I was hopeful because they appear as separate line items on the rebate form but then they both have the same offer #. Oh well.

rcglfr said:   BEWARE OF THIS REBATE OFFER. Purchased this offer back in February and sent in the rebate with everything included and correct. After 3 months I get a note that says my rebate was denied by AAP. When I called the rebate company handling the promotion they said they were told to reject the rebates by AAP even though I complied with all the requirements. Since I had not used the oil I returned it for a refund. SCREW AAP!

No limit on when you can return?

No limit on when you can return?

nope, as long as you have a copy of the receipts so they can either scan the barcode or manually enter that barcode

read the sd thread about how they tried to screw everybody on the April rebate. Finally enough people biatched and they approved them in bulk. Still haven't gotten that check, and my May and June submissions are in waiting limbo.

wow all this bad news ...

i'm going to call the 888 number to verify with a person about my rebate submissions

As long as your tracking page shows "Your claim is being reviewed" then you're fine

Was denied the $20 on one of the May oil rebates. Called them and they said it happened to many that ordered online and picked up in the store. They said to fax in receipt(they already had all the information, we filed online) we did, but they never responded so am returning oil.

blazer09 said:   Was denied the $20 on one of the May oil rebates. Called them and they said it happened to many that ordered online and picked up in the store. They said to fax in receipt(they already had all the information, we filed online) we did, but they never responded so am returning oil.

Similar thing happened to me for May. I called, they told me to fax the information. I was lazy and didn't fax it in. A few weeks later I checked the status again and it went from denied to approved.

In May I bought online with store Pickup. Got both my $20 May Rebates for 5 qts and 5.1 qt jug in the form of American Express Prepaid Reward cards. Can use them anywhere. Free oil is SWEET. I'm gettin it while the gettin is good!

I submitted my rebate in June. Yesterday got "the" email of blue screen of death. Called and they will resubmit to the terrorist network (Auto Zone). Today another like email. Called and now, now, now they want the fax and just the fax receipt. Can I scan and email.....noooooooo! Knotheads!

All this bad news... BUT, I and "my friends" have done these over the past few months and while there was a glitch in one month, all 24 of the rebate submissions have been rewarded with a fine and dandy AMEX card. So take heart, all is not lost. Always keep your receipts just in case and the store manager was very supportive the one month there was a delay.

jeffc said:   I submitted my rebate in June. Yesterday got "the" email of blue screen of death. Called and they will resubmit to the terrorist network (Auto Zone). Today another like email. Called and now, now, now they want the fax and just the fax receipt. Can I scan and email.....noooooooo! Knotheads!
This rebate is Advance auto, not Autozone.

jeffc said:   I submitted my rebate in June. Yesterday got "the" email of blue screen of death. Called and they will resubmit to the terrorist network (Auto Zone). Today another like email. Called and now, now, now they want the fax and just the fax receipt. Can I scan and email.....noooooooo! Knotheads!

If you have the scan of your receipt, insert the image into a Word document with whatever other info you need to send with it and use FaxZero.com to fax it to them for free.

Skipping 29 Messages...
email them... but they weren't much help in that dept either

i had replies that said it was denied, yet the cards came in the mail



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014