• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack (3-User) for only $94.99 shipped! Sold by Galactics and Fulfilled by Amazon with FSSS

Member Summary

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack (3-User)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Maybe a dumb question but is there a single user version that's cheaper?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Slickone (Jul. 03, 2012 @ 2:00p) |

This seems to say that the ISO would work with upgrades too.

valeadmagnet (Jul. 04, 2012 @ 6:29p) |

I know for a fact that upgrade and regular keys work in activating an upgrade install but I'm pretty sure an upgrade key... (more)

blueribb (Jul. 04, 2012 @ 8:01p) |

Make sure you always install the most up-to-date ISO version from Mircosoft so you don't lose time waiting for a bunch of updates.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal, I got this 2 years ago and upgraded 3 XP systems. Make sure you always install the most up-to-date ISO version from Mircosoft so you don't lose time waiting for a bunch of updates.

Windows 8 is coming soon...

Be VERY careful of ordering software through Amazon.
I ordered this exact thing a few months ago and I got a standard DVD-RW with 3 serial numbers printed on it.
Looked like someone did it on their PC. Definitely not a Microsoft product and not legit. I got my money back, but still buyer beware.

mrnukecus said:   Be VERY careful of ordering software through Amazon.
I ordered this exact thing a few months ago and I got a standard DVD-RW with 3 serial numbers printed on it.
Looked like someone did it on their PC. Definitely not a Microsoft product and not legit. I got my money back, but still buyer beware.
Did you buy from Amazon or from a 3rd party seller? I'm guessing the latter. Of course that's what this deal is as well. I hope you complained to Amazon so they knew that there was fraudulent activity on the part of the seller.

mrnukecus said:   Be VERY careful of ordering software through Amazon.

What kind of feedback rating did the seller have? Galactics looks like they have 51K+ feedback in the past year with 96% positive feedback. I ordered from them based on that information (and Amazon's reputation). Guess I'll find out in a few days. What was the feedback on the buyer you purchased from?

Awesome, thanks was just looking for this.
Can I get the anytime upgrade to Professional on to go Pro w/ this?

If you have access to AAFES, you can get it for $80.

Prices for Win 7 will likely continue to decline as the launch date for Win 8 gets ever closer, probably later this year.

EradicateSpam said:   Windows 8 is coming soon...

win7 is going to be the new winXP and win8 is going to turn into winME.

Waiting for pre-order time on 8 which should be around Aug-Sept.

For 7 most retailers offered it for ~$37 shipped.

valeadmagnet said:   Great deal, I got this 2 years ago and upgraded 3 XP systems. Make sure you always install the most up-to-date ISO version from Mircosoft so you don't lose time waiting for a bunch of updates.

Yeah, but are any of the downloads an "upgrade" version ? Upgrade keys won't work in other versions.

us said:   EradicateSpam said:   Windows 8 is coming soon...
More likely Win8 will be like Vista.

cant deal with ama70n no more, they start charging tax in TX as of yesterday.... goodbye ama70n, it's been good but all good things must come to an end.

SteelRing said:   cant deal with ama70n no more, they start charging tax in TX as of yesterday.... goodbye ama70n, it's been good but all good things must come to an end.

This item isn't taxed in Texas as it's only fulfilled by Amazon, not sold by them.

SteelRing said:   cant deal with ama70n no more, they start charging tax in TX as of yesterday.... goodbye ama70n, it's been good but all good things must come to an end.

Why are you blaming Amazon ?

PA & CA are next (Sept 1st)

Article

billrubin said:   us said:   EradicateSpam said:   Windows 8 is coming soon...
More likely Win8 will be like Vista.
Disagree with you all. WinME was a new kernel (which XP was based off). Vista was a new kernel (Windows 6). Windows 7 fixed most of its problems (and is known internally as Windows 6.1). Windows 8 is kernel/build 6.2, and will improve upon the platform already in place by Vista and 7.

Windows 8 is more comparable to Windows 98SE which improved upon Win98 which improved upon Win95.

This family pack is great for a set of three computers a family member is wanting to upgrade from Vista to 7, and is a great deal for them. Thanks, OP!

I meant to say vista like billrubin mentioned above. Either way, this deal is good. Someone else posted a $40 upgrade to win8 just now.

Windows 8 upgrades will be $40 each.

squinky86 said:   Disagree with you all. WinME was a new kernel (which XP was based off). Vista was a new kernel (Windows 6). Windows 7 fixed most of its problems (and is known internally as Windows 6.1). Windows 8 is kernel/build 6.2, and will improve upon the platform already in place by Vista and 7.

Windows 8 is more comparable to Windows 98SE which improved upon Win98 which improved upon Win95.

This family pack is great for a set of three computers a family member is wanting to upgrade from Vista to 7, and is a great deal for them. Thanks, OP!

Uhm, no, XP was not based on WinME. WinME was a hybrid of Win98se, and some W2K files using the NT "dragon" I/O mapper to be able to load .SYS files from NT rather than .VXD files from Win9x.

XP was a true NT kernel, an evolution of the kernel in W2K.

Anyways, this is a good deal, if people are receiving the actual retail-boxed version. If it's some burnt disc with three keys, then it is likely to be bootleg technet keys.

different families

32 bit Workstation grade > OS2 > NT3.1 > NT3.5 > NT4.0 > Win2000 > XP > Vista > win 7 > win 8

16/32bit Consumer grade > Dos & Windows > Win95 > Win98 > WinME

VirtuaL said:   squinky86 said:   Disagree with you all. WinME was a new kernel (which XP was based off). Vista was a new kernel (Windows 6). Windows 7 fixed most of its problems (and is known internally as Windows 6.1). Windows 8 is kernel/build 6.2, and will improve upon the platform already in place by Vista and 7.

Uhm, no, XP was not based on WinME. WinME was a hybrid of Win98se, and some W2K files using the NT "dragon" I/O mapper to be able to load .SYS files from NT rather than .VXD files from Win9x.

XP was a true NT kernel, an evolution of the kernel in W2K.

Anyways, this is a good deal, if people are receiving the actual retail-boxed version. If it's some burnt disc with three keys, then it is likely to be bootleg technet keys.
You're right - I stand corrected. ME was based off the '9x kernels in transition to the NT-based kernels. Thanks for the clarification.

blueribb said:   SteelRing said:   cant deal with ama70n no more, they start charging tax in TX as of yesterday.... goodbye ama70n, it's been good but all good things must come to an end.

Article

Because Amazon changed teams; they stopped fighting on behalf of their customers, and lay down for the state.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/technology/amazon-and-californ...

elray said:   blueribb said:   SteelRing said:   cant deal with ama70n no more, they start charging tax in TX as of yesterday.... goodbye ama70n, it's been good but all good things must come to an end.

Article

Because Amazon changed teams; they stopped fighting on behalf of their customers, and lay down for the state.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/technology/amazon-and-californ...
Considering that Texas requires you to pay a use tax on untaxed internet purchases, I wouldn't be implying in a public forum that you previous didn't follow that law...

Actually, MOST STATES REQUIRE A USE TAX. The problem is, how do they enforce it? Because it is difficult to enforce, most people simply ignore it. To be practical to collect, it almost becomes a voluntary tax.

List of States with USE TAX

lexscholar said:   Actually, MOST STATES REQUIRE A USE TAX. The problem is, how do they enforce it? Because it is difficult to enforce, most people simply ignore it. To be practical to collect, it almost becomes a voluntary tax.

List of States with USE TAX
They enforce it by finding suckers who admit to not paying it online, then audit them

moonsite said:   If you have access to AAFES, you can get it for $80.

sweet did not know that, as a veteran i shall get it now

Maybe a dumb question but is there a single user version that's cheaper?

blueribb said:   valeadmagnet said:   Great deal, I got this 2 years ago and upgraded 3 XP systems. Make sure you always install the most up-to-date ISO version from Mircosoft so you don't lose time waiting for a bunch of updates.

Yeah, but are any of the downloads an "upgrade" version ? Upgrade keys won't work in other versions.

Slickone said:   Maybe a dumb question but is there a single user version that's cheaper?

blueribb said:   valeadmagnet said:   Great deal, I got this 2 years ago and upgraded 3 XP systems. Make sure you always install the most up-to-date ISO version from Mircosoft so you don't lose time waiting for a bunch of updates.

This seems to say that the ISO would work with upgrades too.

I know for a fact that upgrade and regular keys work in activating an upgrade install but I'm pretty sure an upgrade key won't activate a regular install. Although the article mentioned upgrades, I don't see a download that specifies this.

Anyone know more on this subject ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014