• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Fry's NEW Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" MD101LL/A $999.00 in store pickup

http://www.frys.com/product/7091541?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

free in store pick up


Detailed Description
(Manufacturer # MD101LL/A )

Key Features

2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz

4GB DDR3 1600MHz memory

500GB 5400-rpm hard drive

Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 ports

FaceTime HD camera

Multi-Touch trackpad

Up to 7 hours of battery life1

OS X Lion

thanks masona op

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just for the Base Macpro model 13 inch with the i5 processor. Still an amazing deal!

dhyaan (Jul. 09, 2012 @ 7:54p) |

got my MacBook Pro guys!! As usual they had no idea where my web order was and I was in the store for nearly an hour. An... (more)

dhyaan (Jul. 09, 2012 @ 7:56p) |

This deal is still alive! It takes a bit of work BUT with the right attitude and patience with BestBuy customer service... (more)

jcflash80 (Jul. 24, 2012 @ 5:19p) |

  • Also categorized in:

Now unavailable for shipping.

Is it new ivy bridge?

I think so since it is using HD4000 graphics card.
ziba said:   Is it new ivy bridge?

lovecd said:   I think so since it is using HD4000 graphics card.
ziba said:   Is it new ivy bridge?


Yes it is the newest MBP. Even with Washington's 9.5% sales tax, this would be the cheapest available.

If only I didn't get mine couple of weeks ago...

They don't have it in stock in their Renton store, so...
Yuniverse said:   lovecd said:   I think so since it is using HD4000 graphics card.
ziba said:   Is it new ivy bridge?


Yes it is the newest MBP. Even with Washington's 9.5% sales tax, this would be the cheapest available.

If only I didn't get mine couple of weeks ago...

I am kinda waiting for the rumored retina display 13 inch but this deal is so tempting.

What a deal. Is there a quantity limit..?

Wait, is this the "Pro" version? Like the bigger version? Or is it like the regular Macbook? I have my 2007 version Macbook that needs an upgrade and are they shipping???

Washington is at 9.5% tax??? Wow!

I just picked one up. The price was $999.00, tax was 8.75% (Fremont). The recycling fee was supposed to be $6, but I noticed I was charged $8 and the notation next to it was for screens 15" or larger, but less than 35". It's either a mistake in their system or they're treating 13.3" screens as 15" for the extra $2.

They kept trying to sell me the extended warranty even though I told them that Apple includes 1 year and my credit card extends it by 1 more year, so 2 years of warranty. They wanted $199 for their "2-year" warranty. After I declined several times, they tried to sell me a printer and laptop bag.

They made it into a big deal where the sales guy took one out of the stock room then printed out some invoice and then walked me up to a cashier, cutting in front of everyone. When they rang it up, the cashier told me that they had to get some manager's approval before they could release it (wtf?). I wanted to get out of there ASAP so I didn't want to fuss about the extra $2.

Price was $1094.41 out the door. Thanks OP!

planejanetic said:   Wait, is this the "Pro" version? Like the bigger version? Or is it like the regular Macbook? I have my 2007 version Macbook that needs an upgrade and are they shipping???

The website says in-store or local pick up only. They did away with the regular Macbook line (plastic) around 2 years ago. All of the Pros now are unibody aluminum.

in2dadark said:   What a deal. Is there a quantity limit..?

The website says 1 per household.

ucdincognito said:   I just picked one up. The price was $999.00, tax was 8.75% (Fremont). The recycling fee was supposed to be $6, but I noticed I was charged $8 and the notation next to it was for screens 15" or larger, but less than 35". It's either a mistake in their system or they're treating 13.3" screens as 15" for the extra $2.

They kept trying to sell me the extended warranty even though I told them that Apple includes 1 year and my credit card extends it by 1 more year, so 2 years of warranty. They wanted $199 for their "2-year" warranty. After I declined several times, they tried to sell me a printer and laptop bag.

They made it into a big deal where the sales guy took one out of the stock room then printed out some invoice and then walked me up to a cashier, cutting in front of everyone. When they rang it up, the cashier told me that they had to get some manager's approval before they could release it (wtf?). I wanted to get out of there ASAP so I didn't want to fuss about the extra $2.

Price was $1094.41 out the door. Thanks OP!


Geesh!! What a hassle!

sartor said:   ucdincognito said:   I just picked one up. The price was $999.00, tax was 8.75% (Fremont). The recycling fee was supposed to be $6, but I noticed I was charged $8 and the notation next to it was for screens 15" or larger, but less than 35". It's either a mistake in their system or they're treating 13.3" screens as 15" for the extra $2.

They kept trying to sell me the extended warranty even though I told them that Apple includes 1 year and my credit card extends it by 1 more year, so 2 years of warranty. They wanted $199 for their "2-year" warranty. After I declined several times, they tried to sell me a printer and laptop bag.

They made it into a big deal where the sales guy took one out of the stock room then printed out some invoice and then walked me up to a cashier, cutting in front of everyone. When they rang it up, the cashier told me that they had to get some manager's approval before they could release it (wtf?). I wanted to get out of there ASAP so I didn't want to fuss about the extra $2.

Price was $1094.41 out the door. Thanks OP!


Geesh!! What a hassle!



Typical Fry's. I hate hate hate waiting in line to check out there. It's got to be urgent or an especially good deal to get me there. And, do they ever clean the store? Dirty and dusty for years...

ucdincognito said:   I just picked one up. The price was $999.00, tax was 8.75% (Fremont). The recycling fee was supposed to be $6, but I noticed I was charged $8 and the notation next to it was for screens 15" or larger, but less than 35". It's either a mistake in their system or they're treating 13.3" screens as 15" for the extra $2.

They kept trying to sell me the extended warranty even though I told them that Apple includes 1 year and my credit card extends it by 1 more year, so 2 years of warranty. They wanted $199 for their "2-year" warranty. After I declined several times, they tried to sell me a printer and laptop bag.

They made it into a big deal where the sales guy took one out of the stock room then printed out some invoice and then walked me up to a cashier, cutting in front of everyone. When they rang it up, the cashier told me that they had to get some manager's approval before they could release it (wtf?). I wanted to get out of there ASAP so I didn't want to fuss about the extra $2.

Price was $1094.41 out the door. Thanks OP!


I would have released it right back to them. That cutting up the warranty thing is a decades old trick that stopped working a long time ago, if it ever did. They should be glad they don't have a Fry's here. I'd go in just to play.

Tried the store in Anaheim, CA yesterday. Placed my order and 20 mins later received an email notifying me that it "wasn't available". The website was still showing that it was available so I called the store and asked them if I could just order it over the phone. She put me on hold-Comes back on and says "Sorry it's sold out".

I Tried again today and the website showed "available" but again when I placed my order.. got the same email! They need to really get their Inventory issue's sorted out. Anyway , doubt they are releasing too many of these at this price.

BTW Tried the store in Fountain Valley, CA and Industry, CA. No luck! .

Thanks for saving me the trouble in OC!

wanted to give you guys a quick update.. i finally managed to get this deal on the macbook. surprisingly, two of the stores in orange county had them available (Anaheim and city of industry). Received the instore pickup confirmation email 5 minutes ago and I will be on my way to the store in anaheim in the next 2 minutes! Lets hope they dont run out before i get there and give me some silly excuse as to why i cant get it anymore. ;-0

Is this just for the base model, or do they have a similar discount on the higher level (i7) one as well?

Just for the Base Macpro model 13 inch with the i5 processor. Still an amazing deal!

got my MacBook Pro guys!! As usual they had no idea where my web order was and I was in the store for nearly an hour. Anyway , I'm glad I got the deal and also ended up getting a 64GB PNY Flash drive for $29.99 . Thank you Butcherboy!

This deal is still alive! It takes a bit of work BUT with the right attitude and patience with BestBuy customer service you can get it using their Price Match Guarantee Policy.

Here is how I did it:

1. Check to see if your local Fry's has the Macbook Pro in "theoretical" stock. This means the frys.com site says that it is in stock but then when you order it and select in-store pick up you end up with an email that tells you it is NOT available. Also, you should be able call the local number and ask if the SKU# 7091541 is in stock and on sale for $999. The phone agent should confirm what the frys.com check says which is "available". This is clearly some glitch in the Fry's database but this is perfect for the price matching.

This is very important because BestBuy calls Fry's to make sure it is in stock but they call the same number you do. This is part of their Price Match Policy. Products need to be in stock at a competitor's store.

2. Call the BestBuy.com sales line at 1-888-237-8289 and place a phone order for in-store pick up on the Macbook Pro. Tell them you want them to price match Fry's and tell them which local store says the have it. Once the phone agent confirms it they will take your payment information and charge your card and have it ready for pick up at your local BestBuy store. If for some reason they give you some crap about their Price Match Policy NOT working for Apple products you should ask to speak with a manager because that is NOT the case. Their policy does include Apple products!

On a side note: I ran into this issue while inside an actual BestBuy store and the sales associates passionately defended the fact that their policy does NOT cover Apple products. That sounded odd to me because the policy has an entire section dedicated to Price Match Policy exceptions and Apple products were not mentioned on the policy at all as an exception. <-- This pissed me off because I walked out of the store and had to go through the phone order instead which took an extra 30-45 minutes.

3. Go to your local BestBuy and pick up your new Macbook Pro!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014