• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

tablet (49.15kB)
Disclaimer
It is ridiculous how low Android tablets have gotten, but this one is the best bang for the buck in recent memory.
I remember when just the glass for the screen on a tablet like this was more than $100 by itself, but this entire tablet is a grand total of $69.99 with shipping included.

Here's the link to the product page and some highlights are below.

7" Android Tablet - $69.99 Shipped Free

No tax and No shipping charges.



7" Form Factor
Android 4.0 / Ice Cream Sandwich
Capacitive touch screen
5-Point Multi-touch capability
Latest Release A13 CPU @ 1.2Ghz
512MB DDR II SDRAM
4GB Internal Memory
32GB Expandable MicroSD
Supports Google Play / Market
Supports Skype Video Chat



The rest of the stats are in the link.
Post up with any questions and I'll be glad to help if I can.

Member Summary

7" Tablet,Android 4.0,Capacitive (49.15kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just bought mine recently and it broke already.

mbhs3848 (Oct. 11, 2012 @ 10:02p) |


This arrived damaged.....packed correctly...box Not damaged. Mcbub wants it shipped to China and paypal agrees!
I bought ... (more)

quaspeck (Oct. 31, 2012 @ 9:51p) |

my sister got this, two issues she indicates, the touch screen, she feels its not sensitive is there a way to increase s... (more)

ridn4free (Nov. 15, 2012 @ 4:30a) |

Update: The US Warehouse Stock on their site already sold out, if you are interested, still can get from their china warehouse. I update the post. Enjoy!
There is a long thread on SD about this tablet, Thread ID 4746264, search for "$67.99 with Coupon Code"

I started a thread on Slatedroid for this tablet:

Slatedroid
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Does it have Bluetooth ? I want to run the android app called torque, which connects via bt to your car obdii port

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Does it have Bluetooth ? I want to run the android app called torque, which connects via bt to your car obdii port

No Bluetooth

Near the bottom of the ad it states, "Please email to Legal Department directly if you have any legal complaints. Our Legal Department Email Address: legal@mcbub.com" This statement is right above the scroll bar for "Best Sellers", including brass knuckles with cute little skulls.
But seriously folks, I bought one of these and my son loves it. After running Minecraft he reported, "Its not laggy at all." He also plays chords on a piano app with the 5-point multitouch. Its still working after 2 weeks.

I wonder where the charge port is.. because in the photo, it shows that the tablet is charging but I dont see any wires

So this is a better deal than the Polaroid at Kohl's a few weeks back?

KayK said:   I wonder where the charge port is.. because in the photo, it shows that the tablet is charging but I dont see any wires
The charge port is a tiny circular connector on the side. It's not very rugged. (I seem to recall a review where the customer was afraid to push it all the way in.) No, the case, the connections, and the switches are not nearly as nice as on my Nook Color. But at the present time ICS works much better on this tablet than on my Nook.

rootbear said:   So this is a better deal than the Polaroid at Kohl's a few weeks back?
A much better deal. Also McBub is part of the development community. Since they have posted their source code online, you could be more likely to get a Jellybean update from them (or a third party) than from Polaroid.

Thanks, OP. In for one. Some additional links for more info:

Other 7" Tablets sold by this seller for your shopping comparison.

Link to reviews at this seller - this is the same item at the same website, but while the OP link has no reviews, this item page has several.

This one might be a winner. I'm considering one for my 6 year old for her birthday instead of an iPod touch (which I wanted to get her, but am concerned that she'll lose it or break it!).

Does anyone know if this unit has GPS built in? The description does not mention it.

No GPS, according to customer questions from second link in GottaHavaFatWallet's post.

FWIW, McBub's responsiveness to questions and issue sis a big point in their favor, from what I can see.

Does it have dual-core cpu?

Thanks for the quick response! How about the DAC (digital to analog converter) used?

Where does it say that they ship from the US? I ordered one (not this one) and it is coming via AirMail from China using their standard free shipping.

This particular one say "Stock In US" right at the top. They apparently have a few specific items stocked in a US warehouse.

Thanks OP. Checked and here are a couple of things that may need attention:
1. Battery life is only 4 hr when wifi is on, and 6 hr when it's off.
2. Screen resolution is 800 x 480, a bit lower than Nook Color.

IrishBrewer said:   Where does it say that they ship from the US? I ordered one (not this one) and it is coming via AirMail from China using their standard free shipping.I just ordered one from China a couple of days ago. I didn't read down far enough, but on the china site page, it has a link to the US page for 2-4 day delivery (just below the description). I didn't see it before ordering. The China page also has about 6 user reviews.

My son bought one about 3 weeks ago, and he loves it. It appears to be a solid build and not sluggish. This model also comes in white for the same price.

I'm typing on same tablet. For $70 its a good deal. A bit laggy though compared to my htc view
. Maybe some settings tweaks may speed it up? I throw mine in my work van just for tethering to my phone for internet. I don't worry about scratching or getting stolen. If I had to do it again I would put moneytoward Google tablet. Again good deal for price.

swordinhand said:   Does it have dual-core cpu?

Not dual core, Allwinner A13 is also Cortex A8, single core.

Wish this had 1gig of ram; I'd buy several then. On the fence about pulling the trigger.

swordinhand said:   Does it have dual-core cpu?
It uses the A13 processor.
From wikipedia: "The Allwinner A1X is a family of SoC devices designed by AllWinner Technology Co. Ltd. from Zhuhai, China. Currently the family consists of the A13[1] and the A10[2]. The SoCs incorporate the ARM Cortex-A8 as its main processor[3] and the Mali 400 as the GPU. The Allwinner A1X is referred to as a 'Many core' processor due to its use of multiple processors to perform different functions. Currently the A1X family consists of two models. The A13 is lower power consumption and lower cost version of the A10 which is designed primarily for tablet computers. The A13 does not not have HDMI or SATA connections."

cpusrvc said:   IrishBrewer said:   Where does it say that they ship from the US? I ordered one (not this one) and it is coming via AirMail from China using their standard free shipping.I just ordered one from China a couple of days ago. I didn't read down far enough, but on the china site page, it has a link to the US page for 2-4 day delivery (just below the description). I didn't see it before ordering. The China page also has about 6 user reviews.

My son bought one about 3 weeks ago, and he loves it. It appears to be a solid build and not sluggish. This model also comes in white for the same price.


Thanks for the info.

I got one of these to keep the kids quiet on a road trip. For $70 its a great deal.

Compared to namebrand devices there are a few drawbacks, but If you or your kids havenít used a higher end device they will have no problem with it, and you are better off skipping the next paragraph so you can remain blissfully ignorant of its shortcoming in relation to more pricey tablets.

The screen isnít great, not very high resolution for a tablet, not very bright and very limited viewing angle. I used it to watch a movie while using a Stairmill and every step took me out of the optimal 10 degree viewing range. The battery life is probably more like 2hrs of active use. There is only 1GB of usable open storage space. The touch sensitivity isnít great but much better than old resistive touch screens.

It does come with a good video player which does a better job of playing whatever I throw at it than anything Iíve found in the free android market, and it doesnít come with nearly as much bloatware as my HTC flyer.

Shipping took a couple of weeks from China, I also got a case from them for $5. There is a screen protection film on it, mine was cut so perfectly to size that it didn't look like it was there, but scratch a corner of the screen and it will bubble up.

Sound like just what I need for my kids to play games.

Thanks.

Coupon code ZLSKEOVO gives you $2 off.

joonbug2 said:   Wish this had 1gig of ram; I'd buy several then. On the fence about pulling the trigger.
For me, the refurb Nook Color (listed in another thread for $109), along with CM7 on a microSD card is a better deal. I appreciate the Nook's higher resolution screen because I use "Kindle for Android" almost daily and like to watch videos during air travel. I don't need 5-point multi-touch.

IgorSkovoroda said:   joonbug2 said:   Wish this had 1gig of ram; I'd buy several then. On the fence about pulling the trigger.
For me, the refurb Nook Color (listed in another thread for $109), along with CM7 on a microSD card is a better deal. I appreciate the Nook's higher resolution screen because I use "Kindle for Android" almost daily and like to watch videos during air travel. I don't need 5-point multi-touch.



Hmmmm, I'm less on the fence now. Maybe I will wait for a tablet with a higher resolution.

For those looking for a higher end tablet from this source, this one looks quite good with Bluetooth, GPS, High Res, HDMI out, Dual Core Terga, etc. Quite a bit more than the OP's tablet but it has some very nice features and is still less than a new Kindle Fire which pales in comparison (in terms of specs).

Dual Core Terga 7" Tablet

There is a long thread on SD about this tablet, Thread ID 4746264, search for "$67.99 with Coupon Code"

joonbug2 said:   IgorSkovoroda said:   joonbug2 said:   Wish this had 1gig of ram; I'd buy several then. On the fence about pulling the trigger.
For me, the refurb Nook Color (listed in another thread for $109), along with CM7 on a microSD card is a better deal. I appreciate the Nook's higher resolution screen because I use "Kindle for Android" almost daily and like to watch videos during air travel. I don't need 5-point multi-touch.


Hmmmm, I'm less on the fence now. Maybe I will wait for a tablet with a higher resolution.


The McBub's 800x480 resolution is fine for playing games on a 7 inch screen. (As I mentioned above, my son loves his McBub tablet and prefers it over the Nook.) I just happen to do a lot more reading.

There will always be a better tablet or OS on the horizon and a reason to wait. For example, some people not dedicated to Android or Apple might be waiting for the Windows RT tablet that Samsung will be releasing in October. (The Snapdragon-based Samsung tablet should use less power, have faster performance, and provide cross-platform compatibility with Microsoft products.) But is that a reason for YOU to wait? If you don't already have a tablet, then I don't think you can go wrong with the McBub tablet at this price.

This other one sound so much better, with blutooth and GPS, but it is $174. But then again, I could buy almost 3 of the ones in this post.

RKEM said:   I got one of these to keep the kids quiet on a road trip. For $70 its a great deal.

Compared to namebrand devices there are a few drawbacks, but If you or your kids havenít used a higher end device they will have no problem with it, and you are better off skipping the next paragraph so you can remain blissfully ignorant of its shortcoming in relation to more pricey tablets.

The screen isnít great, not very high resolution for a tablet, not very bright and very limited viewing angle. I used it to watch a movie while using a Stairmill and every step took me out of the optimal 10 degree viewing range. The battery life is probably more like 2hrs of active use. There is only 1GB of usable open storage space. The touch sensitivity isnít great but much better than old resistive touch screens.

It does come with a good video player which does a better job of playing whatever I throw at it than anything Iíve found in the free android market, and it doesnít come with nearly as much bloatware as my HTC flyer.

Shipping took a couple of weeks from China, I also got a case from them for $5. There is a screen protection film on it, mine was cut so perfectly to size that it didn't look like it was there, but scratch a corner of the screen and it will bubble up.


What a shame... 2h of battery life is a no go for me!

GottaHavaFatWallet said:   Thanks, OP. In for one. Some additional links for more info:

Other 7" Tablets sold by this seller for your shopping comparison.
This link shows several tablets in the $61-64.xx price range. How do those compare please? (I'm a noob to tablets and other gadgets.)

Can it print (not wirelessly) via a usb port? I keep a printer in my car (landlord) and need something small to print off documents and connect via a usb or other cable.

Looks like a good toy for kids. But I would buy only if they offer 100% refund return policy. Already got burned by the junk Archos 101 and another no-name 7" tablet.

I started a thread on Slatedroid for this tablet:

Slatedroid

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Does it have Bluetooth ? I want to run the android app called torque, which connects via bt to your car obdii port

There you go reading my mind again.

I'm going to try and run Torque also, since my car is woefully short on 'real' gauges, and I'm an addict for keeping tabs on what's going on under the hood.

GTO's have notoriously expensive parts, and even adding a couple of gauges can top $500.

Though you've probably researched it quite a bit, here's a new and older thread about it. Seems like they just added a PID for oil pressure as well.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443226&highlight=a...

Original thread:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390910

Good luck, and let me know if you're happy with it.

EDIT: Started as a PM, but on 2nd though, maybe others would have interest, so I quoted/posted here.

dkong said:   GottaHavaFatWallet said:   Thanks, OP. In for one. Some additional links for more info:

Other 7" Tablets sold by this seller for your shopping comparison.
This link shows several tablets in the $61-64.xx price range. How do those compare please? (I'm a noob to tablets and other gadgets.)


The tablet in this deal is the cheapest one with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) except for the VIA8850, which is resistive screen. My guess is that the AllWinner A10 is better than the WM8850 chip, but I'm not sure, so someone please confirm!

I will bite the bullet... Anyone with a suggestion for a case/protection? It's for daughter's use and I would love this thing to last more than a day...

Skipping 116 Messages...
my sister got this, two issues she indicates, the touch screen, she feels its not sensitive is there a way to increase sensitivity on the screen
the other is battery life, she reduced the brightness and wifi only when needed but she doesnt like the battery. Has anyone looked at adding a external usb battery and what kinda life is it giving you



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014