• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
blunty said:   rootbear said:   So this is a better deal than the Polaroid at Kohl's a few weeks back?

I have both. Overall, I feel the Polaroid PTAB7XC is better built and has a stronger battery life compared to the McPad. Both are running ICS 4.0.3. The McPad seems to have a brighter screen and can play Temple Run correctly, whereas the Polaroid does not tilt in Temple Run but will tilt in other games. The Polaroid charges via the mini-usb but this tab has a dedicated power jack with the included 5V/2A adapter and will charge via the micro-usb. The Polaroid has a better antenna inside and connects to my router at 150mbps, whereas this one has a cheaper flex antenna that connects at ~65mbps. This one comes with the Play store out of the box but you can add it easily to the Polaroid. I took some gut shots of both. The McPad's battery was about the size of a credit card. I couldn't identify the capacity but it looked about the size of a cellphone battery.

Why does the Polaroid not tilt in Temple Run? Do other games have this problem? Any idea if there will be a fix?

I'm wondering if this would be 'slightly better' or 'mile ahead' of my Pandigital Novel reader, based just on these upgrades:

CPU: 533/800 Mhz (I've read both) ---> 1.2 Ghz
RAM: 128/256 MB (I've read both) ---> 512 MB
Touch screen: Resistive ---> Capacitive
Android OS: 2.0 ---> 4.0
SlideMe only ---> Google Market

Actually, I'd like to hear which ones of these would make a huge difference, and which ones not so much. My Pandigital is painstakingly unresponsive & slow.

Charge time did improve as well as battery life. In the end, I am pleased with the tablet for the price. Would buy another for the kids.

I do like that it can be charged with the DC adapter or the mini usb. Used my charger for the Kindle Fire on it the other day with no issues.

Recommendation: be patient with the battery and charging, the last 20% of battery life seems to last 50% of the overall battery time. However, it does have a low battery life. 2 hours max at 40% brightness. Have not noticed a huge difference if wifi is on or not.

I got one of these about 2 months ago for games for a young niece. Yes. It is miles ahead of the Pandigital on performance for the money for all the reasons listed. Overall I'm satisfied with the tablet. I will be buying another one for kids in the family.

That said, here are the downsides:

1. Customer service is responsive and evasive. They probably won't do much for you if you have a problem. That is probably understandable at the low price point.

2. I had a problem with the very flimsy 110v power plug falling apart. They did send another equally flimsy one. If you buy this tablet, do yourself a favor and buy one of the usb power cubes that convert 110v to usb current. The Iphone or Ipad ones work just fine on this tablet. You can get the generic ones on eBay for $2 or so. I did.

3. As mentioned by others before, the battery doesn't last long when you first get it. Do the tweaks mentioned earlier to use less power. After completely discharging and fully charging a few times it does get better, but the maximum I've seen is about 2 hours of solid play time.

rshaslam said:   Charge time did improve as well as battery life. In the end, I am pleased with the tablet for the price. Would buy another for the kids.

I do like that it can be charged with the DC adapter or the mini usb. Used my charger for the Kindle Fire on it the other day with no issues.

Recommendation: be patient with the battery and charging, the last 20% of battery life seems to last 50% of the overall battery time. However, it does have a low battery life. 2 hours max at 40% brightness. Have not noticed a huge difference if wifi is on or not.

Are you sure it charges with mini usb? Mine didn't seem to charge when plugged into mini usb.

donthemaniac said:   2. I had a problem with the very flimsy 110v power plug falling apart. They did send another equally flimsy one. If you buy this tablet, do yourself a favor and buy one of the usb power cubes that convert 110v to usb current. The Iphone or Ipad ones work just fine on this tablet. You can get the generic ones on eBay for $2 or so. I did.

Can you link to a sample on eBay?

Grayson73 said:   donthemaniac said:   2. I had a problem with the very flimsy 110v power plug falling apart. They did send another equally flimsy one. If you buy this tablet, do yourself a favor and buy one of the usb power cubes that convert 110v to usb current. The Iphone or Ipad ones work just fine on this tablet. You can get the generic ones on eBay for $2 or so. I did.

Can you link to a sample on eBay?

Just do searches for "USB AC" and "USB charger", and sort by price. You don't need to search for anything iphone, etc. You can probably find one for about $1 shipped. But note that any of these USB to AC chargers are low quality and often don't last long.

Yes, I am completely sure it charges with the USB. I have started only using the USB to charge it. Simplifies life with just one charger for this and the Kindle Fire.

Simple way to check is to plug it is and turn it on. See if the lightning bolt appears on the battery life icon. Keep in mind, this is not a usb attached to the computer, but a usb wall charger.

Charges in about the same time as using the DC adapter.

rshaslam said:   Yes, I am completely sure it charges with the USB. I have started only using the USB to charge it. Simplifies life with just one charger for this and the Kindle Fire.

Simple way to check is to plug it is and turn it on. See if the lightning bolt appears on the battery life icon. Keep in mind, this is not a usb attached to the computer, but a usb wall charger.

Charges in about the same time as using the DC adapter.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant USB to computer charging.

I got one of these a while back. Pretty nice for the $$$$. The capacitive screen is MUCH nicer than the resistive Nextbook I got from Big Lots a while back. I actually gave the Nextbook to my daughter to play with and watch movies on while in the car.
Granted...it's not an iPad or anything....but nice to keep next to the bed to mess on while da wifey is watching her chick-flicks.

Got mine in 12 days, not bad for the money.

1 problem for me is google play says i heart radio is not compatible...anyone know any tricks to make it work?

Does anyone know if the battery can be replaced with a longer-lasting one?

Very fast shipping. Ordered on Sunday 8-12 and received it on Wed. 8-15.

scubastorey said:   Very fast shipping. Ordered on Sunday 8-12 and received it on Wed. 8-15.

You're lucky. I ordered one on 8/11, and according to tracking, it's not scheduled to arrive until 8/20. So much for 2-4 day delivery (I took the free shipping, did you?). I live in Buffalo NY, so maybe that's why... but tracking also says it was picked up and has been sitting in CA for over 3 days now. Hopefully, that's not correct.

Would not waste my money on this junk,You will regret buying this before you know it,lol

I took the free shipping. I was shocked to find it sitting in my mail box on Wed.

Does this come shipped with a screen protector on it? I bought two and one has several bubbles on the screen. I have been able to push a couple of the bubbles to the side and they disappeared. It would seem to me there is a screen protector on it but I can't seem to find an edge to be able to remove it. Has any one else come across this problem?

I placed the order on Sun, July 22, 2012. I can get the information from the Order Tracking on the website, but I had not received any confirmation/shipping email until July 28 after I emailed them on July 27. Then I got the shipping notice email with the tracking number. It was shipped from China (should be shipped from US) on July 28 and left China on July 29. Today is August 19 and it is still on the way.

Slickone said:   blunty said:   rootbear said:   So this is a better deal than the Polaroid at Kohl's a few weeks back?

I have both. Overall, I feel the Polaroid PTAB7XC is better built and has a stronger battery life compared to the McPad. Both are running ICS 4.0.3. The McPad seems to have a brighter screen and can play Temple Run correctly, whereas the Polaroid does not tilt in Temple Run but will tilt in other games. The Polaroid charges via the mini-usb but this tab has a dedicated power jack with the included 5V/2A adapter and will charge via the micro-usb. The Polaroid has a better antenna inside and connects to my router at 150mbps, whereas this one has a cheaper flex antenna that connects at ~65mbps. This one comes with the Play store out of the box but you can add it easily to the Polaroid. I took some gut shots of both. The McPad's battery was about the size of a credit card. I couldn't identify the capacity but it looked about the size of a cellphone battery.

Why does the Polaroid not tilt in Temple Run? Do other games have this problem? Any idea if there will be a fix?

Does anyone know?

Got one yesterday for my soon to be 13 year old. I've played with other inexpensive tablets like the Pandigital Novel and this beats those hands down. It is a great value for the money. We'll see how it holds up. The owner's manual is a riot, typical Chinese to English translations. Do not buy this if you are expecting it to be like a Xoom or other high end tablet; it is not. But as a starter tablet for a kid or something like that it is great. It is quite responsive and you won't find one this cheap running ICS with a 1.2ghz processor. I wish it had a decent rear camera.

bbjprizes said:   Does this come shipped with a screen protector on it? I bought two and one has several bubbles on the screen. I have been able to push a couple of the bubbles to the side and they disappeared. It would seem to me there is a screen protector on it but I can't seem to find an edge to be able to remove it. Has any one else come across this problem?

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like it has a protector on it. Mine has 2 small bubbles due to some dust in the top left of the screen. I am not worried about it, but would hate to try and pull it off and ruin something. Will leave it as is for now.

Seems to be a good little tablet for the low price.

rshaslam said:   Charge time did improve as well as battery life. In the end, I am pleased with the tablet for the price. Would buy another for the kids.

"2 hours max at 40% brightness" kills deal for me...

Is it really worth it for the hassle of a tablet that probably won't last a year when in a couple weeks you'll be able to get a Kindle Fire for $149 or $129 or something like that?

I understand this is cheap and on paper not a bad tablet, but you get what you pay for and I'd take a $149-$199 tablet like the Nexus 7 or the Kindle Fire that has some sort of warranty over any of these cheap tablets.

These things always end up in a junk drawer or the garbage within a year.

Received this a couple of days back and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and build of this thing. It almost rivals the nexus 7 in sleekness, weight etc. It does have a rather anemic battery life and audio but this is easily fixed with one of those cheap and tiny external battery packs. I also had an x-mini speaker which enhances the audio way beyond anything that a built-in speaker can put out. I was expecting a bad screen resolution but the video playback on this is awesome. I was able to quickly mount my Samba shares (from a NAS) and using Moboplayer I could play pretty much any format Video. BTW, this device comes pre-rooted so there's no hassle when trying to do any advanced stuff like setting up samba mounts.
I never needed a tablet and was never going to buy one but at 70 bucks this was too cheap to just try out. Anything 100 bucks or over I would not have bought period. If you are like me go ahead and buy this tablet next time it shows up again for $70.

Mine never got over the 1/2" to the left when in landscape mode dead area, I've been up to 3 firmware updates already, will return

I too have been quite impressed with mine, and have been VERY happy with this purchase. It's miles ahead of my old Pandigital. I always take a chance buying brand-X from China, but in this case, it has excellent build quality, IMHO. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. My only minor complaint is the battery life, I'm guessing 1-2 hours if everything is constantly on (screen, wifi etc), but it's primarily an ebook reader for the wife, so wifi can be turned off and the battery life doubles. I also don't like the speaker in the back, but it's that way on my iPad too, so no biggie.

I did have an issue when I first connected it to my pc to transfer some files, both Windows 7 and Vista couldn't find drivers, and there were none supplied, so it wouldn't mount it. I found a default 'USB Debug' setting that had to be turned off, then it mounts fine.

Mine also came with a little cord to plug in a USB device to the tablet, whih was an unexpected surprise. I plugged in a USB flash drive loaded with videos of various formats, and the tablet saw and played the videos fine! VERY nice feature (something my iPad won't do),

I see also that now they offer a 10" version for $99.

Hope this thread is still alive, because I have a question. I'm having problems charging it the the included AC adapter, it feels like it's plugged in all the way (it's snug) but it won't charge unless I PUSH & HOLD it in, then it charges until I release it, stops charging. Next option is the microUSB, but it's not convenient to hook it up to a pc to charge, especially while traveling. I have a generic AC-to-USB adapter laying around, I tried that and it does charge, but it also makes my tablet FREAK OUT and thinks all sorts of things are being clicked on, when in fast I'm not even touching it. Has anyone else experienced this? I would replace the AC adapter, but I can't say for sure whether it's the AC adapter or the plug in the tablet that is bad. I could live with an AC-to-USB adapter, but apparently the generic one I have isn't a good match for whatever reason (watt/amps/volts? I don't know electronics). What specs should I look for when getting a compatible AC-to-USB adapter?

DaveNetMan said:   Hope this thread is still alive, because I have a question. I'm having problems charging it the the included AC adapter, it feels like it's plugged in all the way (it's snug) but it won't charge unless I PUSH & HOLD it in, then it charges until I release it, stops charging. Next option is the microUSB, but it's not convenient to hook it up to a pc to charge, especially while traveling. I have a generic AC-to-USB adapter laying around, I tried that and it does charge, but it also makes my tablet FREAK OUT and thinks all sorts of things are being clicked on, when in fast I'm not even touching it. Has anyone else experienced this? I would replace the AC adapter, but I can't say for sure whether it's the AC adapter or the plug in the tablet that is bad. I could live with an AC-to-USB adapter, but apparently the generic one I have isn't a good match for whatever reason (watt/amps/volts? I don't know electronics). What specs should I look for when getting a compatible AC-to-USB adapter?
Yes, I have experienced the same issue when charging via the mini-USB port. I don't recall the problem when connected to a desktop, but definitely when using an A/C-to-USB brick. One of the reasons is that USB power from the computer is tightly regulated at 5 volts, but possibly not as much from the A/C-to-USB bricks. I don't use the tablet when it's charging thru the mini-USB port. For me, its just one of the sacrifices for using an $70 tablet.

I don't have a problem charging with the included power supply. When plugging it in to the tablet, it reaches a stop point, and then I press a little harder, and it "clicks" in a little more and reliably charges.

FWIW:
1. I found the unit sluggish on arrival and I would have to repeat key-presses before they were recognized. One day the tablet shut down unexpectedly (low battery?) and when started up, it said the encryption was corrupted and the system would be returned to factory defaults. Afterwards, the system ran noticeably faster, was definitely more responsive, and didn't miss key-presses.
2. I got a $10 case w/keyboard from Amazon (works great) but it drains the battery when left connected, unless the tablet is completely powered down.

Tried all existing versions of Skype on this thing... Video calls never succeed...

Has anyone tried another tablet? A bunch of those A9 dual core tablets in the 120-140 range look decent.

I tested browsers on www.speed-battle.com and here are the results. I ran the test 10 times for each browser and list the average and max. Higher score is better:

Browser Average Max
Firefox 15.0.1 37.12 42.06
Opera Mobile 12.0.4 23.57 26.55
Dolphin Browser Mini 19.05 21.21
Boat Browser Mini 3.8.1 17.02 19.41
Boat Browser 4.3 16.51 20.35
Opera Mini 7.0.3 15.96 18.27
Skyfire 4.0 15.92 21.24
Stock 4.0.3 15.55 20.98
Maxthon MM 2.7.2 build 2830 14.85 19.25
Dolphin Browser 8.8.1 14.30 18.97
Chrome M18.1 10.99 13.49

In case anyone is interested in the dual core tables, I bought this one and I like it. The drawback is that it took just about 2 weeks for it to arrive from China ( I did not care ), and after that there was a better deal from a local vendor and a known brand (I could not know). All in all, the tablet is pretty good. Very responsive, well built, good looking, great specs. Skype runs well, but outgoing video makes the call choppy and the video is blurry. Other than that I am pretty happy with the purchase.

I have a question. I bought two tablets in July and they came with 4.0.3 and just two weeks ago I bought two more and they came with 4.0.4 and run smoother and have newer features... Is there a way to pull the system off the newer pads and flash them to the previous tabs from july? thanks for the help.

Just bought mine recently and it broke already.

This arrived damaged.....packed correctly...box Not damaged. Mcbub wants it shipped to China and paypal agrees!
I bought this since it was shipped from USA in case of any need to return.
Shipping to china is 150.00. Beware of this scam.....PayPal does not come through with buyers protection.
Now attempting credit card dispute. Mcbub SUCKS.....A FRAUD! PayPal is scam pal ! Crooks!

my sister got this, two issues she indicates, the touch screen, she feels its not sensitive is there a way to increase sensitivity on the screen
the other is battery life, she reduced the brightness and wifi only when needed but she doesnt like the battery. Has anyone looked at adding a external usb battery and what kinda life is it giving you

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014