All Suits & Sportcoats
BUY 1* Get 3** FREE!

*Regular Price **Of Equal or Lesser Value

Member Summary

1 Suit (at reg price) Get 3 Free
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Because they look, feel, and wear like horseshit, mostly. Not to mention that if anyone ever sees the label on your jac... (more)

jd2010 (Jul. 26, 2012 @ 6:12p) |

do they charge anything for basic alteration, nothing fancy, just basic off the rack suits alteration. If so, it can get... (more)

richardyc (Jul. 26, 2012 @ 9:17p) |

Extended two more days

conjur (Jul. 27, 2012 @ 5:57a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Which line of suits are their best? I know that they are way over-priced, but obviously this is a great deal.

EDIT: I assume the most expensive ones are their nicest, but wanted to make sure.

chocula said:   Which line of suits are their best? I know that they are way over-priced, but obviously this is a great deal.

Personally, I have no idea. But I'm looking at their Stay Cool suits (esp for living in FL). $395 and I can have 4 suits? suh-WEET!

This deal really encourages overspending. I doubt very many people really need four new suits. That said, on a per-suit basis, this is one of the better deals you're going to see at JAB for their suits -- although I seem to recall them discounting some limited stock of suits at around 80% as a deal of the day once or twice before.

Most of JAB's suits aren't very good quality (e.g., Executive/Joseph). For entry/mid-level people who need to wear suits, they're fine. But the higher you go on the corporate ladder, the better-constructed your suits should be. For some brief reading about well-constructed suits, consider http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/31/menswear-perfect-suits-forbesli...

JAB's signature gold line consists of half-canvassed suits, which is pretty decent (but not amazing) value at 75% of their "list" price. My take is that the signature gold line is the best value for the money. Their platinum line is full-canvassed, but I think it's overpriced even at 75% off. I do own one of their signature suits that I bought several years ago -- the wool is very good quality, but the suit is somewhat stiff because it is fused (i.e., not canvassed) -- but it's no worse than any other fused suit.

And for my southern friends, great deal on seersuckers if you need four of them...

I liked their executive suits. However, I haven't had to wear one in quite some time.

Good find OP!. They refused to honor the last time $20 OFF coupon.

HKnight said:   This deal really encourages overspending. I doubt very many people really need four new suits.
Definitely correct. I rarely buy a single suit, no less 4. I really miss Syms. They had great prices and you could find some great suits there and you only had to buy 1.

A JAB story: heard a guy talking to someone else at my barber saying he was buying a suit for his daughter's wedding and had gone to JAB. They had the Buy 1 get 2 free sale. The guy said "I'm retired, I don't need 3 suits". But they wouldn't offer him a discount on just one. So he left.

If dont need so many, might be a good deal if have a friend or 3 friends also looking, and then get it together and split the cost.

Go shop with friends that might need a suit, too.

jaymez619 said:   Go shop with friends that might need a suit, too.

Or neighbors, family, random people in a grocery store....

conjur said:   jaymez619 said:   Go shop with friends that might need a suit, too.

Or neighbors, family, random people in a grocery store....

Or people browsing the suits section at the Jos A Bank store, make a shady secret sharing deal, where the other party pays for one suit, they get a second free one, while you yourself get 2 of them for free!

billrubin said:   HKnight said:   This deal really encourages overspending. I doubt very many people really need four new suits.
Definitely correct. I rarely buy a single suit, no less 4. I really miss Syms. They had great prices and you could find some great suits there and you only had to buy 1.

A JAB story: heard a guy talking to someone else at my barber saying he was buying a suit for his daughter's wedding and had gone to JAB. They had the Buy 1 get 2 free sale. The guy said "I'm retired, I don't need 3 suits". But they wouldn't offer him a discount on just one. So he left.

They just had a week where you could get:

-one suit for 70% off (I got one of these)

or

-one suit for %50 off and get the second one free

I couldn't decide on the second suit so I did the former.

If I needed 4 suits now, I'd definitely jump on this. Otherwise, 4 guys would have to go in on this deal together I guess.

Is this in store or only online? I would hate to buy suit without touching the fabrics first.

newsbinreporter said:   Is this in store or only online? I would hate to buy suit without touching the fabrics first.
Good question. Can't tell from their website but all of the sales have been in-store as well as online so far. Maybe head into a store, check out the suits, if they don't have the sale in-store go home and buy it online. Sales runs thru tomorrow.

newsbinreporter said:   Is this in store or only online? I would hate to buy suit without touching the fabrics first.It's in-store. I heard one of their frequent commercials with this deal.

THX OP IN FOR FOUR CRAPPY SUITS!

jaymez619 said:   Go shop with friends that might need a suit, too.

Or shop.pool...wait in front of store and announce ur looking for 3 suit interested people and share the cost...

Is that man suit? is ther a physical store?

I am all over this like ... a cheap suit

I miss Value City where you could get a decent suit made in SE Asia for $50.

TheWankeler said:   I am all over this like ... a cheap suit

Suit yourself.

zelty said:   Is that man suit? is ther a physical store?

Yes, it's men's clothing and they have B&Ms all over.
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/StoreLocatorView

I purchased two Executive suits (buy one get one)last year. First purchase from JAB. HUGE disappointment! I feel that the suits are very poor quality. I've only worn one of the suits one time for a job interview. Too self-conscious to wear them again. Some clothes can make you feel like a million bucks. These make me feel like I am wearing a suit from the Dollar General store. They could offer buy 1 get a hundred suits for free and I would not purchase again. Most of us here probably only need two suits at the most. My advice is to spend a little more and buy something of higher quality that you can be proud to wear to any event. Sure, you think you are getting a great deal, but the suits are poor quality and will not last long. There are always great sales on higher quality suits on the internet. Take the time, do some research, and you will be much happier with your purchase in the long run.

Quality varies across product lines. If you only wear suits to interviews, weddings, and funerals, any of their stuff is adequate. If you wear daily or care about fit, finish, and durability, their Siganture Gold stuff is pretty good. I would happily buy and wear that series, not really any of the others except possibly their inexpensive summer weight ones if I was travaeling somewhere muggy and needed a disposable suit for a few weeks or months. The link about suits from Forbes is spot on on what to look for in a suit.

I don't shop their except for neckties (their local store has nice sales and I buy 3-4 at a time to swap out with old neckties) but have closely examined and tried on most of their different suits and spoken with their staff. All are commission based so if you go in store, while not high pressure like a car dealer, you will get pushed shirts and shoes and whatnot.

Good return experience though.

If you're looking inexpensive, check out some of the stuff at Men's Wearhouse. Again, quality varies but consistently decent stuff I've found there...not always best values to be sure but not bad at all. Best luck I've had is Nordstrom's sales/rack. And for all folks, find a good local tailor (check dry cleaners nearby)...all sorts of clothes off the rack don't fit right and stores often make a killing on tailoring fees...worth knowing what size to buy and having it tailored on your own in my experience.

My understanding of their product lines from what I've bought. Increasing quality:
- Stay cool
- Executive
- Traveler
- Signature

Anything I've bought in Signature line was excellent. Traveler is good most of the times. Executive and Stay Cool are ok.

I have a couple of their Signature Gold suits and they have served me well - they are very comfortable and nice quality. I guess you have to just look for the right things at JAB.

I like JAB but every time I go to my local store I always feel uncomfortable with the sales associates. They seem very arrogant and snotty - the other day I went in to return something and it seemed like they were stalling to help me, even though they made eye contact and told me "we'll have someone assist you right away" - one associate was small-talking with some older gentleman (who looked like he was an executive at a large corporation) about golf. And the other was taking his sweet time helping another guy at the register. Once they were both done, they called the 'guy in the back' to help me out. Just a general observation, and I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but all the guys at the front initially happened to be white, and it seemed like they were just staring at me awkwardly when I came in. The 'guy in the back' they called up to help me just happened to be Latino/Hispanic. Needless to say, I just wanted to return the oversized golf polo and get out of there ASAP.

"I miss Value City where you could get a decent suit made in SE Asia for $50" They have upgraded to K&G Fashion Superstore! Where a suit is about $100!

Green for you, OP. 4 suits for $895 from their Signature series is about as good as you're going to do anywhere for the quality. If Joseph A. Bank suits are good enough for Ben Bernanke, then why wouldn't they be good enough for you?

If Bernanke keeps devaluing the US Dollar, that $895 will only buy you a pair of socks in a couple years.

Dawgswin said:   Green for you, OP. 4 suits for $895 from their Signature series is about as good as you're going to do anywhere for the quality. If Joseph A. Bank suits are good enough for Ben Bernanke, then why wouldn't they be good enough for you?

Because they look, feel, and wear like horseshit, mostly. Not to mention that if anyone ever sees the label on your jacket theyll instantly be unable to take you seriously even if they hadnt noticed that what you're wearing looks terrible.

do they charge anything for basic alteration, nothing fancy, just basic off the rack suits alteration. If so, it can get costly for 4 suits.

Extended two more days

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014