• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
NO Kohl's CC Required!

Sale runs: July 26-28th and possibly again (Not sure if the BOG1HO sale will still be going.) from Aug 3-5th. The second part of this sale MAY vary from State to State and be based upon a sales tax free holiday, should your State have one. Louisiana, where I am from, is having theirs from Aug 3-5th.

Cash Back opportunities for shopping at Kohl's to help offset sales taxes:
FatWallet: 2%
e-bates: 6% (You are OWNED by this site and you block their URL? )
ShopDiscover: 10%

So, most parents have two cars, or at least one car and a relative who helps transport their child, so getting two car seats per child is a pretty common occurrence. Besides, you can always find a friend to go in on this deal with you should you only need one seat.

Kohl's is running a Buy One Get One Half Price sale, PLUS $10 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent, an extra 20% off using coupon code SAVE20, and FREE shipping on the following brands and models of car seats:

First Years Infant Only Bucket Seats

First Years TrueFit Convertible Car Seats

Diono Radian Convertible Car Seats and Monteray Booster

These are all REALLY excellent car seats! The TrueFit convertibles have anti-rebound bars for safer rear facing, and their infant only bucket seats are one of the easiest car seats to install. As a bonus, you can get the Disney covers on sale as well, which is pretty rare. I own a TrueFit convertible and absolutely LOVE it, and previously owned a pair of Compass (First Years purchased Compass) infant only bucket seats, so I have a lot of personal experience with these seats, and they're really great. Highly recommended!

The Diono (Just changed their name from Sunshine Kids) Radian's have the highest top slots in the business, rear face to the highest weight in the business, forward face to the highest weight in the business, can be installed with LATCH up to the full weight limits of the car seat using SuperLATCH in 2005 and newer vehicles, folds up for easy storage/travel, can convert into booster seats, and are the narrowest convertible car seat made today. This means that they can give you TONS of extra room in your back seat, and are usually an integral part of making three car seats across in a back seat possible. I own a Radian XTSL (Now the RXT), and REALLY love the seat! The Diono Monterey booster seat is a fantastic booster for kids 4 years AND 40 lbs at the bare minimum, or greater.

I didn't want to make a separate post for each model and brand of car seat covered in this sale, so I've combined them all here in this post. This is also why I didn't include prices in the title, because there are so darned many! What I will do is give a sample price and savings breakdown for one of the car seats (Radian R120), and will add more price breakdowns for the rest of the seats tomorrow, as it's 3:30am and I'm just too darned tired to do them all now... LOL

Radian Car Seats:

R100: $285.00
R100: $142.50
----------------------
Sub: $427.50
-20% -$85.50
---------------------
Total: $342.00
+ $60 Kohl's Cash (Add $8 filler to get another $10 Kohl's Cash!)

R120: $335.00
R120: $167.50
----------------------
Sub: $502.50
-20% -$100.50
----------------------
Total: $402.00
+ $80 Kohl's Cash

RXT: $370.00
RXT: $185.00
-----------------------
Sub: $555.00
-20% -$110.00
-----------------------
Total: $444.00
+ $80 Kohl's Cash (Add $6.00 Filler to get another $10 Kohl's Cash!)

Monterey Booster: $165.00
Monterey Booster: $ 82.50
------------------------------------------
Sub: $247.50
-20% -$ 49.50
------------------------------------------
Total: $198.00
+ $30 Kohl's Cash (Add $2.00 filler to get another $10 Kohl's Cash!)

First Years Car Seats:

I470: $190.00 (Via infant only bucket seat.)
I470: $ 95.00
------------------------
Sub: $285.00
-20% -$ 57.00
------------------------
Total: $228.00
+ $40 Kohl's Cash

Via Disney: $225.00
Via Disney: $112.50
------------------------
Sub: $337.50
-20% -$ 67.50
------------------------
Total: $270.00
+ $50 Kohl's Cash

C650: $225.00
C650: $112.50
------------------------
Sub: $337.50
-20% -$ 67.50
------------------------
Total: $270.00
+ $50 Kohl's Cash

C670: $280.00 (C670 adds an anti-rebound bar to help absorb rebound forces in a crash for added protection!)
C670: $140.00
-----------------------
Sub: $420.00
-20% -$ 84.00
----------------------
Total: $336.00
+ $60 Kohl's Cash

So you will pay $201.00 each for a Radian R120, plus get $80 in Kohl's Cash to spend later. If you factor that into each seat, then your cost per seat is $161.00, and that is one heck of a good deal! Most parents have two cars, so this is great for getting a car seat for each vehicle. If you really only need one, then go in on this with another parent, or better yet one of the grandparents who will need a car seat for their vehicle anyways if they want to haul around their grandchild. Quite a good deal if you ask me!

You can save a bit more, if this sale on the Radian's is still going on at the time, from Aug 3-5th which is a Tax Free weekend in Louisiana. There is a very good chance that your state will be running a Tax Free weekend sometime around this sale, so check your local Kohl's to find out about buying your Radian's during that time to make sure the car seats will still be on sale during your states Tax Free weekend.

The RXT's are a little bit more ($370 each), but the savings are equally as good.

Kohl's
Need a Kohl's coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

kohls
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

First Years Via - Spiro
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

First Years Via - Elegance
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

First Years Via - Disney
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

True Fit C650 - Sticks & Stones
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

True Fit C650 - Disney
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

True Fit C670 - Elegance
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

Diono Radian R100 - Storm
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

Diono Radian R120 - Storm
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

Diono Radian RXT - Rugby
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

Diono Radian RXT - Storm
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

Diono Radian RXT - Spring
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer

Diono Monterey - Shadow
Thanks Wineaux
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Updated to add Cash Back opportunities to offset sales tax, and full Diono price breakdowns with Kohl's Cash and reminder to add small fillers to increase the amount of Kohl's Cash received.

Added First Years convertible car seats.

Added First Years infant only bucket seats.

All done! Enjoy!

Hurry, as it looks like some models and patterns are going out of stock! Kohl's had run out of R100's during the last sale and just got them back in stock. Now it looks like they may be out of stock again. If they show OOS for you, try clearing your Cache and reloading the Kohl's website. You might end up on another server that still has inventory at another warehouse. This is a trick used for clearance items and it does work sometimes. It can't hurt to try. If the item is OOS, you can either move to another seat, keep checking back to make sure that someone doesn't release a seat from their cart, or wait until the next iteration of this sale that runs from Aug 3-5 and hope they get more back in stock. If they do, make your purchase early (Sale starts at midnight!) to avoid another OOS issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014