• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get a ONE YEAR AARP Membership (new or renew)

wys $15 in ONE ORDER pre tax on W or Walgreens Brands Health/Wellness products.

A mail in form will print out at the register to fulfill your request to extend current or get new membership.

includes vitamins and supplements as well as all first aid/cold/stomach/Fem Hygiene, etc type items. See page 54-55 off current Coupon Book at front of stores for complete details.

ends 8/25

MODS- plz leave in HOT DEALS as this is for AARP membership!

Member Summary

walgreens
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Buy some vitamins, or cotton balls, etc

LORENW (Aug. 15, 2012 @ 10:59a) |

I spent more than $15 a couple times this month and got one RR for the free AARP membership each time. Has anyone sent i... (more)

heythere (Aug. 18, 2012 @ 11:51p) |

Was wondering if anyone has an extra slip they could send me. Lost the one I was suppose to give my Mom. Thanks!!

zipperer (Aug. 26, 2012 @ 5:50p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks MISTERCHEAP

thanks op as always get it renewed for another year 4 free.

Thanks!

is there a link to this offer and is this for all Walgreens?

I did this the last time it was run, and they extended my membership for another year, since I was already a member.

shallot said:   is there a link to this offer and is this for all Walgreens?

It is in the store flyer, and Sunday paper add. A mail in form prints at the checkout.

shallot said:   is there a link to this offer and is this for all Walgreens?

yes, this is nationwide at all Walgreens stores. as noted in op, all details are their coupon book for August avail. near the circulars when you enter the store. on page 54-55.

Thank you Mister Cheap. Great find. Green for you.

Sorry, I can not support AARPs agenda even for free.

Did anyone else combine the offers ($15 in WAGS health and $20 overall), use their AARP card and NOT get the print out? Mine would not print out offer for membership extension. Manager is looking into it and will call me, but wondering if anyone else had similar experience. Thanks! PS--it did print out the $5 off coupon.

Gertrude23 said:   Did anyone else combine the offers ($15 in WAGS health and $20 overall), use their AARP card and NOT get the print out? Mine would not print out offer for membership extension. Manager is looking into it and will call me, but wondering if anyone else had similar experience. Thanks! PS--it did print out the $5 off coupon.

My suggestion if that happens:

Have the manager return/rebuy just the $15 in Wags health items and see if it prints then. It might be a tech glitch that one is bumping off the other, but there s/b no reason you don't qualify for both offers.

Note to self: don't let 'em know I'm already an AARP member.

They never could get it to work (kept telling me it was a corporate error--that you really had to spend $20). I ended up asking for a $20 Gift Card instead, which the manager happily gave me with his apologies. I had just guessed value. Just looked it up and it is $16, so turned out ok. Strange that I was the only person with the problem.
MISTERCHEAP said:   Gertrude23 said:   Did anyone else combine the offers ($15 in WAGS health and $20 overall), use their AARP card and NOT get the print out? Mine would not print out offer for membership extension. Manager is looking into it and will call me, but wondering if anyone else had similar experience. Thanks! PS--it did print out the $5 off coupon.

My suggestion if that happens:

Have the manager return/rebuy just the $15 in Wags health items and see if it prints then. It might be a tech glitch that one is bumping off the other, but there s/b no reason you don't qualify for both offers.

Gertrude23 said:   They never could get it to work (kept telling me it was a corporate error--that you really had to spend $20). I ended up asking for a $20 Gift Card instead, which the manager happily gave me with his apologies. I had just guessed value. Just looked it up and it is $16, so turned out ok. Strange that I was the only person with the problem.
MISTERCHEAP said:   Gertrude23 said:   Did anyone else combine the offers ($15 in WAGS health and $20 overall), use their AARP card and NOT get the print out? Mine would not print out offer for membership extension. Manager is looking into it and will call me, but wondering if anyone else had similar experience. Thanks! PS--it did print out the $5 off coupon.

My suggestion if that happens:

Have the manager return/rebuy just the $15 in Wags health items and see if it prints then. It might be a tech glitch that one is bumping off the other, but there s/b no reason you don't qualify for both offers.


I wonder if one of the items you purchased wasn't coded right in the system to generate the Catalina coupon, I haven't seen any other "problem reports" posted other than yours, so hopefully it wasn't a widespread issue.

Can anyone tell me what is the benefit of being an AARP member? We get mailings from AARP at least twice a week.

wh0ligan said:   Can anyone tell me what is the benefit of being an AARP member? We get mailings from AARP at least twice a week.

you do get access to some discounts/perks that are offered only to AARP cardholders.

For instance, at Walgreens right now, if they scan your card and you spend $20+ in one order, you get a $5 off $5 coupon. Lim 1 to 8/25.

They also have online coupon offers to print, savings on various services (auto insurance, medical/RX plans, travel services, etc).

For free it's worth having, I've made $30 or more just off the monthly Walgreens offers they put out this year.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Get a ONE YEAR AARP Membership (new or renew)

wys $15 in ONE ORDER pre tax on W or Walgreens Brands Health/Wellness products.



Too bad the $15 has to be Walgreens brand products. We don't buy or use store brand health items, not sure about their quality.

niniss said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Get a ONE YEAR AARP Membership (new or renew)

wys $15 in ONE ORDER pre tax on W or Walgreens Brands Health/Wellness products.



Too bad the $15 has to be Walgreens brand products. We don't buy or use store brand health items, not sure about their quality.


they guarantee their products, if you don't like them you return them for an unconditional MBG. I mean, look at all the recalls on major brands, like Excedrin, Tylenol, etc the last 2 years, like the name brands quality are that great??

wh0ligan said:   Can anyone tell me what is the benefit of being an AARP member? We get mailings from AARP at least twice a week.

Besides the Walgreens discounts, Hotel chains offer an AARP discount. I stay at Wyhdham and Choice properties, I Book through FW to get that CashBack, plus use the rewards to gather points tradeable for gift cards, plus get about 10% off the best rates on hotels, and of course you also save a bit on tax as well, since hotels are taxed up to 15%. I figure about $10 average per night for an AARP discount savings, plus the FW and rewards benifits.

Add to that a CashBack creditcard to pay, and now your stacking 4-5 discounts, isn't fun ??

niniss said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Get a ONE YEAR AARP Membership (new or renew)

wys $15 in ONE ORDER pre tax on W or Walgreens Brands Health/Wellness products.



Too bad the $15 has to be Walgreens brand products. We don't buy or use store brand health items, not sure about their quality.


Buy some vitamins, or cotton balls, etc

I spent more than $15 a couple times this month and got one RR for the free AARP membership each time. Has anyone sent in more than one and gotten multi-year extensions? TIA.

Was wondering if anyone has an extra slip they could send me. Lost the one I was suppose to give my Mom. Thanks!!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014