• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Virgin Mobile LG Rumor Touch $19.99 + tax-free shipping! Best Buy

Best Buy has the LG Rumor Touch for $19.99 + tax. Free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Virgin+Mobile+-+LG+Rumor+Touch+No-Co... &cp=1&lp=1

Decent phone for texters. It does have Opera Mini available for web browsing.

cpcollector op

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile discounts that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Virgin Mobile LG Rumor Touch
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
can i use this on my assurance wirless account

thornton4712 (Jul. 31, 2012 @ 6:05p) |

i called & assurance wirless says the touch and rumor 2 can use

sarienya (Aug. 16, 2012 @ 9:38p) |

but the line for 19.99 from best buy does not work at all

sarienya (Aug. 16, 2012 @ 9:39p) |

This model is for Beyond Talk accounts only. No PayLo.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does it have ice cream sandwich?

fatxman said:   Does it have ice cream sandwich?

No but it looks like one.

Thanks. got one.

Once again, BB charges the tax of the old price, not the sale price.

tax on my order is less than $2.

I need a cheap Optimus V! Shape writer/swype has turned me off to keyboard phones!

thanks! I will try

So cheap! thanks

I think the keyboard is a little small....

osuuma said:   Once again, BB charges the tax of the old price, not the sale price.

In California, the evil BoE has decided that sales tax applies to the "pre-discount" price, at all times. Any discounts, clearance, instant rebate pricing must be rolled back to calculate tax.

It's insane. If I drop the price, I charge tax based on $19.99, but if I sell a $200 item with a $180 discount/rebate, you have to pay sales tax on the full $200.

Only way to change it would be with a ballot measure, which would be fought by the unions that are fearing state bankruptcy.

It's so sad my state will be the first ever to file for bankruptcy.

the price is just as attractive as the phone!

Note that a Rumor Touch will only work on Beyond Talk accounts. This is not the phone for you if you're on a PayLo account or a grandfathered 18c/min account.

Does this have wifi?
Can this be a cheap mp3 player?

thanks

Basset said:   Does this have wifi?

thanks

You can use it as an MP3, but it does not have wi-fi. It has it's own OS (not android). Mini sd slot is avaialable.

osuuma said:   Once again, BB charges the tax of the old price, not the sale price.

If B B is in fact properly turning sales tax over to the states and localities, the base on which it sales tax charged is a function of the type of discount and the laws of the various states. Plenty to complain about at what is now often W B but that is more appropriate when the complaints are appropriate.

Is this a CDMA or GSM ? Can this be unlocked ?

kzookid said:   Basset said:   Does this have wifi?

thanks

You can use it as an MP3, but it does not have wi-fi. It has it's own OS (not android). Mini sd slot is avaialable.

thanks

wow, this is a cool Deal! Thanks OP!.
I know this is CDMA, but can we still unlock it and use on Verizon?

excoriatorb said:   Note that a Rumor Touch will only work on Beyond Talk accounts. This is not the phone for you if you're on a PayLo account or a grandfathered 18c/min account.

How did you find out this info? It is showing up as a viable replacement phone on my minute2minute account.

My daughter used a Rumor Touch for a couple of years on both the Beyond Talk and PayLo plans. The daughter and my wife both switched from Virgin Mobile to T-Mobile last year, so things might have changed.

The Rumor Touch is a nice phone for what it is, a feature phone. They are fairly rugged, provide decent voice quality, and are great for texting. The Touch Screen isn't as responsive as a shiny new Android, but you have to remember the Rumor Touch has been around for years and uses much older technology for the touch screen.

At this price, this would be a really nice replacement for anybody with an older dumb phone, or non touch screen feature phone who are looking to step up to a nicer phone, but don't want to spend much money, or move up to a full smart phone. I may be way off on this, but I seem to remember my daughter really liking the calender feature on this phone.

Butcherboy said:   Virgin Mobile LG Rumor Touch $19.99 + tax-free shipping! Best Buy

cpcollector op

I do not see any tax free shipping.
I am in Oregon, no tax here at all, but I almost ordered the phone to be shipped
to my son in California and it had sales tax added.

mrsdealchecker said:   wow, this is a cool Deal! Thanks OP!.

No, Verizon won't accept non-Verizon branded phones. CDMA is a bit trickier than GSM...it's not a matter of just unlocking the phone.

Can I use this on my Sprint account?

Sales tax is based on the shipping address, not billing address. That's standard.

yesidonoitall said:   Butcherboy said:   Virgin Mobile LG Rumor Touch $19.99 + tax-free shipping! Best Buy

cpcollector op

I am in Oregon, no tax here at all, but I almost ordered the phone to be shipped

AcidSpectrum said:   Sales tax is based on the shipping address, not billing address. That's standard.

yesidonoitall said:   Butcherboy said:   Virgin Mobile LG Rumor Touch $19.99 + tax-free shipping! Best Buy

cpcollector op

Yes I know that.
It appeared to me as the op saying
TAX FREE IF SHIPPED
Rumor Touch $19.99 + tax-free shipping! Best Buy

But that is not the case...

"TAX FREE IF SHIPPED" makes no sense to me at all, I've never seen that, and definitely not from Best Buy that has B&M business in CA.

yesidonoitall said:   AcidSpectrum said:   Sales tax is based on the shipping address, not billing address. That's standard.

cpcollector op

Yes I know that.
It appeared to me as the op saying
TAX FREE IF SHIPPED
Rumor Touch $19.99 + tax-free shipping! Best Buy

But that is not the case...

TextYou will need a magnifying glass to read the letters....I bought one and sent the thing back.
Its that price because its crap.

No free shipping for me. I have to do store pick-up. Gas at $3.55 /gal hmmmm.

ProppaT said:   mrsdealchecker said:   wow, this is a cool Deal! Thanks OP!.

No, Verizon won't accept non-Verizon branded phones. CDMA is a bit trickier than GSM...it's not a matter of just unlocking the phone.

What about AT&T?

No on Sprint and no on AT&T.

snickerdoodlevc said:   No on Sprint and no on AT&T.

So even if you unlock it, it won't work with an AT&T sim card?

Mektarus said:   snickerdoodlevc said:   No on Sprint and no on AT&T.

So even if you unlock it, it won't work with an AT&T sim card?

CMDA doesn't use sim card, so no.

TheRatsWon said:   excoriatorb said:   Note that a Rumor Touch will only work on Beyond Talk accounts. This is not the phone for you if you're on a PayLo account or a grandfathered 18c/min account.

How did you find out this info? It is showing up as a viable replacement phone on my minute2minute account.

http://answers.virginmobileusa.com/answers/5166/product/vmm510lg...

Question
can this phone be used with paylo?
asked 6 months ago by shawn on LG Rumor Touch

Answer
No. The LG Rumor Touch is a Beyond Talk phone and requires a Beyond Talk plan from Virgin Mobile USA. The payLo plans require a payLo phone from Virgin Mobile USA. You can buy payLo phones on this website or at local stores which you can find by clicking on Find Store at the top of this page. Phones from other carriers or sources will not work with payLo plans. http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/paylo-plans.jsp?...

No ice cream sandwich, no HDMI. Pass. On a serious note though, these long instructions for unlocking this phone are located here. I'm going to try this out and see if it's going to work with PagePlus.

excoriatorb said:   TheRatsWon said:   excoriatorb said:   Note that a Rumor Touch will only work on Beyond Talk accounts. This is not the phone for you if you're on a PayLo account or a grandfathered 18c/min account.

http://answers.virginmobileusa.com/answers/5166/product/vmm510lg...

Question
can this phone be used with paylo?
asked 6 months ago by shawn on LG Rumor Touch

Answer
No. The LG Rumor Touch is a Beyond Talk phone and requires a Beyond Talk plan from Virgin Mobile USA. The payLo plans require a payLo phone from Virgin Mobile USA. You can buy payLo phones on this website or at local stores which you can find by clicking on Find Store at the top of this page. Phones from other carriers or sources will not work with payLo plans. http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/paylo-plans.jsp?...

Thank you Excoriatorb, guess I'll take it back if Virgin Mobile won't let me transfer to it.

unavailable in my area. How can I get one? Thanks.

Farmer said:   unavailable in my area. How can I get one? Thanks.Instead of your home zip code, use a zip code in another part of the country where you've got friends or relatives who might help you. If you find one, order it online for pickup at that store. Contact your friend or family member and have drive to the store to pick up your order.

A store 40 miles from one of my relatives has this in stock. The deal IMO wasn't worth asking someone to make an 80 mile round trip for 1 phone.

Skipping 3 Messages...
but the line for 19.99 from best buy does not work at all

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014