• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.kmart.com/craftsman-hollow-chisel-mortiser-or25101/p-... , I happen to have this exact machine(tho I paid a lot more) and it works great making square holes in wood and is fairly highly rated in the WW world, If you need one get it otherwise stick to the drill bit/mallet/chisel for your square holes

Kmart.com
See Kmart.com discounts that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Craftsman Mortising Machine (11.73kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
800-266-9079

buster2 (Sep. 22, 2012 @ 9:16a) |

The link now takes you to the "Craftsman Door Mortise Kit" product.

billymac (Sep. 22, 2012 @ 10:35a) |

making joints

bigcat007 (Sep. 22, 2012 @ 1:41p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Nice tool, looks like a good deal. You can also buy it at the same price from Sears (Craftsman site), and pick up at a local store to save that big shipping fee. Providing of course they have it in stock...

Craftsman - Hollow Chisel Mortiser (OR25101)

Get the Shop your way free shipping down to 2 sents with this code MAX4FREE code to sign up, you can cancel anytime within the 1st 3 months with no penalty

Better hurry ,I think these will go fast for the WW out there, also nice xmas gift, also availanle at Sears

so what is this used for?

buster2 said:   http://www.kmart.com/craftsman-hollow-chisel-mortiser-or25101/p-... , I happen to have this exact machine(tho I paid a lot more) and it works great making square holes in wood and is fairly highly rated in the WW world, If you need one get it otherwise stick to the drill bit/mallet/chisel for your square holes

you forgot router/template. Thats what I use.

brotherhpj said:   so what is this used for?
mortising....duh

(if you don't know what it's for, you won't need one....don't worry)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mortising

usadaytrader said:   buster2 said:   http://www.kmart.com/craftsman-hollow-chisel-mortiser-or25101/p-... , I happen to have this exact machine(tho I paid a lot more) and it works great making square holes in wood and is fairly highly rated in the WW world, If you need one get it otherwise stick to the drill bit/mallet/chisel for your square holes

you forgot router/template. Thats what I use.

Those work fine as well, but not for deep mortising. I have found these to be better from a production standpoint as once its setup you just go to it rather than adjusting and readjusting with w router and template, but you are correct you can use a router and template as well

Sweet! Got the last one in stock for pickup. Thanks OP

Entire area around me has no stock for in store pickup. Shipping is $47, so it really kills this deal. Otherwise, if you can find in store pickup, nice deal.

themachine said:   Entire area around me has no stock for in store pickup. Shipping is $47, so it really kills this deal. Otherwise, if you can find in store pickup, nice deal.

Use this code MAX4FREE to get free shipping for 2 cents then drop out of the program within 3 months at no obligation or cost, Its the syw rewards program shipping deal being offered now

So for MAX4FREE are you joining SYW as a new member or using it as existing?

buster2 said:   themachine said:   Entire area around me has no stock for in store pickup. Shipping is $47, so it really kills this deal. Otherwise, if you can find in store pickup, nice deal.

Use this code MAX4FREE to get free shipping for 2 cents then drop out of the program within 3 months at no obligation or cost, Its the syw rewards program shipping deal being offered now

MAX4FREE give me:

The coupon code you entered isn't correct. Please try again

A holder is mentioned as being included. What about chisels? Are any included?

It comes with 4 mortising chisels & bits 1/4", 5/16" 3/8" and 1/2"

Bagofchips said:   So for MAX4FREE are you joining SYW as a new member or using it as existing?

existing

brotherhpj said:   buster2 said:   themachine said:   Entire area around me has no stock for in store pickup. Shipping is $47, so it really kills this deal. Otherwise, if you can find in store pickup, nice deal.

MAX4FREE give me:

The coupon code you entered isn't correct. Please try again

Sorry,may have been 1 time use

You can get the store to order one for you in case they have no stock in store currently and still get the deal without having to pay for shipping

You can get the store to order one for you in case they have no stock in store currently and still get the deal without having to pay for shipping

brotherhpj said:   so what is this used for? It solves that age old problem of "How do you put a square peg into a round hole?"

Pauldow said:   brotherhpj said:   so what is this used for? It solves that age old problem of "How do you put a square peg into a round hole?"
shoot it at high speed through one of those machines with curved rotating blades....

crib (663.66kB)
Disclaimer
When you have to make a hundred or so mortise and tenon joints, one of these in invaluable.....

to all who purchased. Sears has recognized that the chisels included were sub-standard. They will replace at no cost until Dec 2012
this is per WOOD magazine issue 211

800-266-9079

The link now takes you to the "Craftsman Door Mortise Kit" product.

brotherhpj said:   so what is this used for?making joints

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014