• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sam's Club Open House Aug 3rd-5th (Most States)

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=op...

Samís Club is having a FREE Back to School Open House for everyone who is not a member. There is no service fee for anything that you might purchase during this event. New members who sign up during this event will receive a $10 Samís Club Gift Card. A good chance for non-members to grab some of those Sam's Club deals that have been floating around.

It is August 3rd thru 5th in most states. Check the list below for details on exact dates for your state.

Thanks to gassyjoe the OP

Member Summary

Sam's Club Open House Aug 3rd-5th
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks op was at the last free one about 2 months ago. they are coming closer. thats good

thanks op!

Thanks,
tax free weekend will be available in AL, AR, CT, FL, GA, IA, LA, MD, MO, MS, NC, NM, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA.
Does this mean Open House available only these states?

Hmmm. Too bad they aren't offering anything for renewals, my membership is up on the 8th.

Thanks for the info!
when I go to sam's webpage, I can not find the info about 10$ gift card...

Thanks for the heads up on when not to go shopping!

Just went To my local store in grand prairie, tx and they said not open house this weekend here. Not until
The end of the month

Edit: wrong info

Isnt there still an upcharge for non members vs members??

YankeeRedneck said:   Isnt there still an upcharge for non members vs members??

There is no service fee for anything that you might purchase during this event

sams club would do well to just open house everyday, that is if they're serious about competing with costco's revenue. nothing in there is worth paying for membership IMHO

Agreed...Went Saturday. I just don't get it. We can do much better with smart shopping for groceries other places and not pay for a membership. Atleast in the Michigan market....Still we go everytime hoping the next visit will change our minds, but are always disappointed.

SteelRing said:   sams club would do well to just open house everyday, that is if they're serious about competing with costco's revenue. nothing in there is worth paying for membership IMHO

My Sams club seems to carry many of the same items that Costco does. Don't see much of a difference.

I save quite a bit on gasoline, meats, and most foods. An example is bread flour--I bought 25lbs for $7-$8, where at the grocery 5lbs is $4-$5. Frozen foods are plenty cheaper, too. For ground beef, I buy 10lbs of 90/10 at ~$2.90/lb. My grocery store charges a bit more for the crappy 80/20 stuff.

If you have the freezer space, the cupboard space, and the desire to save a bit, a Sam's membership pays for itself. I probably save about $300-$400 per year.

ltjtx said:   Just went To my local store in grand prairie, tx and they said not open house this weekend here. Not until
The end of the month

From Sams Club webpage:
Open House for the state of Texas will be online August 3-5 and in-Club August 17-19

Thanks Freddie you just saved me trip.
freddie4x4 said:   ltjtx said:   Just went To my local store in grand prairie, tx and they said not open house this weekend here. Not until
The end of the month

From Sams Club webpage:
Open House for the state of Texas will be online August 3-5 and in-Club August 17-19

SteelRing said:   sams club would do well to just open house everyday, that is if they're serious about competing with costco's revenue. nothing in there is worth paying for membership IMHO

I save enough on buying gas to pay for my card.

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   SteelRing said:   sams club would do well to just open house everyday, that is if they're serious about competing with costco's revenue. nothing in there is worth paying for membership IMHO

I save enough on buying gas to pay for my card.

no pumps at all at the 2 sammys around here

I tried to go to this tax free weekend open house in Brownsville, TX today and was told I would have a 10% service charge. Called the corporate CS and they said it was true. Nasty way to have an open house.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014