• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
buydig offers the Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical Fisheye Lens for Canon, model no. FE8M-C, (pictured) for $299. Coupon code "photopro70" drops it to $229. It features an ultra-wide 180 diagonal field-of-view.
LINK

Member Summary

pic
Thanks sartor
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

After researching and watching for a long time, I finally bought one of these last year on eBay. I wanted an inexpensive wide angle lens. While it's manual, I highly recommend this. I use it on my T2i, and it's the most fun I've had with the camera!

RBiddy said:   After researching and watching for a long time, I finally bought one of these last year on eBay. I wanted an inexpensive wide angle lens. While it's manual, I highly recommend this. I use it on my T2i, and it's the most fun I've had with the camera!

So how does a manual lens work on your T2i. Do you get any metering at all or do you need to use an external light meter?

kimgkimg said:   RBiddy said:   After researching and watching for a long time, I finally bought one of these last year on eBay. I wanted an inexpensive wide angle lens. While it's manual, I highly recommend this. I use it on my T2i, and it's the most fun I've had with the camera!

So how does a manual lens work on your T2i. Do you get any metering at all or do you need to use an external light meter?

It doesn't put your camera to manual, just the lens. Exposure/metering and all work just fine, even the focus confirmation works. At 8mm you don't even need to worry about focusing much, especially if you drop down several stops. Just learn couple hyper focal points and you're good to go. E.g. on crop sensor, 8mm and F10, hyper focal is just one feet and inch or two, so manual will work perfect.

Coupon does not work I want this really bad

The lens is manual focus and aperture. It seems to do everything else fine. I paid $250 a year ago. It was new on eBay. That price might still be around if you check.

EthanWeisinger said:   Coupon does not work I want this really bad

They will honor the coupon if you call their sales department. They have an internal email about it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014