• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Nothing But Software
See Nothing But Software promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

windows 7 (16.96kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Here is the Media Refresh links for the newest version of SP1 for the OS.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Maybe this will interest someone "Clean install Windows 7 with upgrade media" Here I've never tried this - just happened to run across this article. YMMV

Whether shipping is included or not, still a decent price for something that *might* be a bit rare -- Microsoft intended it to be a limited time offer, expecting the family packs to sell out fairly soon after released. Bear in mind these are pre-SP1, so might use a more recent ISO & save yourself a lot of time updating.

wtjc said:   You might correct the post to show that shipping is free. See upper right hand corner of site.

Someone else just said that shipping is not free. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong? YMMV

It seems that the little free shipping truck icon needs to appear next to the "Add to Cart" button in the product description page to receive free shiping for a particular product. This item does not have the free shipping icon in the description so I think the shipping is not free and the OP's title is correct.

Seems like a great deal. Anyone ordered from this place before? Are they legit?

VirtuaL said:   Seems like a great deal. Anyone ordered from this place before? Are they legit?

They have been around a long time.

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--30216.ht...

I just purchased 2 family packs from recent Buy dot com deals for $92-94 each shipped so this is a nice $10 savings. It works out to $28 per install.

VirtuaL said:   Seems like a great deal. Anyone ordered from this place before? Are they legit?

Its been awhile , but Ive ordered from the site in the past with no problems . If I rember correctly this site has been around for well over 10+ yrs .

This is a good deal imo .

Isn't windows 8 coming out in a few weeks? Maybe they also have some good deals on Windows 3.1.

humphreydog said:   Isn't windows 8 coming out in a few weeks? Maybe they also have some good deals on Windows 3.1.

I, for one, am not about to install Windows 8 on my main desktop or anyone else computer. Secondary fine. Windows 8 seems to be designed more for laptops, net books, etc. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure doesn't seem like it. Win 7 is a good system.

alright, i'll bite, my old and crusty XP machine i built back in 2006 just died from either powersupply or hard drive failure. I think I will just have to build another one with the latest ivy bridge and such and with 16GB RAM so cheap there is no way I could run XP on newly built machine today.

Down for mine...

Just what I need for my iMac! I still have my old license for XP, so it's valid. Green for the OP!

samdix said:    Green for the OP!

Thanks for the green!

wtjc said:   Maybe this will interest someone "Clean install Windows 7 with upgrade media" Here I've never tried this - just happened to run across this article. YMMV

I've tried it, and it works beautifully. I followed the instructions in this same article a month or two ago, installed Windows 7 Pro on a newly-built home PC using an upgrade disk, no problems. The little registry hack worked like a charm.

Good price. Thank you for your sharing here.

ktg said:   wtjc said:   Maybe this will interest someone "Clean install Windows 7 with upgrade media" Here I've never tried this - just happened to run across this article. YMMV

I've tried it, and it works beautifully. I followed the instructions in this same article a month or two ago, installed Windows 7 Pro on a newly-built home PC using an upgrade disk, no problems. The little registry hack worked like a charm.
i wonder if i start the clean install with the regular retail home premium (not upgrade pack) disc and then just enter the upgrade key when activating, will this trick still work?

ktg said:   wtjc said:   Maybe this will interest someone "Clean install Windows 7 with upgrade media" Here I've never tried this - just happened to run across this article. YMMV

Good to know - Thanks for the verification. This is one of the things that makes FW so valuable to me and others. Green

Dang, I missed it. It's no longer available

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014