Save: - $101.00
Now: $648.99
Instant Savings: - $49.00
Rebate: See Details
Price before rebate: $599.99

$100 off any 7enovo computer coupon
=http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBQF-qvB7SHGCB8tFdbNlGAPgZr/coupon.html?n=8242&COUPON_1=57162= - B&M coupon
Online or phone coupon code: 87579
$499.99AC

B&M only: $5 off $50 coupon: =http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBQF-qvB7SHGCB8tFdbNlGAPgZr/coupon.html?n=8253&COUPON_1=10286=
$495.99AC

Students! Get a $100 VISA Prepaid Card when you buy select Laptops and show your student ID. See Rebate for additional details
-Get a $100 Visa (R) Prepaid Card Mail In Rebate on Select Laptops (SKUs 932061, 932133, 931106, 931147) with a VALID STUDENT ID at $taples.com
Rebate Offer Number: 12-96392
-Get a $100 Visa (R) Prepaid Card with the Purchase of Select Laptops (SKUs 932061, 932133, 931106, 931147) WHEN A VALID STUDENT ID IS PRESENTED at $taples Stores ONLY
Rebate Offer Number: 12-96391

Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M 2.5GHz 3MB L3 C@che Processor; Enjoy an automatic burst of speed when you need it with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
8GB DDR3 Installed Memory
750GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
15.6" HD LED-backlit Display (1366 x 768)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium simplifies your life and when you Buy Microsoft Office 2010, you can experience new ways to deliver your best work

Member Summary

Lenovo Ideapad Z580-2151-28U 15.6" i5-3210M 8GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
this ended up being quite a sweet deal. I really like this lappy. After I uninstalled all the bloatware, thing is really... (more)

lairdwd (Aug. 05, 2012 @ 9:19a) |

good price.

Happyadeal (Aug. 05, 2012 @ 9:43a) |

Coupon has expired-deal does not exist.

procurementcentral (Oct. 23, 2012 @ 1:00p) |

Rebate reward: Windows 8 Upgrade Offer

Purchase dates: 06-02-2012 through 11-17-2012
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Buy any Windows 7 PC and we will reimburse the cost of the upgrade to Windows 8 with a $15 Visa (R) Prepaid Card once you have upgraded.. The upgrade will be available from Microsoft in October.
Rebate Offer Number: 12-91488

You must submit for this rebate and meet all promotional criteria. If you return the product, you will be invalid for this promotion. If valid for this promotion, you will receive an email with instructions and a link that will allow you to claim your Visa prepaid card after you have installed the Windows 8 upgrade. You will need to enter the confirmation code received from Microsoft after installing the Windows 8 upgrade, along with your rebate tracking number for final validation. You will have until 1/15/2013 to submit once your download is complete. Limit 5 rebates per name/address/household.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hello, sorry i am new to this (im sure you get to read this one a lot)...this seems like a good deal, i tried to order this laptop through Staples.com, but i cant figure out how to apply my student ID discount, do i register my ID with them? or does this only work for instore purchases?...thank you

I am trying to figure out how the price arrives at $399.99. Do I have this correct: $599.99 before rebates less $100.00 off Lenovo coupon less $100.00 with student ID (my wife is) = $399.99?

If that is true, then is the $5 of $50 B&M coupon also stackable, making this actually $394.99??

lindyn said:   I am trying to figure out how the price arrives at $399.99. Do I have this correct: $599.99 before rebates less $100.00 off Lenovo coupon less $100.00 with student ID (my wife is) = $399.99?

If that is true, then is the $5 of $50 B&M coupon also stackable, making this actually $394.99??

It will be $494.99 acs plus tax, then you submit for the $100 Visa Rebate w/student ID.

fastalexx said:   hello, sorry i am new to this (im sure you get to read this one a lot)...this seems like a good deal, i tried to order this laptop through Staples.com, but i cant figure out how to apply my student ID discount, do i register my ID with them? or does this only work for instore purchases?...thank you

you submit a copy of your student ID with the rebate form. It's not an instant discount.

This deal isn't going to fly. Did you read the terms of both promotions? I did. One says you need the Staples.com original packing slip, the other says you need the original rebate form spit out at the register from an in store purchase.

lairdwd said:   This deal isn't going to fly. Did you read the terms of both promotions? I did. One says you need the Staples.com original packing slip, the other says you need the original rebate form spit out at the register from an in store purchase.
How did you purchase?

Staples Stores ONLY: You can submit online or mail-in.
To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate: Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send only the completed rebate redemption form printed from the cash register. You may also send the submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the PDF submission form provided by a Staples store along with your rebate receipt.

Staples.com: Mail-in only.
This rebate is NOT eligible for online submission and must be mailed. To mail rebate: Staples.COM/CATALOG PURCHASE - For Staples.com, in-store kiosk or phone printer purchases, submit ORIGINAL rebate redemption form along with a copy of your Packing Slip received with your Laptop purchase.

^^^ what do you mean how did I purchase? Did you even read the thing you cut and pasted? Anyway, there is a 5 page thread on SD confirming exactly what I said. This deal isn't going to fly. At best, you can try some Kiosk tricks, but that won't work either in my experience.

lairdwd - I can't seem to find the 5-page thread on SD. Could you please post the link?

Cannot apply the $5 coupon in conjunction with the $100 instant savings... I already tried but $5 isn't gonna break my bank so it's ok.

Does anyone know if the student rebate is limited to one per student? I was told this in store, but I just wanted to know about the rest of yall's experience with this deal.

It says up to 3 rebates per student

lindyn said:   lairdwd - I can't seem to find the 5-page thread on SD. Could you please post the link?

That's because it doesn't exist. He made it up because he couldn't comprehend simple instructions. You can make this purchase online or in store, online using coupon code 87579, or in store using the printable coupon. That brings the price down to 499 + tax.

If you purchased it online, you need to submit a copy of your student ID along with your rebate to get the 100 dollar prepaid card. If in store, you need to show your student ID at time of purchase.

599 - 100 coupon - 100 prepaid = 399 + tax.

lairdwd said:   ^^^ what do you mean how did I purchase? Did you even read the thing you cut and pasted? Anyway, there is a 5 page thread on SD confirming exactly what I said. This deal isn't going to fly. At best, you can try some Kiosk tricks, but that won't work either in my experience.

I actually suggested this laptop on SD yesterday when an OP over there posted the $100 coupon.

There are 2 different MIRs for student IDs- one for Staples.com, one for B&M. OP here is NOT saying to double-dip the rebate, rather to use the $100 *coupon* Staples sent out on Lenovos. You cannot double-dip that rebate.

If you could double dip the rebate it would be $299 AR, but as you said, that would not fly- and OP stated a $399 AR price- so only 1 Student MIR.

I think this is a decent deal, but honestly I'm looking for something with dedicated graphics and I realize I probably can't find something decent for $400, but I'd rather drop another $100 and be happy. I'm not saying the HD4000 (or HD3000- Staples.com says HD3000 even though this is an i5 Gen3) is bad, but I'd like to do some light gaming on it.

njdealguy said:   It says up to 3 rebates per student

Got off of chat with Staples. They told me only one per student. Anyone else hear differently?

scw4ng said:   njdealguy said:   It says up to 3 rebates per student

Got off of chat with Staples. They told me only one per student. Anyone else hear differently?

I called in and that's the same thing they told me even though it seems like the wording of the rebate indicates up to three per student.

The form on the website seems to indicate that the limit is infact 3.

So would you consider a good, hot....or is it just a fair deal at $399. As doesnt seem to be getting "green" but I cant recall when last saw a i5 laptop with 8 gb ram/750gb hd at this price or less.

Moreover, what would your opinion be for this laptop deal at $399, versus the other HP with AMD A6-4400M deal for $349? Which is probably a better value? Sorry if question sounds dumb but just trying to weigh the options.

The other deal thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1208698/

seems like a pretty good deal. See if they can honer my student id even I just graduated

My bad. You are right. Green for OP! I had ordered the HP with the AMD chip for $50 less, but this seems like a no-brainer for the I-5, 4 extra GB memory, and other upgrades for only $50 more

njdealguy said:   Moreover, what would your opinion be for this laptop deal at $399, versus the other HP with AMD A6-4400M deal for $349? Which is probably a better value? Sorry if question sounds dumb but just trying to weigh the options.

The other deal thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1208698/

This deal blows it away... (assuming the Lenovo motherboard is decent). From a purely processor spec, hard drive and memory perspective - it adds around $100 of value. The benchmarks on this i5 were in the 4200 area. The benchmarks on the AMD chip was around 2900.

Does it require .edu email ID?

No only a copy of your student ID card

Just got one at the store (Macon, GA). Both $100 coupon and $5 coupon worked. Activated $100 Visa Card rebate (showed student ID at store and used easy rebate online) and Windows 8 upgrade rebate. Prices in OP are accurate. Green for OP.

I was told by Staples that the coupon and student rebate can't be combined. How did you get it to work?

i didn't try the $5 since it was explicitly not stackable and I did not want to risk my goodwill for $5, but they scanned the $100 and gave me a rebate form for the studentid rebate.

In 4 one. Didn't stack the $5 either. Good deal.

this ended up being quite a sweet deal. I really like this lappy. After I uninstalled all the bloatware, thing is really fast. Next task is to put a 7200RPM drive in place of the 5400 drive in it now.

good price.

Coupon has expired-deal does not exist.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014