• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
EDIT: This is the N600 HD, which is dual band, eliminating the need for two routers. See comparison chart here.

This isn't as good as this legendary expired deal and thread, but I think it's a better router and seems like a pretty good deal at $29.99 + free shipping and I think no tax, depending on your location.

You can put Tomato or DD-WRT on it though. Refer to the linked thread above for instructions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belkin-Play-HD-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Rout...

Member Summary

Belkin (N600 / F7D8301) Play HD Wireless N Router
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer

DD-WRT Specs
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Same price and in stock at BensOutlet here.

Manual PDF Download Link

DD-WRT supported Devices

Use CFE Mini Web Server for first flash - (dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin)

DD-WRT Flashing instructions:
Once you have the (dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin), make double sure that your PC is plugged into one of the four LAN ports on the back of the Belkin router, log into the Belkin router at 192.168.2.1 and set the factory defaults. Once that is done do a 30/30/30 reset (Hold reset button for 30 seconds, unplug power with reset button still held in for 30 seconds and plug power back in while still holding the reset button for 30 more seconds.)

Next, set your PC's static IP address to 192.168.2.8 with subnet 255.255.255.0 How to set your static ip. If your're using a NOTEBOOK make sure you DISABLE the WIFI radio before attempting this!

If you double checked and it's right refresh your browser at 192.168.2.1. You should now see a CFE Web Browser page that tells you to browse for a file. Browse for the file and point it to the (dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin) file. Click upload it should tell you that it received the upload and it's now rebooting. *VERY IMPORTANT* DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE FOR THE NEXT 5 to 10 minutes and make sure you don't reset the router etc. Don't wait for it to finish, just give it a good 10 minutes!

Once done, change the static IP address on your PC to 192.168.1.8 with the same subnet of 255.255.255.0

Now open your browser and go to 192.168.1.1 You should now see DD-WRT firmware. If sucessful then perform another 30/30/30 reset. Don't forget to change the root password make sure you save it.

Optional: Now load Tomoato firmware and perform 30/30/30 reset.

Always flash dd-wrt before flashing Tomato.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is N600, not N300.

Model: N600/F7D8301

dawpa2000 said:   This is N600, not N300.

Model: N600/F7D8301

Whoops, edited title. That's even better, dual band. Many people from the other thread were buying two N300's so one could run N only and the other would be B/G/N/etc.

I bought this in another thread, still not sure whether DD-WRT/Tomato is supported for the 5ghz radio. Can anyone confirm?

dark530 said:   I bought this in another thread, still not sure whether DD-WRT/Tomato is supported for the 5ghz radio. Can anyone confirm?
VERY good question!!!

nevermind

gcooley said:   http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Share-N300-Wireless-Router/dp/B004B...

27.95 on Amazon with free shipping.

ops thread is a N600...

I compared the PCB of n300 and n600. They are based on the same PCB board, but n300 had a missing broadcom chip, lack 5Ghz radio.

I compared the PCB of n300 and n600. They are based on the same PCB board, but n300 had a missing broadcom chip, lack 5Ghz radio.

How much better would you say the range is on this compared to the N300 series?

jtroye32 said:   How much better would you say the range is on this compared to the N300 series?
Would be really interested in knowing too.

Any good internal wireless n adapter to go with this?

dark530 said:   I bought this in another thread, still not sure whether DD-WRT/Tomato is supported for the 5ghz radio. Can anyone confirm?

It is on dd-wrt, tomato no one's said yet. The tomato firmware does function on it, but as to whether you get 5ghz support, idk. Personally, I hope it does support 5ghz, as I much prefer the tomato interface.

Be cautious about Belkin router. I used to have a Belkin router for my home office (VPN into my company office). I was having connectivity issue periodically. The only solution is to reboot the Belkin. But the problem will come back after a couple days.

After long-time troubleshooting, it turned out that Belkin has a small size of NAT table. When I have many network sessions, the NAT table will be filled up quickly. When the NAT table is full, Belkin start dropping connections.

I replaced the Belkin with a Linksys and the problem never happened again.

Not saying Linksys is better than Belkin. But if you have many network sessions like me, this is something you should consider.

I had to bite on this deal. It's hard to beat a dual band simultaneous wireless N gigabit router that you can flash with DDWRT for $30. Perfect for upgrading my parents $7 Westell router.

Manual PDF Download Link

cnnusa said:   After long-time troubleshooting, it turned out that Belkin has a small size of NAT table. When I have many network sessions, the NAT table will be filled up quickly. When the NAT table is full, Belkin start dropping connections.
Any NAT table issues are solely due to Belkin's crappy firmware. Most folks getting in on this deal intend to reflash to DD-WRT or Tomato. I just flashed mine (it arrived in the mail today from the 1SaleADay deal) with tomato today and it appears that 5GHz band is working fine.

DerProfi said:   cnnusa said:   After long-time troubleshooting, it turned out that Belkin has a small size of NAT table. When I have many network sessions, the NAT table will be filled up quickly. When the NAT table is full, Belkin start dropping connections.
Any NAT table issues are solely due to Belkin's crappy firmware. Most folks getting in on this deal intend to reflash to DD-WRT or Tomato. I just flashed mine (it arrived in the mail today from the 1SaleADay deal) with tomato today and it appears that 5GHz band is working fine.

Mine is coming tomorrow via UPS... What version of tomato did you flash with? I'm assuming 1.28, and wondering if the USB connectors are working?

UPSGuy said:   dark530 said:   I bought this in another thread, still not sure whether DD-WRT/Tomato is supported for the 5ghz radio. Can anyone confirm?

It is on dd-wrt, tomato no one's said yet. The tomato firmware does function on it, but as to whether you get 5ghz support, idk. Personally, I hope it does support 5ghz, as I much prefer the tomato interface.

How many N600 1SaleADay have? They have sold it a few times in last 1 or 2 month and mine is coming last week's sale.
People at SD has said 5GHz worked on Tomato.

Same price and in stock at BensOutlet here.

I added all the DD-WRT flashing info I could find to the quick summary. I will try to add more when I receive and flash mine. Any updates, tomato instructions, or suggestions are always welcome.

$28.99 at newegg (via 1saleaday) right now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014