• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Marlin1975 said:   delzy said:   Marlin1975 said:   Good oil, even better price after rebate.And what is your qualification for making this statement. Do you run a laboratory or a racing team? Perhaps you work for ASTM? I think this oil is crap. And I have no preference when it comes to other non-recycled oils. I'm not a fanboi of any brand or type, but if you can tell me how "recycled" fits in with marketing claims of "breaking down", I might reconsider.

I was a auto-tech for 20 years and have taken plenty of labs in college.

Have you ever seen crude oil? If so you will then know why its much easier to convert used motor oil to fresh motor oil than converting crude to usable motor oil.

So "what is your qualification for making this statement"?
I am a member of SAE. It is my understanding that the lubrication qualities of motor oil are enhanced due to longer length, naturally occuring hydrocarbon chains. As oil goes through the heating/cooling cycle (primarily) and the mechanical cleaving process, the average hydro-carbon chain length decreases. This has the effect of decreasing the lubricating properties of the oil itself. This is accommodated by adding chemicals to the "worn" oil. I choose to use fresh oil rather than some additive that was chosen based on many reasons other than its lubrication properties. With synthetic oil, all bets are off. I would guess that synthetic could possible last the life of the vehicle without breaking down, but I've done no research to confirm this supposition.

As far as crude refining goes, I'd hardly guess that you have witnessed what happens in an oil refinery from your professional position under a lifted car. Motor oil is a by-product of the production of gasoline and as such is readily abundant at its extremely efficient market price. The price of motor oil is primarily driven by the market price of Diesel fuel because you can basically run motor oil in a Diesel engine.

delzy said:   Marlin1975 said:   delzy said:   Marlin1975 said:   Good oil, even better price after rebate.And what is your qualification for making this statement. Do you run a laboratory or a racing team? Perhaps you work for ASTM? I think this oil is crap. And I have no preference when it comes to other non-recycled oils. I'm not a fanboi of any brand or type, but if you can tell me how "recycled" fits in with marketing claims of "breaking down", I might reconsider.

I was a auto-tech for 20 years and have taken plenty of labs in college.

Have you ever seen crude oil? If so you will then know why its much easier to convert used motor oil to fresh motor oil than converting crude to usable motor oil.

So "what is your qualification for making this statement"?
I am a member of SAE. It is my understanding that the lubrication qualities of motor oil are enhanced due to longer length, naturally occuring hydrocarbon chains. As oil goes through the heating/cooling cycle (primarily) and the mechanical cleaving process, the average hydro-carbon chain length decreases. This has the effect of decreasing the lubricating properties of the oil itself. This is accommodated by adding chemicals to the "worn" oil. I choose to use fresh oil rather than some additive that was chosen based on many reasons other than its lubrication properties. With synthetic oil, all bets are off. I would guess that synthetic could possible last the life of the vehicle without breaking down, but I've done no research to confirm this supposition.

As far as crude refining goes, I'd hardly guess that you have witnessed what happens in an oil refinery from your professional position under a lifted car. Motor oil is a by-product of the production of gasoline and as such is readily abundant at its extremely efficient market price. The price of motor oil is primarily driven by the market price of Diesel fuel because you can basically run motor oil in a Diesel engine.

So in other words you have no idea.

Also Motor oil is not a "by-product of the production of gasoline".
Part of crude oil is pulled out for motor oil. That heaver crude is then refined again to make base stock. That is then refinded with a AD packge to then get to regular motor oil.

"The price of motor oil is primarily driven by the market price of Diesel fuel because you can basically run motor oil in a Diesel engine"
STFU, no you can not.

Please keep all commentary civil and on topic. Thanks.

Where is the link to the rebate form. I don't see it anywhere.

Squeezer99 said:   Where is the link to the rebate form. I don't see it anywhere.
I always apply on line:
https://advanceautoparts.4myrebate.com/
AAP-10017 under search for rebates.
Never been denied.

rbsolanki said:   jimmywalt said:   Green for you. Thanks for posting. I'm in!!!

Is it a mail-in rebate or can you submit with that link posted above online?

The rebate is online, no need to send any papers after online submission, so save money on stamp.Not exactly same as Staples ER but similiar,

I checked my rebate records and I did receive
the $7 Valvoline rebate when I did this last
Oct. that I got from Advance.

Submitted: 10-15-11
Rec: 12-24-11

Thanks OP.

Advance Auto's top-gun rebate processing service denied yet another rebate for no reason, so the games continue. I do not appreciate these dirty tactics; they are tantamount to stealing.

Just grabbed a jug at the Advance store in scenic, tax-free Plaistow, NH.

Rebate has been registered on the website.

Way too much free oil filling up my garage......

shopper1973 said:   Advance Auto's top-gun rebate processing service denied yet another rebate for no reason, so the games continue. I do not appreciate these dirty tactics; they are tantamount to stealing.

It's happening to a friend of mine too... He bought 3 of the items in the rebate list. Entered online and it showed all 3 when finished and the amount to expect. They left one item out when the rebate card was shipped (I think they were hoping it woudl go un-noticed). He called, they reopened and denied as a duplicate a week later. Called again, they insisted a copy of the receipt had to be faxed while being real cocky about their mistake. They also insisted ther was no third item. He had to tell them how to view the original claim on their own website. Receipt was faxed last week and still no update. This rebate company really sucks.

meggacat said:   Just grabbed a jug at the Advance store in scenic, tax-free Plaistow, NH.

Rebate has been registered on the website.

Way too much free oil filling up my garage......

You da
man.!

delzy said:   I am a member of SAE. It is my understanding that the lubrication qualities of motor oil are enhanced due to longer length, naturally occuring hydrocarbon chains. As oil goes through the heating/cooling cycle (primarily) and the mechanical cleaving process, the average hydro-carbon chain length decreases. This has the effect of decreasing the lubricating properties of the oil itself. This is accommodated by adding chemicals to the "worn" oil. I choose to use fresh oil rather than some additive that was chosen based on many reasons other than its lubrication properties. With synthetic oil, all bets are off. I would guess that synthetic could possible last the life of the vehicle without breaking down, but I've done no research to confirm this supposition.

I believe this oil gets pretty good reviews over at bobistheoilguy.com. Also only half the oil is recycled, the other half is from crude. Oil is basically oil these days, doesn't really matter as long as it's changed on a regular basis and that could even be considered at 5000-7500 for conventional oil. I usually throw in a quart of synthetic with conventional anyway, kinda mixing my own synthetic blend.

The deal last month was better, free filter. It's hard to beat free. Already got two rebates from Advanced, still waiting for two from Autozone. Might have to end up getting one more....

Many thanks to OP Mistercheap for yet another freebie!!!!

He's a hard-working Fatwalleteer.

Can someone give me a hand on the rebate submission? I purchased online and picked up at the store - it asks for Order # (listed on my printout), Store # (listed on my printout), and Register # (not listed on my printout). What do you put in for the register # if you purchased online? Emailed AA for help, but so far no response. Thank you!

If no other solution arises, do a return and rebuy at the store if they are close enough.

Local price: on sale $19.99 - $20 rebate = FREE

92fivelitergt said:   Can someone give me a hand on the rebate submission? I purchased online and picked up at the store - it asks for Order # (listed on my printout), Store # (listed on my printout), and Register # (not listed on my printout). What do you put in for the register # if you purchased online? Emailed AA for help, but so far no response. Thank you!

When you pick up the item, you will get an actual register receipt with that info.

SlamminMOFO said:   92fivelitergt said:   Can someone give me a hand on the rebate submission? I purchased online and picked up at the store - it asks for Order # (listed on my printout), Store # (listed on my printout), and Register # (not listed on my printout). What do you put in for the register # if you purchased online? Emailed AA for help, but so far no response. Thank you!

When you pick up the item, you will get an actual register receipt with that info.
+1 You get a regular receipt when you pick it up (they print out 2 receipts, 1 for you to sign and 1 for you to keep) so you use the info from there

shopper1973 said:   Advance Auto's top-gun rebate processing service denied yet another rebate for no reason, so the games continue. I do not appreciate these dirty tactics; they are tantamount to stealing.

One of the few I have confidence in. Is there a way one of us can help? I can't see how this is even poss.

I will agree with this! Bought the oil and submitted everything correctly but rebate was denied for some reason that they could not explain. I took the oil back to Advance Auto and told the guy that the rebate was denied and he gave me a free 5 qt. jug. Valvoline rebates suck in my opinion.

I fell in the same boat; i argued via email as to why my rebate submission was denied... sending them copies of my printed confirmation & receipts as well as faxing them the same paperwork...

then all of a sudden, BAM! my $20 AMEX gift card was in the mail!

So, i'm going to let it ride again this month and purchase another jug/filter set this month

thanks for the update again OP, this ongoing monthly hotdeal is awesome

ricebike said:   

I will agree with this! Bought the oil and submitted everything correctly but rebate was denied for some reason that they could not explain. I took the oil back to Advance Auto and told the guy that the rebate was denied and he gave me a free 5 qt. jug. Valvoline rebates suck in my opinion.

I fell in the same boat; i argued via email as to why my rebate submission was denied... sending them copies of my printed confirmation & receipts as well as faxing them the same paperwork...

then all of a sudden, BAM! my $20 AMEX gift card was in the mail!

So, i'm going to let it ride again this month and purchase another jug/filter set this month

thanks for the update again OP, this ongoing monthly hotdeal is awesome

If you are looking at NextGen, I think this month's deal is for the oil only. Rebate program - AAP-10017

Round 2 for me... such a crazy good deal.

REBATE IS DELIBERATELY DESIGNED TO BE DIFFICULT TO COLLECT...NOT WORTH THE $20!!

daytrader3200 said:   REBATE IS DELIBERATELY DESIGNED TO BE DIFFICULT TO COLLECT...NOT WORTH THE $20!!

SO DON'T DO IT!!

daytrader3200 said:   REBATE IS DELIBERATELY DESIGNED TO BE DIFFICULT TO COLLECT...NOT WORTH THE $20!!

how exactly is it difficult to collect?? You don't even have to send in a damn thing, just fill out the form online

SSG said:   daytrader3200 said:   REBATE IS DELIBERATELY DESIGNED TO BE DIFFICULT TO COLLECT...NOT WORTH THE $20!!

how exactly is it difficult to collect?? You don't even have to send in a damn thing, just fill out the form online

Advance is one of the best with oil rebates. Got both that I applied for quickly. Still waiting for 2 from Autozone and that still hasn't shown up yet, I did those two at the same time as the Advanced ones. Just got one from G-oil, that one took a long while though.

It's not rocket science...

Well, maybe it seems like it to you?

i've done this rebate three times, only once did they give me trouble and it was a "systemwide" issue but they reversed it and i later received the rebate. on my fourth and have no reservations. this also has to be the easiest rebate i have ever one, no stamps, no letters, hell no receipt or stupid upc to rip off.

Unlike G oil. This one I sent in in Feb-ish.. 2nd time they've submitted it.

Rebate Amount: $26.00
Current Status: We have received your claim and it is currently being processed. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date your claim was received.
What the hail..??

Advance is one of the best with oil rebates. Got both that I applied for quickly. Still waiting for 2 from Autozone and that still hasn't shown up yet, I did those two at the same time as the Advanced ones. Just got one from G-oil, that one took a long while though.

yea, I just my 2 autozone gift cards today...

I'm staying away from G-oil due to their loooong process times, eventhough they're also FAR.

So far so good with Advance Auto Parts rebates

ricebike said:   

yea, I just my 2 autozone gift cards today...

I'm staying away from G-oil due to their loooong process times, eventhough they're also FAR.

So far so good with Advance Auto Parts rebates

I finally got both last week even though they were about a month apart when sending them in. Not too bad, though, got a $20 gift card when I only spent $15 on the oil. Too bad it wasn't just a visa card.

Did I see in the store that you are supposed to bring used oil to them to get the rebate? Or did imagine that? I mean, I'll have some used oil soon, but don't at the moment.

VicVinegar said:   Did I see in the store that you are supposed to bring used oil to them to get the rebate? Or did imagine that? I mean, I'll have some used oil soon, but don't at the moment.

They say that, but there's no way for them to know whether you did it or not. You'll get the rebate regardless of whether you bring back the used oil or not.

Same deal this month, and price is currently the same.

Offer Code: AAP-10018

I'm loving all these oil deals. May have to jump on this one also.

Just got my rebate from the August deal today. Wonder if I can do this again for September?????? Anyone know FOR SURE????

New offer number so yes

jatan1986 said:   New offer number so yes

Thanks. I just ordered it online.

For offer code AAP-10018 valid until 9/26 - can one purchase both the 5 individual quarts and the 5.1 quart jug and get paid for both? Does anyone have any info on this OR has anyone done this?

I will be buying them on separate receipts. (The offer says - "Not combinable with NextGen Individual Quarts offer)

Still waiting for my July and August rebates... anybody else?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014