• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PartS...

Offer Code: AAP-10017

Details: Advance Auto Parts August Mail-in-Rebate
Starts: 07 / 26 / 2012
Expires: 08 / 29 / 2012
MUST BE POSTMARKED BY: 09 / 29 / 2012

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts coupons that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

5qts of NEXTGEN Oil
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think it was Valvoline that stopped it. Autozone had their promotion end 9/30 and I think other stores that had it lik... (more)

henry33 (Oct. 04, 2012 @ 12:15a) |

Dang, no free NEXTGEN Oil in November too. It was sure nice while it lasted.

Technut (Nov. 13, 2012 @ 2:51p) |

Yea, I had just started building my collection too.

reddhead (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 6:48a) |

Staff Summary
  • Advance Auto Parts Coupons:
    AAP15OFF
    Save 15% On All Orders (expires 9/30/14 11:59pm)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good oil, even better price after rebate.

Quarts are $5.59 each x 5 = $27.95 + tax - $20 rebate = not free ?

You can buy one 5.1 qt jug and (5) 1qt bottles and get apprx 10qt far.
I did that last month and my rebate shows approved.
Update - Last month they had same in-store price of 5.1 qt jug and (5) 1 qt bottles, hope its same case this month otherwise only 5.1 qt jug is free after rebate.

rbsolanki said:   You can buy one 5.1 qt jug and (5) 1qt bottles and get apprx 10qt far.
I did that last month and my rebate shows approved.

OK, my math skills must be rusty. You buy a 5 qt jug for $20 and 5 individual quarts for $28...the rebate is $20...

$20 + $28 = $48 - $20x2 = $8

That's not free...

emergeman said:   Quarts are $5.59 each x 5 = $27.95 + tax - $20 rebate = not free ?

It's not stated in OP but the 5qt jug qualifies for the rebate.

"30 Day Replacement if defective"......wonder how that works?

Too bad 5-20w is not available yet.

You can buy one 5.1 qt jug and (5) 1qt bottles and get apprx 10qt far. I did that last month and my rebate shows approved.Text

Where do you see that on the rebate? It seems the rebate only applies for individual quarts. Please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks OP for posting this. I did not see it in this months flyer and I've been beating the hell out of this rebate the last few months. I'v rcvd all of my rebates so far. Nothing like 45 FREE quarts of oil!!!

biomedica said:   You can buy one 5.1 qt jug and (5) 1qt bottles and get apprx 10qt far. I did that last month and my rebate shows approved.Text

Where do you see that on the rebate? It seems the rebate only applies for individual quarts. Please let me know. Thanks.

I checked the rebate form online and it states both rebates 5.1 jug and five individual 1qt bottles as saperate rebates limit 1 each. https://advanceautoparts.4myrebate.com/?oc=AAP-10017 Which is same as last month. I am not sure about price of 1 qt as last month they had different price online and in store. Last month Instore (5) individual 1qt bottles were also free after rebate as well as 5.1 qt jug. I have to check in store price to make sure its free again this month.

With all of the FAR oil deals I can start changing my oil monthly...

Don't forget order online for in-store pick up and use CB and your CB CC to got a few more % off - eliminates the tax impact anyway...

In once again.

Green for you. Thanks for posting. I'm in!!!

Is it a mail-in rebate or can you submit with that link posted above online?

i got in on the last deal. quarts were on sale and 10w40 jugs were on CLEARANCE! i got jugs for $11 with tax so i make $9 on rebate!

jimmywalt said:   Green for you. Thanks for posting. I'm in!!!

Is it a mail-in rebate or can you submit with that link posted above online?

The rebate is online, no need to send any papers after online submission, so save money on stamp.Not exactly same as Staples ER but similiar,

jschuman said:   Too bad 5-20w is not available yet.
No one has, 5-20w

Thanks OP. Too bad I can't buy any, there are no store in CA.

keaton85 said:   jschuman said:   Too bad 5-20w is not available yet.
No one has, 5-20w
AAP doesn't seem to carry 5W20 but other retailers do have it (I picked up some when I did the NextGen deals at Autozone and O'Reillys)

in for 1

Wallyworld clearanced out the Nextgen oil. I saw the 5qt jugs for $8

zmaster said:   Thanks OP. Too bad I can't buy any, there are no store in CA.

definitely a good reason to MOVE/vacation!

Is this a Valvoline rebate or Advance Auto rebate.
If its a Valvoline rebate Shoot the messenger if you'd like but cross all your T's and dot your I's. Valvoline rebates are not 100% reliable. I jumped in on a $50 rebate and was denied and lost the rebate for a bogus reason even though I was warned by another that there was a chance I would lose the rebate, something about Valvoline having their on in house rebate company. It was only last year that Valvoline was rated a 3rd rate business with a B+ rating by the better business bureau and I think it still is rated as B+ on a scale of A+ to f, that's a third place rating. If its a Valvoline rebate , I'd at least check the BBB rating on Valvoline.
Here ya go http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-reviews/lubricating-servic...
All said and done I hope you get your rebates but if denied the rebate the BBB doesn't seem to be of much help when going up against Valvoline . My experience was Even though they still gave Valvoline a third place rating the BBB seemed like little love struck puppies over Valvoline when I filed my complaint. I'm still out $50 on the Valvoline Rebate.

Edit to fix link hope it works now.

To MISTERCHEAP Thanks for all the great deals you've brought us. Hope this works also. Keep em coming.

Imjusthappytobehere said:   Is this a Valvoline rebate or Advance Auto rebate.
If its a Valvoline rebate Shoot the messenger if you'd like but cross all your T's and dot your I's. Valvoline rebates are not 100% reliable. I jumped in on a $50 rebate and was denied and lost the rebate for a bogus reason even though I was warned by another that there was a chance I would lose the rebate, something about Valvoline having their on in house rebate company. It was only last year that Valvoline was rated a 3rd rate business with a B+ rating by the better business bureau and I think it still is rated as B+ on a scale of A+ to f, that's a third place rating. If its a Valvoline rebate , I'd at least check the BBB rating on Valvoline.
Here ya go http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-reviews/lubricating-servic...
All said and done I hope you get your rebates but if denied the rebate the BBB doesn't seem to be of much help when going up against Valvoline . My experience was Even though they still gave Valvoline a third place rating the BBB seemed like little love struck puppies over Valvoline when I filed my complaint. I'm still out $50 on the Valvoline Rebate.

Edit to fix link hope it works now.

I will agree with this! Bought the oil and submitted everything correctly but rebate was denied for some reason that they could not explain. I took the oil back to Advance Auto and told the guy that the rebate was denied and he gave me a free 5 qt. jug. Valvoline rebates suck in my opinion.

jschuman said:   Too bad 5-20w is not available yet.

<beating dead horse> Just use 5w30 there is very little differance and the same motor in your car probably uses 5w30 in other countires. US has 5w20 for CAFE reasons, not protection/performance reasons. </beating dead horse>

No one has mentioned that the rebate form includes a FAR 16 oz. STP multipurpose motor treatment. I bet you could use the $8.99 up front cost to count towards the thresholds on the $X off $Y coupons above. $10 off $21.01 + free motor treatment fluid + CashBack sounds like a good deal to me.

ajntorinj said:   No one has mentioned that the rebate form includes a FAR 16 oz. STP multipurpose motor treatment. I bet you could use the $8.99 up front cost to count towards the thresholds on the $X off $Y coupons above. $10 off $21.01 + free motor treatment fluid + CashBack sounds like a good deal to me.
Is this the same stuff that was FAR last month?

I got the free oil w/ filter last month. Submitted rebate on line and have received rebate approval. Just waiting for the card in the mail.

I knew from buying the only can on the shelf last month that my local store didn't have any more STP. But I ordered oil, STP and 2 hand warmers so I could use $10/$30 code. Selected in store pick up and get error message that items in my order cannot be shipped, please select in store pick up. Changed stores and order went through. So, if you get the message that items can't be shipped, try changing stores.

BUT, even though it says coupon code accepted my PayPal total doesn't reflect the $10 off. Anyone know why not?

Oil doesn't count toward the coupon thresholds.

ajntorinj said:   Oil doesn't count toward the coupon thresholds.oh, ok. Still new to AA. Will get rid of the handwarmers.

jatan1986 said:   keaton85 said:   jschuman said:   Too bad 5-20w is not available yet.
No one has, 5-20w
AAP doesn't seem to carry 5W20 but other retailers do have it (I picked up some when I did the NextGen deals at Autozone and O'Reillys)

I state the above because there is no such thing as 5-20w oil.

5W-20 YES
5-20w NO!

Also, to the Honda people out there, the "requirement" to run 5W-20 is just for getting around MPG rating regulations. You can run 5W-30, 10W-30, 0W-30, and even 5W-40, 10W-40 and so forth. Personally, I would NEVER put a 20 weight in any motor, that just way to thin, in my opinion.

Think outside the box!

If recycled oil is OK, why don't you just replace your filter and add a quart each time your car is due? The only way used motor oil should be recycled is through a waste oil furnace. RED to OP and all you who can't think for yourselves but count on Madison Avenue to make you feel smart.

funkypost said:   "30 Day Replacement if defective"......wonder how that works?When your motor blows from using recycled oil, they give you another jug of the garbage that caused your motor to blow.

Marlin1975 said:   Good oil, even better price after rebate.And what is your qualification for making this statement. Do you run a laboratory or a racing team? Perhaps you work for ASTM? I think this oil is crap. And I have no preference when it comes to other non-recycled oils. I'm not a fanboi of any brand or type, but if you can tell me how "recycled" fits in with marketing claims of "breaking down", I might reconsider.

delzy said:   If recycled oil is OK, why don't you just replace your filter and add a quart each time your car is due? The only way used motor oil should be recycled is through a waste oil furnace. RED to OP and all you who can't think for yourselves but count on Madison Avenue to make you feel smart.
1: Most motor oil is part recycled WMO anyway
2: The WMO that is being recycled has already been refined once, refining again only improves the oil.
3: You are replacing your oil more due to the additive packs degrading, rather then the oil getting "dirty"

I could run my WMO through a centrifugal filter and then add the desired additive pack back into the oil. BUT why would someone do that when you can just buy new or recycled oil?

fatwallet + oil topics = FAIL

keaton85 said:   

5W-20 YES
5-20w NO!

Also, to the Honda people out there, the "requirement" to run 5W-20 is just for getting around MPG rating regulations. You can run 5W-30, 10W-30, 0W-30, and even 5W-40, 10W-40 and so forth. Personally, I would NEVER put a 20 weight in any motor, that just way to thin, in my opinion.

Think outside the box!
You know what he means

If a car is designed for 20 weight then 30 weight is usually fine, but I wouldn't jump up to a 40 weight

If you're still under warranty then use what the mfr recommends

delzy said:   Marlin1975 said:   Good oil, even better price after rebate.And what is your qualification for making this statement. Do you run a laboratory or a racing team? Perhaps you work for ASTM? I think this oil is crap. And I have no preference when it comes to other non-recycled oils. I'm not a fanboi of any brand or type, but if you can tell me how "recycled" fits in with marketing claims of "breaking down", I might reconsider.

I was a auto-tech for 20 years and have taken plenty of labs in college.

Have you ever seen crude oil? If so you will then know why its much easier to convert used motor oil to fresh motor oil than converting crude to usable motor oil.

So "what is your qualification for making this statement"?

jatan1986 said:   keaton85 said:   

5W-20 YES
5-20w NO!

Think outside the box!
You know what he means

If a car is designed for 20 weight then 30 weight is usually fine, but I wouldn't jump up to a 40 weight

40weight would be fine as well, it would just cut down on gas milage a little more in some cases.

5w30 is fine for even cars that call for 5w20. The TRUE differance is very minor.

thx OP. Perfect timing!

Skipping 51 Messages...
Yea, I had just started building my collection too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014