• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Update: $10 Price drop! Now $69.98 + Free Shipping. (Thanks: Cantabrigian)
~~~~~

WalMart has the Refurbished Garmin Nuvi 1390LMT 4.3" Portable GPS on sale for $79.98 again.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-Nuvi-1390LMT-4.3-Portable-GPS-R...

$1.97 ship to home, or free store pickup.

Edit: If you're getting the GPS, consider getting it bundled together with a carry case for $89.98 with Free Shipping.

Travel around the country with easy navigation provided by the Garmin nuvi 1390 LMT 4.3-inch portable GPS navigator. It includes nuMaps Lifetime Updates for City Navigator NT for North America and features an integrated FM traffic receiver with free lifetime traffic updates. The ultra-thin Garmin refurbished GPS navigator features hands-free calling, lane assist with junction view and ecoRoute to calculate a more fuel-efficient route. The GPS with lifetime traffic and map updates comes with a 4.3" widescreen that provides clearer and brighter display. You also get lane assist with junction view among other things. In this sunlight readable GPS you can save up to 1000 waypoints, favorites and other locations. The integrated FM traffic receiver also includes hands-free Bluetooth speakerphone, JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock, currency converter, and measurement converter. With the Where Am I emergency locator you can find your way out of just about anywhere. GPS

Garmin nuvi 1390LMT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS:
•4.3" widescreen, TFT-WQVGA, 480 x 270 pixels with white backlight
•ecoRoute feature and 6 million POIs pre-loaded
•Maps cover North America
•Save up to 1000 waypoints, favorites and other locations
•Built-in solid state memory
•Intuitive touchscreen interface
•Hands-free Bluetooth speakerphone
•Lane assist with junction view
•Integrated FM traffic receiver and free lifetime traffic updates
•JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock, currency converter, measurement converter and calculator tools
•Photo navigation
•"Where Am I?" emergency locator
Garmin Lock anti-theft feature
•Rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 4 hours
•Includes GPS, vehicle suction cup mount, USB cable, dashboard disc and quick start manual

Want to do some reading? 2,574 reviews @ Amazon (and still counting ) http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-4-3-Inch-Portable-Bluetooth-Navigat...

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Garmin Nuvi 4.3" Portable GPS (20.49kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Back in stock now..

sadclown (Dec. 04, 2012 @ 2:45a) |

OOS again (but I guess that can change).

A few observations about this unit (though I haven't actually used it much yet):... (more)

george2001 (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 1:00p) |

Received the unit on Friday. Condition looked brand new. Was able to update the maps from the Garmin website. Boots up... (more)

1dealcatcher (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 11:37p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Got it the last time around. Fine GPS. Mine seemed brand new except for the packaging.

WalterGuy said:   Got it the last time around. Fine GPS. Mine seemed brand new except for the packaging.

I also got mine last time out, to up-grade an older model without lifetime maps. I totally agree, mine looked brand new.
And besides the fact that it has lifetime maps (worth the price of this unit itself), I really like some of the newer features on this model that weren't on my older one, such as knowing what the speed limit is at all times, and I love the fact that it showes me what lane to be in before an upcoming exit.

If you're on the edge...don't be afraid to pull the trigger on this one.

does it come with a manufactures warranty? If so, how long? I can't seem to find it on Wally's site.

WalterGuy said:   Got it the last time around. Fine GPS. Mine seemed brand new except for the packaging.
Got one too. The $1.97 shipping (and faster delivery) made that a better option for us than ship-to-store.

All the same comments, plus one.

When I went to register it online with Garmin, I found that its serial number had already been registered in October 2011. Garmin's customer service was helpful, but it took three or four interchanges to get everything resolved.

- Had to send them a scan of the WalMart receipt to restart the warranty. (It's a full year--stated near the bottom of the page, below customer Q&A and above gifting and financing.)
- Had to separately request a transfer of the asset into my myGarmin inventory, as it kept saying it was already registered and wouldn't let me take control of it.

But neither of those issues kept it from downloading the latest map update. And all of this only took about 36 hours.

And we're really happy with it.

Thanks OP - bought one!

HELPDESKGUY said:   does it come with a manufactures warranty? If so, how long? I can't seem to find it on Wally's site.

I remember that it does have a warranty, but have the paperwork at home. As I recall it was for one year, but going from memory.

I tried to buy one of these a few weeks ago when it came up the first time...the first one I got, something was broken inside and the power cable couldn't make a constant connection, it would continuously lose power while I was driving. I ordered a replacement, and it had the exact same problem, only worse. The power connector/cable on this model seems really poorly designed to me. The cable is very thick and heavy, and the connector sticks out a bit, which puts a lot of strain on the power receptacle on the unit. I was hoping I would be able to swap out the incredibly thick, obtrusive cable for a thinner one, but apparently the reason it's so thick is that it contains an external antenna. I thought this would be a nice upgrade to my old Nuvi 750 that started freezing up, but I think at this point I'd be better off contacting Garmin and seeing if perhaps I can pay to get the 750 repaired.

in 4 one!

I also happened to notice that the 5" version is pretty reasonable as well: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-Nuvi-1490-LMT-5-GPS-Navigator-w...

Thanks, bittul and speedin Fargo. Went w the 5" for 109 and 2 bucks delivered. It's worth 2 bucks to avoid the WalMart experience.

Thanks OP ordered 1.

other then the .7 inches am I getting anything else for $30 more? Am I missing something?

I ordered this one last time, a really good deal.

It took some time to arrive. And when it did the display was broken, showing just a few vertical lines. It was nice and polished and looked brand new, but it really didn't seem like they had turned it on for inspection.
Returned it in store.
I bought a different model since then, otherwise I would've taken this deal again.

just use waze, its free and a million times better.

quikie said:   just use waze, its free and a million times better.

for inquiring minds

http://www.waze.com/

HELPDESKGUY said:   other then the .7 inches am I getting anything else for $30 more? Am I missing something?

Well, for one reviewer, the speed limit display sold him/her.

HELPDESKGUY said:   other then the .7 inches am I getting anything else for $30 more? Am I missing something?

from what I can see, the 1490 has lifetime maps & traffic....don't see the traffic mentioned on the 1390, but i think that's the T in the model #?

quikie said:   just use waze, its free and a million times better.

Is it just curmudgeonly me or does anyone else find these techie kids with their snootie little "Just use your smartphone" response to every GPS or wristwatch thread to be damn annoying?

I find a stand-alone GPS to be substantially better and more useable than using my Android phone for navigation. First, my 5" GPS has a bigger, more legible screen than a a cell phone (unless you have one of these new tablet-sized phones, but since I carry my phone in my pocket, instead of in an manpurse, I have no intention of ever getting one that large). Second, it's always there on my dash, so I don't have to worry about sticking it in a holder every time I get in the car and plugging it in to a charger or awkwardly trying to hold it in one hand while driving with the other. Third, a stand-alone GPS doesn't eat up my cell phone's data allotment. Fourth, I can still use my GPS for navigating when I get a call in on my cell phone. Fifth, as mentioned by someone below, a stand-alone GPS just works - I don't have to worry about spotty cell reception impacting functionality.

This GPS for $80 is a heck of a deal.

See here for comparison of the two. Multi-point routing is the only non-size related difference. Well, that and WalMart claims a 11% savings for the 1390 and 27% savings for the 1490. I have the 1490 in my wife's car and always thought it was just a little too big (easier to see but obscures more of the windshield). I think I will grab one of these 1390's for my car.

lousygolfer said:   quikie said:   just use waze, its free and a million times better.

Is it just curmudgeonly me or does anyone else find these techie kids with their snootie little "Just use your smartphone" response to every GPS or wristwatch thread to be damn annoying?

I find a stand-alone GPS to be substantially better and more useable than using my Android phone for navigation. First, my 5" GPS has a bigger, more legible screen than a a cell phone (unless you have one of these new tablet-sized phones, but since I carry my phone in my pocket, instead of in an manpurse, I have no intention of ever getting one that large). Second, it's always there on my dash, so I don't have to worry about sticking it in a holder every time I get in the car or awkwardly trying to hold it in one hand while driving with the other. Third, a stand-alone GPS doesn't eat up my cell phone's data allotment. Fourth, I can still use my GPS for navigating when I get a call in on my cell phone.

This GPS for $80 is a heck of a deal.

I live in Denver and venture into the mountains where cellular data reception is spotty or non-existent. Recently took a weekend trip to Lake McConaughy in western Nebraska where data coverage was spotty AND slow. Yes Google Maps caches your route on the phone, but I don't believe it can handle making changes in the middle of a route without access to data. Once you exit navigation that info is lost as well. With the GPS I can also enter in coordinates which I haven't found possible in Google Maps. I do use Google Maps 95% of the time (in the urban environment), but I enjoy the reliability of the standalone GPS. Evaluate the environments where you will need GPS and buy/use whatever gives you the best value and/or reliability.

5% ShopDiscover CB

I checked and confirmed the refurb warranty for this unit is one year.

As far as the cable, it is thicker than my old GPS (because it contains the traffic antenna)but not ridiculously so-it's just slightly bigger than your average lampcord.

If I needed another one I would definately hop on this, but this time around I'd spend the extra $2 for ship to home to avoid what another poster characterized as the WalMart experience.

farbio said:   HELPDESKGUY said:   other then the .7 inches am I getting anything else for $30 more? Am I missing something?

from what I can see, the 1490 has lifetime maps & traffic....don't see the traffic mentioned on the 1390, but i think that's the T in the model #?

It does include traffic "It includes nuMaps Lifetime Updates for City Navigator NT for North America and features an integrated FM traffic receiver with free lifetime traffic updates." and life time Maps ". The GPS with lifetime traffic and map updates comes with a 4.3" widescreen that provides clearer and brighter display"

Thanks OP..$86.95 w/tax & shipping.. and it shipped FedEx
I'll have it tomorrow!

Edited to add..
mine came FedEx in 2 days. White Garmin box in new condition with a refurb sticker on it. The unit itself also appears brand new/untouched, as well as all the cords.. it wasn't registered.
It has one dead pixel right above the M that I didn't notice until I was on the black Garmin screen. It wasn't noticeable while browsing the screens, or looking at a map.
I can live with it.

Thanks OP, shipping today and arriving tomorrow for a $1.97! Wish I could always pay $1.97 to stay the hell out of Wal-Mart

Sk8terboy said:   HELPDESKGUY said:   other then the .7 inches am I getting anything else for $30 more? Am I missing something?

Well, for one reviewer, the speed limit display sold him/her.

That said, I believe this unit also displays the speed limit also (if the info is available).

Mine arrived in store today. Beat the FedEx purchase. I placed an order for 2 in case one has issues. Looks new...now to test it out.

thanks for your comments everyone. I just ordered one. I left my sunroof open in the rain and my refurb Magellan I got from WM got wet and wouldn't turn on. This should be a nice replacement.

The packing on mine was very shoddy for tech equipment - but the unit worked fine.
Unit was already registered - so free maps and traffic was going to cost @ least a couple of hours on the phone / hold with Garmin.
IIRC, the deal has a 15 day return policy. Returning the unit this weekend, hopefully there is no restocking fee.

I'm in for one.. need an extra in the other car.. so this should work.. I hope that it is not already registered - not looking forward to dealing with their CSR

I received mine yesterday and downloaded maps last evening - no issues, except it takes a couple of hours. The unit was packed well and looked brand new. I'm making a trip on Saturday and will test it out thoroughly while my wife drives.

fatmark said:   I received mine yesterday and downloaded maps last evening - no issues, except it takes a couple of hours. The unit was packed well and looked brand new. I'm making a trip on Saturday and will test it out thoroughly while my wife drives.

Me too. I couldn't tell the difference from a new unit. No issues with registration or map updates.

My only issue is that the touch screen seems a bit sluggish. I know these things aren't cell phones, but this unit seems to take a little longer for the touch to register than my older nüvi 265WT. Maybe it will get a little faster as things go on. Not a deal killer, but I was expecting a somewhat faster processor and a slightly more responsive unit.

Mine arrived in perfect shape. Takes a little while to aquire satellites the first time and I would agree that the touch screen response is a little slow. Other than that, a very nice upgrade from my current gps.

Still alive but the bundle is only available shipped to home, no longer available for shipping to store. Shipping is $4 per unit for the bundle. I ordered 2, so it was $8. The GPS unit alone is available for pickup, however.

Still a good deal imo.

Alive yet again at $79.98. I have been watching this for the past few weeks at $89.98, waiting to see if the price would drop back down.

Thanks OP!

Now $69.98 with free shipping.

Traffic antenna is the thicker power cord. The only difference between this and the 2xxx series, is that they do the multipoint routing, and it will flip the screen when you turn it horizontal. This unit is much heavier than the newer series. I find the screen to be more responsive on the 1390. WallyWorld is letting you return stuff you purchase now till 15 days after Christmas, so if you buy, you can return it till Jan 10th 2013.

I am trying to get the 10 extra bucks I paid last week back

Skipping 10 Messages...
Received the unit on Friday. Condition looked brand new. Was able to update the maps from the Garmin website. Boots up and locks onto the signal fast.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014