• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Virgin Mobile HTC ONE V Smartphone (No Contract) @ Virgin Mobile - $159.99
Compare at $179.99
Free Shipping!

Price drops to $159.99 in cart

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile promo codes that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Working on Cricket. I have to start the PP forum and then I can post those details. If you can go to my Cricket forum yo... (more)

chrisngrod (Aug. 25, 2012 @ 12:41p) |

Picked up a One V over the weekend. The jury's still out, but it seems like its pluses outweigh its minuses. The touch... (more)

lousygolfer (Aug. 28, 2012 @ 12:29p) |

Is that deal expired?

DegraDai (Oct. 23, 2012 @ 7:25p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HTC
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nice price!

i dont see that price

i saw $159 when adding to chart. Thanks!

Oh..Wow! Down to $159.. The phone may not be the best in the segment but it's look is awesome.

Hmm about to get one to post another flash to Cricket tutorial.

Boy I wish they had better coverage at my house, I would be all over this. Awesome deal!

They are branding it a "One" device which implies HTC flagship line, but this "one" does not appear to be anywhere near the ballpark of other "one" devices. Regular price is only $20 bucks more. 512mb memory is pretty crippled. I don't see processor listed.

superflysocal said:   They are branding it a "One" device which implies HTC flagship line, but this "one" does not appear to be anywhere near the ballpark of other "one" devices. Regular price is only $20 bucks more. 512mb memory is pretty crippled. I don't see processor listed.I believe it is 1Ghz single core.

superflysocal said:   They are branding it a "One" device which implies HTC flagship line, but this "one" does not appear to be anywhere near the ballpark of other "one" devices. Regular price is only $20 bucks more. 512mb memory is pretty crippled. I don't see processor listed.

"One" does not imply flagship. Their are three tiers in the HTC One lineup, X (flagship), S (midrange), and V (budget). The processor is 1 GHz Snapdragon S2.

You should really check the reviews. This is an excellent budget phone. While the internal specs are similar to the Motorola Triumph I replaced this with, it runs circles around it. The screen and overall build are good quality. The best part is I can actually take pictures of my daughter without them looking like smeared overblown garbage.

I got a bit of a better deal. Radio Shack had this for $179.99 last week, but it came with $35 worth of airtime.

For a budget phone with ICS off contract this is a good deal. The only thing missing is a front facing camera but that's why it's a budget phone. Another consideration is Virgin Mobile does not have any roaming which sucks considering how poor Sprint network coverage is.

What's Virgin Mobile's policy on unlocking the phone? I've bought a few Go phones from T-Mobile and those guys are quick at unlocking them for you.

You would just have to flash the phone to another carrier. I'm getting one now to do to Cricket and Page Plus. I will post tutorials once I receive it.

tfinch2 said:   
You should really check the reviews. This is an excellent budget phone. While the internal specs are similar to the Motorola Triumph I replaced this with, it runs circles around it. The screen and overall build are good quality. The best part is I can actually take pictures of my daughter without them looking like smeared overblown garbage..

How's the touchscreen? I've got an HTC Desire and hate its touchscreen, which misdials about one out of three calls and sometimes takes 5 to 7 stabs on the "answer" button before it will pick up; I've missed calls when the phone was there on my desk just because it wouldn't accept my finger touching directly in the middle of the button.

chrisngrod said:   You would just have to flash the phone to another carrier. I'm getting one now to do to Cricket and Page Plus. I will post tutorials once I receive it.

Please do, I'm thinking strongly of going to Page Plus. I looked at VM's coverage map-voice only in my area (central CT), and even that is spotty.

jack8daniels2 said:   What's Virgin Mobile's policy on unlocking the phone? I've bought a few Go phones from T-Mobile and those guys are quick at unlocking them for you.

doesn't do you any good. the phone runs on CDMA. you can't put a SIM card in it.

35/Mo on Virgin Mobile is a great plan compared to others who charge 50+ for everything unlimited. I want to start with Virgin Mobile only thing that stops me is the phones,, they are pretty slow,,. any one know of any carrier having a 35 $ plan with text and data that we can use GSM phones on ? i have i phone that i will soon replace when the new one is released by ATT, i would like to get a no contract plan for this iphone through some carrier.

This only has a 3.7 inch screen, i have a droidx which has a 4 or 4.3 inch and i like big screens. Otherwise it sure seems to be a nice phone. Do you loose any functions when you switch it to pageplus?

You might suffer from 1x data. I'll have to see. I'm starting a PagePlus forum. This will mainly be transitioning over a lot of the information from my pretty successful Cricket Wireless forum.

On Cricket you can probably get everything working. Of course Cricket has its own towers + Sprint.

lousygolfer said:   tfinch2 said:   
You should really check the reviews. This is an excellent budget phone. While the internal specs are similar to the Motorola Triumph I replaced this with, it runs circles around it. The screen and overall build are good quality. The best part is I can actually take pictures of my daughter without them looking like smeared overblown garbage..

How's the touchscreen? I've got an HTC Desire and hate its touchscreen, which misdials about one out of three calls and sometimes takes 5 to 7 stabs on the "answer" button before it will pick up; I've missed calls when the phone was there on my desk just because it wouldn't accept my finger touching directly in the middle of the button.

I have a HTC Desire that I have owned for almost 2 years and it has been nothing but flawless. Clearly yours is jacked up.

I bought one cell phone this morning from pageplus, I would return it back and get this one. Two things I f need make sure,one,
does pageplus accept returning?.two, how can I use this one in pageplus? Thanks!

tfinch2 said:   superflysocal said:   They are branding it a "One" device which implies HTC flagship line, but this "one" does not appear to be anywhere near the ballpark of other "one" devices. Regular price is only $20 bucks more. 512mb memory is pretty crippled. I don't see processor listed.

"One" does not imply flagship. Their are three tiers in the HTC One lineup, X (flagship), S (midrange), and V (budget). The processor is 1 GHz Snapdragon S2.

You should really check the reviews. This is an excellent budget phone. While the internal specs are similar to the Motorola Triumph I replaced this with, it runs circles around it. The screen and overall build are good quality. The best part is I can actually take pictures of my daughter without them looking like smeared overblown garbage.

I got a bit of a better deal. Radio Shack had this for $179.99 last week, but it came with $35 worth of airtime.

Doesn't the V imply Virgin? So what exactly do they have in common?

It actually doesn't because there is a GSM version. Looks like Bell offers it (Canada).

It is also coming to RadioShack Mobile (MVNO of Cricket Wireless). At least this is what the latest info points towards.

256 for me after tax in GA.

eswarjj said:    256 for me after tax in GA.
wrong phone from the link..... I was looking at EVO V..... good deal for that.

chrisngrod said:   You might suffer from 1x data. I'll have to see. I'm starting a PagePlus forumWorking on Page Plus ?

Working on Cricket. I have to start the PP forum and then I can post those details. If you can go to my Cricket forum you'll see the main details to get started.

Picked up a One V over the weekend. The jury's still out, but it seems like its pluses outweigh its minuses. The touchscreen for phone and texting functions is vastly better than my old HTC Desires - no misdialing numbers yet out of maybe 15-20 tries.

The Beats audio is noticeably superior for MP3 and Pandora playback, just using mid-level powered computer speakers; I imagine the difference will be greater with a decent set of headphones. Furthermore, it actually organizes my MP3 albums in the correct track order automatically, rather than alphabetically, as my Desire and several other MP3 players I've owned have done.

The camera, the other highly-touted feature of this phone, is a big disappointment. Color is just awful. A picture of a very fair skinned person has her skin nearly the color orange of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup wrapper. Slightly darker areas of a person's face (from tan or natural coloration) are much, much darker. Photos with the demo model at the store were the same way, leading me to conclude that my phone is not defective. Pictures are grainy, also and are all-around inferior to those taken with my Desire or my wife's Samsung Mesmerize. Settings are on auto for ISO and WB, though - perhaps they would improve with manual setting to the appropriate white balance and ISO levels. If anyone who has this phone can comment about their experiences with its camera or make suggestions about improving photo quality, I would appreciate it. [EDIT: lowering the saturation by 1 helped a lot on the excessive coloration]

Wifi reception is better than my Desire. I could occasionally get an unsecured wifi signal from a medical office in my building strong enough for Pandora, but often it would not play. I've had a steady 2-bar wifi signal the past two days with the One V and can play Pandora through it with no problems. However, I also had, for the first two days, some problems with 3g connectivity, but haven't noticed a problem in the past two days.

Controls and menus seem more awkward than they should be, even taking into consideration that I'm not yet at the point where I'm fully familiar with the phone. It's an extra step to get to my contacts list in the phone setting.

I like the fact that it's small and still pretty functional, with 4gb internal memory and the latest version of Android 4 installed; I really dislike the current trend to offer full features only in the giant near-tablet sized phones that don't fit well in a pocket (unlike some of the gadgetbois who keep clamoring for bigger and bigger screens, I don't carry a man-purse and if I want to read books or watch movies, I'll grab my e-reader or netbook).

Is that deal expired?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.