• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
8/12/12 - 9/8/12

usual exclusions, Kroger cards not included

For every 100 Kroger fuel points earned you get 10¢ off each gallon purchased. They usually limit you to $1 max savings but through 9/30, you can now choose to save up to $2 per gallon.

Member Summary

Kroger
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I see they have an exclusion that reads: "excludes American ExpressR® Variable Load, Visa® Variable Load, 1-2-3 REWARDS® Reloadable Visa® Prepaid Debit Card and MasterCard® Variable Load gift cards". Do they have Visa or MC gift cards that aren't in these exclusion categories? Can you use this to buy gift cards you could use anywhere, and still get 4x points? Is there any fee for the gift cards, or does $100 in gift cards cost $100?

Thanks!

dscline said:   I see they have an exclusion that reads: "excludes American ExpressR® Variable Load, Visa® Variable Load, 1-2-3 REWARDS® Reloadable Visa® Prepaid Debit Card and MasterCard® Variable Load gift cards". Do they have Visa or MC gift cards that aren't in these exclusion categories? Can you use this to buy gift cards you could use anywhere, and still get 4x points? Is there any fee for the gift cards, or does $100 in gift cards cost $100?

Thanks!
Not certain but I believe they have the fixed amount VISA MC cards but from what I recall, buying those (with their fee of $4-6 each) negated the value received in fuel points. I will take a moment on my next trip to re-read all of their fine print!

This is a list of all participating cards. There is each a Visa, MC, and AMEX fixed value available. I don't know the fee charged for those cards though. There is no fee on the rest of the gift cards.

GIft Cards @ Kroger

briarycliffs said:   This is a list of all participating cards. There is each a Visa, MC, and AMEX fixed value available. I don't know the fee charged for those cards though. There is no fee on the rest of the gift cards.

GIft Cards @ Kroger

I'm not understanding this link. You can choose a card and an amount but you can't pay for it? Is it just to show ou how many fuel points you would get?

Correct. I know it's dumb. It's just a list of what may be in store and what fuel points you would get if you went to the store and purchased them.

nicknametaken said:   I believe they have the fixed amount VISA MC cards but from what I recall, buying those (with their fee of $4-6 each) negated the value received in fuel points. I will take a moment on my next trip to re-read all of their fine print!
After some searching I've done on various sites (haven't confirmed in-store), it appears that the biggest Visa/MC gift cards they carry are $100, and they have a $5.95 activation fee. If this is correct then it seems that it works out like:

$100 card = 400 points = $0.40 discount per gallon.

IF you can use a full 35 gallons at the pump, that equates to $14. So you're about $8 ahead per $100 gift card, but you have to discount that if you can't use 35 gallons at a time. Where this gets interesting, however, is if you can pay with a CC that gives you good CashBack/points at the grocery store. I have an AMEX BCP that gives me 6% back at the grocery store. The $5.95 fee is already more than paid for by the gas discount, so this essentially lets you use you apply grocery store reward rate at places where you wouldn't get such a good rate. In my case, my CashBack rate for "other" purchases is 2%. So this effectively gets me another $4 per $100 card, or $12 total including gas discount, gift card fee, etc.

Effectively, money you can spend about anywhere at the rate of $0.88 per dollar. Not too bad.

We bought $500 in gift cards yesterday - this will give us $2.00 off per gallon in September. Truck will hold 35 gallons so we will have a nice savings of $70 again. Have done this the last 2 times they had this deal.... Does anyone know if we will be able to get $2.00 off again in October with $500 in gift cards purchases. Since I saw this offer is thru 9/30 I don't wantto purchase $500 in cards for $2 per gallon if they will only allow $1 off per gallon. Hope I am making sense here.

We do purchase cards that we will be using and we charge them on our credit card that rewards us....A win win situation.

When you purchase gift cards, you do get 4X the value in fuel points. I.E. 100.00 Target gift card no fee, never expirea 400 points.

sandijohn said:   Does anyone know if we will be able to get $2.00 off again in October with $500 in gift cards purchases.
As a matter of fact, yes, they've extended that promotion through the end of the year. But tomorrow is the last day for 4x points, so buy now and use these points until the end of October.

Thanks dscline... got 'em. Dh has saved $70 each month with this deal AND we only buy gift cards that we use the products, or use them as gifts.

On Kroger/Ralphs site it doesn't show 4x fuel points. I missed the 9/8 date.

Yesterday 9/10, I purchased a Shell $100GC. It was suppose to give 200 points but it gave me 400 points.

That's 4x fuel point. So, I think they still have this promo active. Now I wish they had the 20¢ off promo for Shell Gas.

Does anyone know when the next 4X promo will be? I've got some major purchases coming up, including $2000+ at Home Depot, so I don't want to make the mistake of buying early if there is a holiday promo coming up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014