• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
YMMV-Sony Bravia BX45 46" TV $349.99 at Target B&M

Saw several Sony BX45 46" TV on clearance for $349.99 from $699.98 at my local target. I didn't get any because I'm not in the market for one. It looks like the DPCI are 008091045 . Good luck.

Actual target inventory check. Better than crappy site88 checker: http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiat...

Just enter your zip code.

Ripped from S/D

Throw me some green if you like this.

DO NOT CALL, walk in to check it out or risk a worker getting your deal !!!!!

Make the clerk scan the item for pricing.

UPDATE

I visited another Target about 25 miles away from the first one I visited this weekend, they had the TV but were holding firm on the $699 price even when I pointed out that the first store had it at a much lower price proving to me that this is extremely YMMV, to the nenth degree

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE

Hey people, Target does their clearance discounts once a week in my area. For me electronics get marked down on Mondays so don't give up, keep checking as I know from experience that some stores take longer than others to do their markdowns.
This is especially important for those of you who are finding the units but they haven't been marked down yet.

DEAL CONFIRMED AT THESE TARGETS:
Hicksville, NY sold out
Westbury Long Island
Carrolton, TX
Madison, WI
Miami, FL

UNABLE TO REPLICATE
Regular Price:Katy, Tx
Houston Far West, Tx
Westchase, Tx
Factoria, WA $699
Eden Prairie Minnesota $699
Huber Heights, OH $699
Orange, CT $579.99
North Hollywood $699.98
bloomfield hills, mi
Warren, MI $699
Bakersfield, CA
Philadelphia, PA
Spartanburg, SC $699
Chicago McKinly $699
Copiague
raleigh, nc
Chicago, NH and South FL
huntsville, tx
New Jersey
Chino, CA
Centerville UT
Wylie and Plano, TxTallahassee, FL
Mays Landing, NJ
milwaukee 699
Houston area [Atascocita] list price 699
Irvine, CA
$699 zip 92618
Clovis, CA
Tulare, CA
Miami Central in S FL
Frvw Hghts, IL
Revere Mass $699
warwick ri
Mid-Michigan
Irvine, California
LouIsvIlle, KY
Lincoln, NE
Mt Kisco, NY regular price

Member Summary

Sony Bravia BX45 (11.06kB)
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No go in Grand Rapids, MI... plugged in dpci and returned 699$. I would have scanned the tag, but couldn't find it...Ev... (more)

Drouo (Aug. 30, 2012 @ 1:16p) |

I tried it and it did work. Had to edit the photo so the contrast of black and white was very clear, it did take a few t... (more)

96919 (Sep. 03, 2012 @ 2:56a) |

TV screen or computer monitor? or combined function for TV and computer?

stevedagley (Sep. 03, 2012 @ 4:39a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

Torch hot, thx op!!

where are you located?

Naples FL / Coconut point (estero), in-stock.

Is it this TV?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-46-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-BX45...

If so, it shows to be 60hz. Whether that matters, well, that's up to each buyer.

Logan71 said:   Is it this TV?

If so, it shows to be 60hz. Whether that matters, well, that's up to each buyer.

This is a "deals" site, not a reviewers site. I would think that it is up to the individual to research any deal they are interested in before making any decision. I am only posting what I think is a good deal.

I checked out a store in Sarasota, Florida with availability (per the provided link). Price was $699.99 at display and at checkout.

Went to my local store in MA and was $699 , seems like a very very ymmv super hot deal! Too bad as I'm in the market for something to replace my 27"!

Type the DPCI into a red scanner on a column to find out the price and availability!

No go in Clifton, NJ
Still $699.99.
Definitely a good deal if you can find one.

Yep .. price of $699 in Lakeland, FL and they said it could be a store clearance and probably in a store that is being remodeled which I think might be the case since the Lakeland store had quite a bit of TV's on clearance when they were remodeling . Good deal for those who can get it. Happy hunting.

All $699 in all Maine stores....bah!

I'm calling Unicorn. Checked at the G'ville, FL store....$699. The redshirts got a good chuckle when I asked them to price match.

Not on sale at the Target in Edgewater (Denver, CO)

Logan71 said:   Is it this TV?
spectheintro wrote this on SD:
There is no hi-def source, anywhere, that does higher than 1080p60. It does not exist. Broadcast television can get, at best, 1080i60, and that is very, very rare.
The only time 120hz comes into play is when you're attempting to smooth out 24p playback, because 120/24 = 5, whereas 60/24 = 2.5. Even in this case, the benefits are subtle, and vary WILDLY depending on the manufacturer.
This is the same [marketing] we got fed about 720p vs 1080p and plasma vs. lcd/led. Unless you have a specialized use case (computer monitor) ALL you should EVER care about is viewing distance and picture quality.
Personally, I've watched TV broadcasts and movies in 60Hz, 120Hz and 240Hz. I prefer 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz looks fake (soap opera-ish) to me.

By the way, if you really want to get this TV at the discounted price, stake out the locations today on which store has it in-stock and go to Target early Monday morning. My FW gut feeling says it'll be discounted by then. Good luck, all.

$699 for me at Columbus Central (OH) --They have 5 in stock.

$699 in Richmond, CA

$699 Tempe, AZ assuming all AZ

699.00 in Nashville 37221

salwana said:   Logan71 said:   Is it this TV?
There is no hi-def source, anywhere, that does higher than 1080p60. It does not exist. Broadcast television can get, at best, 1080i60, and that is very, very rare.
The only time 120hz comes into play is when you're attempting to smooth out 24p playback, because 120/24 = 5, whereas 60/24 = 2.5. Even in this case, the benefits are subtle, and vary WILDLY depending on the manufacturer.
This is the same [marketing] we got fed about 720p vs 1080p and plasma vs. lcd/led. Unless you have a specialized use case (computer monitor) ALL you should EVER care about is viewing distance and picture quality.
Personally, I've watched TV broadcasts and movies in 60Hz, 120Hz and 240Hz. I prefer 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz looks fake (soap opera-ish) to me.

By the way, if you really want to get this TV at the discounted price, stake out the locations today on which store has it in-stock and go to Target early Monday morning. My FW gut feeling says it'll be discounted by then. Good luck, all.

Clueless, watch a Blu-ray on a pioneer plasma from a few years ago. You'll see the difference, along with a 120-240hz TV. This price is a no-brainer for a great bedroom TV, you can't beat $349 for it regardless of the 60hz.

salwana said:   Personally, I've watched TV broadcasts and movies in 60Hz, 120Hz and 240Hz. I prefer 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz looks fake (soap opera-ish) to me.
No, you haven't. What you've done is watched programming with motion enhancement turned on. The refresh rate of a television is inherent to the set, and can't be "turned off". The simple fact that a set has a refresh rate of 120hz or 240hz will never result in the "soap opera" effect, only motion enhancement will. Motion enhancement should never be turned on for television show or movie viewing, only things like sports.

This is the part that really matters. When you watch a movie that is at 24hz (most movies) on a 60hz television, you'll have some amount of judder. Some people barely notice this, while it drives others nuts. Basically, what it comes down to is if you're buying a 60hz set, make sure you watch some movies on it right away. I've known a couple of people who didn't get around to watching anything but regular tv on their 60hz sets for months, and then once they finally got around to hooking up a blu-ray player and watching some movies they were really disappointed.

Thanks for the YMMV Atariman, strong deal.

No luck in Chesapeake, VA ($699).

$699 ay the Manalapan NJ store...will keep watching though.

$699 in Charlotte, NC

MisterBeefhead said:   salwana said:   Personally, I've watched TV broadcasts and movies in 60Hz, 120Hz and 240Hz. I prefer 60Hz. 120Hz and 240Hz looks fake (soap opera-ish) to me.
No, you haven't. What you've done is watched programming with motion enhancement turned on. The refresh rate of a television is inherent to the set, and can't be "turned off". The simple fact that a set has a refresh rate of 120hz or 240hz will never result in the "soap opera" effect, only motion enhancement will. Motion enhancement should never be turned on for television show or movie viewing, only things like sports.

This is the part that really matters. When you watch a movie that is at 24hz (most movies) on a 60hz television, you'll have some amount of judder. Some people barely notice this, while it drives others nuts. Basically, what it comes down to is if you're buying a 60hz set, make sure you watch some movies on it right away. I've known a couple of people who didn't get around to watching anything but regular tv on their 60hz sets for months, and then once they finally got around to hooking up a blu-ray player and watching some movies they were really disappointed.

I've still yet to meet the person who could consistently pick the 120hz set from a blu-ray, side X side comparison (both using in-store video system with baluns at 1080p). 120/240 is mostly hype.

No go in Costa Mesa, CA

699 and associate wasn't having it. Also, she said several people have already come in asking.

$699 in Atlanta, GA

LOL

Atariman56 said:   LOL

For the hottest non-deal, deal of the day. The royal order of Unicorn.

Went to all the Orlando stores and they were all $699.

I haven't seen a single person indicate they actually got this deal. Sounds like a target rep looking to get customers in there.

mustafai said:   I haven't seen a single person indicate they actually got this deal. Sounds like a target rep looking to get customers in there.

I think YOU'RE the Target rep trying to think they're not trying to get customers "in there".

mustafai said:   I haven't seen a single person indicate they actually got this deal. Sounds like a target rep looking to get customers in there.

Yup. Lots of Target store workers post faux deals here, hoping to get crabby, aggravated deal-hunters to come in the store. What's better than having someone ask you where the non-existant deal is?

And the Target corporate people love the good-will that's generated by having people leave the store empty-handed and disappointed.

I bet it's the electronic salespeople, they need somebody to talk to during their shift.

Does it look like I work at Target? They won't even let me in the front door. Prejudicial bastages I say.

No go in Fort Worth (Eastchase) and Grapevine, TX.

Price came up as 349.99 in eagleview, PA but was out of stock.

jpf6368 said:   Price came up as 349.99 in eagleview, PA but was out of stock.

Also true at the Target in Hilliard, OH. No stock, but 349.99.

Skipping 29 Messages...
TV screen or computer monitor? or combined function for TV and computer?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014