• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
MZ-7PC256B/WW 256GB - apply coupon code BTENBHN22 for 15% off. This code was emailed to me so it could be a targeted promo. YMMV.

$229.99
($31.00) instant savings
($29.85) 15% coupon BTENBHN22
-----------
$169.14 shipped

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SAMSUNG 256GB SSD
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Was ready to pull the trigger but like many, I wasn't one of the chosen few. It's like gym class all over again.

Parthanon (Aug. 20, 2012 @ 10:09p) |

FYI for those who don't qualify for the Newegg coupon, like me, B&H has it for 179.99 after adding to cart:
http://www.bh... (more)

ibaldana (Aug. 22, 2012 @ 10:32p) |

Newegg can shove it where the sun don't shine. These limited use coupons penalize west coast people who don't have acces... (more)

SimMike (Sep. 26, 2012 @ 7:27p) |

Terms:

*Up to a maximum discount of $200.00 per order. No minimum purchase required. Limit one use per customer. Only available while funds last. Expires 8/26/2012 or SOONER based on fund availability.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code BTENBHN22", sad face

Killer price for a luxury SSD. I wanted one but it is targeted. Applying the coupon said, 'Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code BTENBHN22.'

Code works for me. Is this better than Sandisk Extreme 240GB?

Must be a targeted thing... Too bad... been waiting for another low price on this...

I paid $385 8 months ago lol. fail.

Great drive though, no problems at all, still running 1.0 firmware.

This is probably the most reliable ssd on the consumer market.. Not the fastest... But probably 85% of the speed and 250% of the compatibility and quality

I can't get the code to work for me either, emo tear...

Code doesn't work for me either. Sad face.

For you desktop users if you have an Intel 7 series board you can now RAID 0 these puppies. What that means is you'd be better off getting two 128's and getting twice the performance for the same price (when on sale.)

Otherwise good deal OP, green!

chripuck said:   For you desktop users if you have an Intel 7 series board you can now RAID 0 these puppies. What that means is you'd be better off getting two 128's and getting twice the performance for the same price (when on sale.)

Otherwise good deal OP, green!

ORLY? That's interesting. Link?

{edit: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6161/intel-brings-trim-to-raid0-ss...

awesome!

Since most of us can't get the 15% code worked, you may put YMMV on the title.
malice9999 said:   MZ-7PC256B/WW 256GB - apply coupon code BTENBHN22 for 15% off. This code was emailed to me so it could be a targeted promo. YMMV.

$229.99
($31.00) instant savings
-----------
$169.14 shipped

Since most of us can't get the 15% code worked, you may put YMMV on the title.
malice9999 said:   MZ-7PC256B/WW 256GB - apply coupon code BTENBHN22 for 15% off. This code was emailed to me so it could be a targeted promo. YMMV.

$229.99
($31.00) instant savings
-----------
$169.14 shipped

Good deal, didn't really need one (got 2) but why not since I had a GC balance. Here were the additional terms:

*Up to a maximum discount of $200.00 per order. No minimum purchase required. Limit one use per customer. Only available while funds last. Expires 8/26/2012 or SOONER based on fund availability.

Does RAID 0 really help as much with SSDs? I suspect the effect will be far, far less pronounced than the move from spinning disk to SSD.

Didn't receive the coupon

Got one! Thanks!

FYI, at least one person on slickdeals has been able to get a CSR apply a credit for the promo code for those who couldn't get it to apply. More YMMV, but worth the effort, IMO.

Found out from another site , this deal is targeted to Newegg BUISNESS users only ; and wont work for the majority of Newegg users .

stereo55 said:   Found out from another site , this deal is targeted to Newegg BUISNESS users only ; and wont work for the majority of Newegg users .

That is incorrect information. I checked my e-mail when the OP posted the deal to see if I could use the code. I received the coupon in my e-mail and I've never had a business account.

hm interesting. I am signed up for the Newegg email list, but the code did not work.

Same here... This is BS because I buy from them several times per month, and I also have a neweggbusiness acct.

Yuyak said:   hm interesting. I am signed up for the Newegg email list, but the code did not work.

Yuyak said:   hm interesting. I am signed up for the Newegg email list, but the code did not work.

I think they look at your viewing history and then make recommendations/send coupons based on whether you've researched items in that category. That's my best guess since I've been looking at SSDs and memory a lot recently since I've been looking to upgrade one of my laptops from an HDD to an SSD as well as looking to upgrade its memory. I noticed that I've been receiving a lot of coupons relating to those categories i.e. targeted marketing.

I guess this is the result of big-data analysis that is being referred to in the media.

netadmin said:   Yuyak said:   hm interesting. I am signed up for the Newegg email list, but the code did not work.

I think they look at your viewing history and then make recommendations/send coupons based on whether you've researched items in that category. That's my best guess since I've been looking at SSDs and memory a lot recently since I've been looking to upgrade one of my laptops from an HDD to an SSD as well as looking to upgrade its memory. I noticed that I've been receiving a lot of coupons relating to those categories i.e. targeted marketing.

I guess this is the result of big-data analysis that is being referred to in the media.

I agree...been looking at all kinds of storage lately and been constantly looking at the Samsung SSDs due to all the deals popping up all over the place for comparison shopping.

Called CSR. No go.

iatacs19 said:   I paid $385 8 months ago lol. fail.

Great drive though, no problems at all, still running 1.0 firmware.

Same here, I have 3 from last Christmas.

I paid $360 each for mine

thanks in for 1

Was ready to pull the trigger but like many, I wasn't one of the chosen few. It's like gym class all over again.

FYI for those who don't qualify for the Newegg coupon, like me, B&H has it for 179.99 after adding to cart:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/845681-REG/Samsung_MZ_7PC2...

I almost pulled the trigger but I talked myself into making my 6GB of free space on my current 120GB SSD last a long as possible. My wife's birthday is coming up, I probably should be shopping for her b-day present instead

Newegg can shove it where the sun don't shine. These limited use coupons penalize west coast people who don't have access to a computer at work. It expired by the time I got home in Seattle, a mere four hours after it went active. People on the east coast working day-shift like me had the jump. Shame on your Newegg for getting greedy and in the process hurting some of your most loyal west coast customers, which is where you started, after all.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014