Voting History
rated:
www.staples.com

UPCOMING AD

being updated.

FREE
$9.99 - $9.99 easy rebate = FREE, Staples 4x6 photo paper 60/pack
Valid September 2 - September 8
Limit 2 rebates per household. Plus tax where applicable. In store only. While supplies last. For more information on Staples Rewards« or rebates, please see our main disclaimer.

FREE Quick Books Simple STARt (MAIL IN REBATE)
$99.99 - $9.99 instant savings - $90 mail-in rebate = FREE
Item: 366756

$2 Hammermill 500ct Reams
$6.99 - $4.99 easy rebate = $2

USE THE FAR COUPON http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BQPGx1B7SHGCB8tsVVCYXYkXt3/c... expires 9/1, but will scan fine on 9/2 and 9/3 as well. Possibly another FAR coupon will be out for next week as well. MUST BE SCANNED TWICE, once per ream to get both REAMS FAER. will be $4.99ac at store plus $4.99easy rebate.
In store only. While supplies last. Limit 2 rebates per household.
Add to In-Store List
Check In-Store Availability

Item: 122408
Model: 105007

20 lb.
92 US / 104+ Euro Bright
Moisture and curl resistant
Excellent for long-term filing and important papers
Acid free will not yellow or crumble over time
99.99% Jam-Free guarantee

Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I just was chatting with Parago via Staples Rebate site - they do not have any record of my rebate and the agent's solut... (more)

applegate123 (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 4:39p) |

It's safe to say there is a systematic problem. I have done many intuit rebates before and this is the first time I have... (more)

unnamedone (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 9:36a) |

Still haven't gotten my $90-QB rebate for offer# 545348496.
I've pre-registered, but the online status still shows nothin... (more)

DeGlass (Dec. 07, 2012 @ 8:46a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

also

Staples CASE (10 reams) Paper

$9.99 AFTER REWARDS

It's like paying $9.99
$48.99 - $39 back in Rewards = $9.99 after Rewards
Save $39
In store only. Limit 2 per customer.
Add to In-Store List
Check In-Store Availability

Item: 513096
Model: 513096-BL

Multipurpose paper for laser and inkjet prints and copies.
20 lb.
96 US / 109 Euro Bright
Bright white paper provides better contrast
Works great in your laser or inkjet printer
Acid free - will not yellow or crumble over time
10 reams/case; 500 sheets/ream

I'm not seeing any .01 items in the ad

Jasonlh1 said:   I'm not seeing any .01 items in the adThat's because school will have started already and people will need to come in to get stuff then didn't buy before. No need to give them an incentive to come in early.

billrubin said:   Jasonlh1 said:   I'm not seeing any .01 items in the adThat's because school will have started already and people will need to come in to get stuff then didn't buy before. No need to give them an incentive to come in early.

Bill,

that was my fault, not his. I had .01-$1 supplies in my title. Missed that the cheapest item was 50c this week. had to change it.

School supply deals have been sadly lacking this year. Got maybe 1/10th of my usual haul..

IF you still have some $10 off case paper mobile app coupons, the case paper would be FARewards. Last time this deal came around there were some who stacked 2 $10 case mobile app coupons with a $10 off $75 mobile app coupon. YMMV. Also, the $10 off $50 office supply mobile app coupon would work if you added $1.01 of filler to the $48.99 case paper. Coupons do not affect non-100% rewards products. One could also use competitor coupons for this as well.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

Bill,

that was my fault, not his. I had .01-$1 supplies in my title. Missed that the cheapest item was 50c this week. had to change it.

I see 0.25 for some bic pens, and the pencils, and the pencil cases (limit 4) (it might be regional though)

...and 0.75 filler paper

(I'm a beginning to think that this week (week of 8/26) hase much better deals.)

VivYip said:   I see 0.25 for some bic pens, and the pencils, and the pencil cases (limit 4) (it might be regional though)

...and 0.75 filler paper

(I'm a beginning to think that this week (week of 8/26) has much better deals.)

Time to use my remaining $1/2 Bic coupons. People who procrastinated and did not buy their school supplies in advance should be thrilled that Staples has these deals this week. 75c for filler paper is still better than regular price for people who go shopping for school supplies the night after their kids have started school. BTW, avoid shopping at Staples the first day of school .

So next week, everyone's favorite rebate, QuickBooks is back, can't wait to go through their rebate activation process again.

1brooklyn1 said:   So next week, everyone's favorite rebate, QuickBooks is back, can't wait to go through their rebate activation process again.I'll have to live vicariously thru your pain.

Really - more reams of HammerMill? This makes week 4 ...
Doesn't Staples know by now that I only get paid 'weakly'?

kaycen said:   Really - more reams of HammerMill? This makes week 4 ...
Doesn't Staples know by now that I only get paid 'weakly'?
If you get it 5 weeks in a row you get $5 in Rewards and have enough for a check if you're Premier.

If I got two reams last week, am I qualified for rebates for another two this week? It says limited 2 per name/address/household. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

mathfaster said:   IF you still have some $10 off case paper mobile app coupons, the case paper would be FARewards. Last time this deal came around there were some who stacked 2 $10 case mobile app coupons with a $10 off $75 mobile app coupon. YMMV. Also, the $10 off $50 office supply mobile app coupon would work if you added $1.01 of filler to the $48.99 case paper. Coupons do not affect non-100% rewards products. One could also use competitor coupons for this as well.

my understanding is that you can buy the case paper with rewards and still get the reward.

mrlandlord said:   mathfaster said:   IF you still have some $10 off case paper mobile app coupons, the case paper would be FARewards. Last time this deal came around there were some who stacked 2 $10 case mobile app coupons with a $10 off $75 mobile app coupon. YMMV. Also, the $10 off $50 office supply mobile app coupon would work if you added $1.01 of filler to the $48.99 case paper. Coupons do not affect non-100% rewards products. One could also use competitor coupons for this as well.

my understanding is that you can buy the case paper with rewards and still get the reward.

If that does work which I don't doubt since coupons do not reduce the payout, that is the only instance I can think of where you can roll rewards at Staples.

janmirene said:   If I got two reams last week, am I qualified for rebates for another two this week? It says limited 2 per name/address/household. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Yes, you can buy another 2 reams this week if you bought 2 last week. Go to stapleseasyrebates in the future and look up the offer numbers and the dates the offers are in effect. If different dates (which should also mean different offer numbers) you are able to purchase the offer again and get the rebate for the new offer.

mathfaster said:   janmirene said:   If I got two reams last week, am I qualified for rebates for another two this week? It says limited 2 per name/address/household. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Yes, you can buy another 2 reams this week if you bought 2 last week. Go to stapleseasyrebates in the future and look up the offer numbers and the dates the offers are in effect. If different dates (which should also mean different offer numbers) you are able to purchase the offer again and get the rebate for the new offer.

That answered my question as well, thank you!

oobihsi said:   mathfaster said:   janmirene said:   If I got two reams last week, am I qualified for rebates for another two this week? It says limited 2 per name/address/household. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

That answered my question as well, thank you!

Excellent, thank you!

MISTERCHEAP said:   

USE THE FAR COUPON http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BQPGx1B7SHGCB8tsVVCYXYkXt3/c... expires 9/1, but will scan fine on 9/2 and 9/3 as well. Possibly another FAR coupon will be out for next week as well.

I clicked on the FAR coupon link just now and my coupon is showing that it expires Monday, 9/3 (not today, 9/1).

Gotta love this 39 cents a ream (the tax due) photocopy paper deal...

MrVietnam said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

USE THE FAR COUPON http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BQPGx1B7SHGCB8tsVVCYXYkXt3/c... expires 9/1, but will scan fine on 9/2 and 9/3 as well. Possibly another FAR coupon will be out for next week as well.

I clicked on the FAR coupon link just now and my coupon is showing that it expires Monday, 9/3 (not today, 9/1).

Gotta love this 39 cents a ream (the tax due) photocopy paper deal...

Well if you include the $.50 from 10% paper rewards it is a free to MM depending on one's tax rate.

I can't see how I'm gonna get to $75 this week for a $10 off $75. Won't buy QuickBooks, don't wanna deal with MIR. Might just get two reams, two cases of paper (still have two $10 off case paper app coupons), and skip the photo paper. Don't really wanna deal with trying to use two app coupons at the same time.

Case Paper 48.99
2 Photo 19.98 9.99
2 paper 13.98 6.99
Total 82.95
coupon ( 4.00)
10off case(10.00)
25 off 75 (25.00) If you can find a instore coupon or substitute 10 off 75 change figures below
Cost 43.95
tax 8 1/2 3.62
Out door 47.57
Rebates (9.98)
Rebates (19.98)
Cost 17.61
Rewards 39.00

Total profit including rewards is 21.39

I haven't done this but I'm thinking this should work. Anyone know anything different?

Where have all the big ticket FAR SER items gone ? I have now a long string of back to back $40 ink rewards coming due monthly starting Sept 30 !

invisible said:   Where have all the big ticket FAR SER items gone ? I have now a long string of back to back $40 ink rewards coming due monthly starting Sept 30 !

well, there are about $30 worth of ser's this week on the photo/ream papers.

however, the big $ value software rebates of late have been MIR's. the Quik Books USED to be an SER up til late 2011/early 2012, but are now MIR's.

Competitors coupons being inputted as price matches and them lowering the price I pay for Free after Rebate items is ending the attractiveness of Staples rebates. It never lowered the price of the rebate in the past. I guess I'll avoid all the useless photo paper deals from now on and only use Staples coupons. My cashiers are snippy when I tell them which items to apply the competitor's coupon to as well.

ryryslide said:   Competitors coupons being inputted as price matches and them lowering the price I pay for Free after Rebate items is ending the attractiveness of Staples rebates. It never lowered the price of the rebate in the past. I guess I'll avoid all the useless photo paper deals from now on and only use Staples coupons. My cashiers are snippy when I tell them which items to apply the competitor's coupon to as well.

you still get the rebate as advertised even if the price on the receipt is lowered by a price match. not sure what you're talking about.

Not anymore. If I buy 2 photopapers at $9.99 a piece and some pens at .25 and use a $10 of 20 competitor coupon they are doing this:

9.99 SPLS PHOTO PLUS GL
Price override -$5.00
9.99 SPLS PHOTO PLUS GL
Price override -$5.00
.25 BIG ROUNDSTICK BP

and I'll submit the rebate and will only get $9.98 back

ryryslide said:   Competitors coupons being inputted as price matches and them lowering the price I pay for Free after Rebate items is ending the attractiveness of Staples rebates. It never lowered the price of the rebate in the past. I guess I'll avoid all the useless photo paper deals from now on and only use Staples coupons. My cashiers are snippy when I tell them which items to apply the competitor's coupon to as well.

you are mistaken, the rebate IS NOT lowered. enter the rebate as you normally would on the easy rebate site, you'll get the full amount. a price match WILL NOT LOWER the rebate payout. what part of this isn't clear? I already said this in the prior post.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ryryslide said:   Competitors coupons being inputted as price matches and them lowering the price I pay for Free after Rebate items is ending the attractiveness of Staples rebates. It never lowered the price of the rebate in the past. I guess I'll avoid all the useless photo paper deals from now on and only use Staples coupons. My cashiers are snippy when I tell them which items to apply the competitor's coupon to as well.

you are mistaken, the rebate IS NOT lowered. enter the rebate as you normally would on the easy rebate site, you'll get the full amount. a price match WILL NOT LOWER the rebate payout. what part of this isn't clear? I already said this in the prior post.

There have been posts on SD since around mid-June of competitor coupons reducing the payouts on UP TO rebates. However, it has not been consistent from week to week. Even not using a BTS pass you have to look at the rebate for a given week. There have been UP TO BTS rebates and just UP TO rebates on photo paper. It seems that the UP TO w/o being a BTS rebate are having the full rebate amount being reduced by a 100% competitor price match just like for UP TO regional priced products. W/o people posting receipts it has been difficult to determine the rules.

http://tinypic.com/r/2uo42o4/6

Should be getting 19.98 back, not 7.98... I can't see any other reason for it except the price override.

ryryslide said:   Not anymore. If I buy 2 photopapers at $9.99 a piece and some pens at .25 and use a $10 of 20 competitor coupon they are doing this:

9.99 SPLS PHOTO PLUS GL
Price override -$5.00
9.99 SPLS PHOTO PLUS GL
Price override -$5.00
.25 BIG ROUNDSTICK BP

and I'll submit the rebate and will only get $9.98 back

This has not been my experience at all. As long as the SKU is on the receipt, I've been getting FULL rebate amounts... even when store manager did price override to $0.01 on an item a couple of months ago to resolve a previous store-related screw-up.

ryryslide said:   http://tinypic.com/r/2uo42o4/6

Should be getting 19.98 back, not 7.98... I can't see any other reason for it except the price override.

OK, to clarify, it's not the use of competitor coupons that hurting you here as much as the "up to" wording which is in effect now as mathfaster outlined below.

It's hopefully temporary, as the BTS pass thing s/b ending anytime now (9/15 perhaps? not sure of the end date on that program).

anytime you see "UP TO" wording on a rebate, you may only get what you actually paid.

Had the wording simply been "get a $9.99 rebate" and no mention of "up to", you'd still get $9.99 even if they pm'ed at $4.99 per pack.

I wasn't thinking about the up to wording when you posted before, so thanks to Mathfaster for chiming in about it. sorry for the confusion.

Obviously something wrong, but based on your earlier post, you'd be getting back $9.98.

Note the difference in the wording of the photo paper for these 2 weeks. The first one is a non-BTS UP TO rebate. The second is a BTS UP TO rebate. The first one is like the UP TO regional rebates for products where the price can vary across the country.

Product: HP Everyday Photo Paper, 8.5 x 11, Gloss 50 Pack
Rebate reward: Variable Check

Purchase dates: 08-26-2012 through 09-01-2012
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Up to $8.99 Rebate on an HP Everyday 8.5 x 11 50pk Photo Paper (SKU 809757) at Staples
Rebate Offer
Number: 12-15608

Product: Staples Photo Supreme Paper Double Sided Matte
Rebate reward: $12.24 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
$12.24 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
$14.49 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
$14.49 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
Learn more about the Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
Purchase dates: 08-19-2012 through 08-25-2012
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Get Up to a $14.49 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on a Staples Photo Supreme Paper, Double Sided Matte 50 pk (SKU 564121) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Offer
Number: 12-12164

On the rebate form, it mentions these SKUs:

$90 Mail in rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Simple Start (SKU's 366756,365853,369783,369794) at Staples

But the one I got in store has a SKU of 417003. Would that be a problem in the past?

tomprc said:   On the rebate form, it mentions these SKUs:

$90 Mail in rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Simple Start (SKU's 366756,365853,369783,369794) at Staples

But the one I got in store has a SKU of 417003. Would that be a problem in the past?

That is a QB sku not a Staples sku.

tomprc said:   On the rebate form, it mentions these SKUs:

Did a rebate form print out at the register in store? it should have. if it didn't, are you sure you got the right software?

if a rebate form printed out, you're likely ok. perhaps an old sku on the label on the store shelf?

If the rebate says "Rebate reward: Variable Check", then price match/override reduces the rebate.

Skipping 67 Messages...
Still haven't gotten my $90-QB rebate for offer# 545348496.
I've pre-registered, but the online status still shows nothing has been received by mail.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014