• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
billrubin said:   dacii said:   For the QuickBooks Simple Start rebate, what needs to be mailed in, in place of "ORIG. Rebate Redemption Form, Orig .UPC", given I bought the Downloadable version on Staples.com? Should it be a printout of the "Thank you for your purchase. Download Software Now!" email that contains the license key, or the "We Received Staples Order # 9231501576" that includes my other purchases in the same order?What does the rebate form say? I'm sure it must mention what to do for downloaded software.

Nope, just what I posted above in double quotes + the Company ID:
https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/promocenter/staples/promotion...

I don't see that discussed in the last round of QB SS MIR either:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1196115/?start=40

I submitted here--

https://www.intuitrebates.com/promocenter/intuit/promo_detail.ht...

Promotion: $90 Mail in rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Simple Start (SKU's 366756,365853,369783,369794) at Staples
Purchase Dates: 09-02-2012 through 09-08-2012
Postmarked by: 10-06-2012
Rebate Reward: $90.00 Check
Required Product(s): QuickBooks Online Simple Start

Additional Promotion Details
Rebate Rules: Offer valid only for customers who purchase and activate QuickBooks Online Simple Start between 9/02/2012 and 9/08/2012 at Staples stores or online at Staples.com. Rebate amount does not include tax, phone, or s/h charges. Not valid or combinable with any other offers unless otherwise specified by Intuit. Limit one rebate per person, household, company or address per year. All required materials must accompany rebate coupon. Rebate submission must be postmarked by 10/06/2012. Rebate paid in US funds. Void where prohibited. Intuit is not responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, or postage-due mail. Claims of non-payment will require photocopy substantiation of all required items. Fraudulent submissions may result in federal prosecution. To specify your contact preferences for Intuit special offers, visit https://privacy.intuit.com. Allow approximately 9 weeks for delivery. After installing the Online Simple Start software, the 9-digit Company ID can be found by clicking the "My account" link in the product. The Company ID is in the upper right hand corner OR under your company name on the confirmation email receipt received after product activation.

Actual rebate form (the one the site generates and your print out and send in) didn't ask for any Company ID... it mentions how to get a company ID, but only asks you to include original UPC and store receipt. Am I going to have to fight with them over this?

See "Mailing Instructions" steps 1-5, which I followed for my submission (attached, redacted).

See this pdf file for my 2 receipts that shows non-refundable balance coupon.

Left side is the return order B. Right side is the purchase order A.

In order A, I used a $40 reward + $39.77 balance coupon ending with XX2963. Note that it is a balance coupon, not a "refund coupon".

In order B, the $39.77 balance coupon is not refundable.

Perhaps somebody can come up a credible alternative explanation.

Did you return the purchase where you used that $0.23 from the reward coupon expiring 12/31/12?

Since part of this thread is devoted to Balance Coupons and Refund Coupons, I would like to state the obvious:
If you return the items past the original expiration date of the reward, you will NOT get a Refund Coupon.

I also have another piece of information which might be useful to many:
If you partially use your rewards coupon on the expiration date, the balance coupon prints with an additional 30 days expiry. Comes in handy whenever I have not been able to convert it to cash. I don't have to waste it on a frivolous purchase just because it's expiring.

c3 said:   Did you return the purchase where you used that $0.23 from the reward coupon expiring 12/31/12?

no i don't think so.

Has anyone received multiple balance/refund coupons from the same return transaction? Maybe the system has a bug in this complex scenario.

tomprc said:   c3 said:   Did you return the purchase where you used that $0.23 from the reward coupon expiring 12/31/12?

no i don't think so.

Is the $39.77 coupon from a purchase or a return?

c3 said:   Has anyone received multiple balance/refund coupons from the same return transaction? Maybe the system has a bug in this complex scenario.If you use 2 (or more) separate rewards on the same purchase, a return generates multiple return coupons.

labboypro said:   Actual rebate form (the one the site generates and your print out and send in) didn't ask for any Company ID... it mentions how to get a company ID, but only asks you to include original UPC and store receipt. Am I going to have to fight with them over this?

See "Mailing Instructions" steps 1-5, which I followed for my submission (attached, redacted).

Anyone with experience on this issue?

labboypro said:   labboypro said:   Actual rebate form (the one the site generates and your print out and send in) didn't ask for any Company ID... it mentions how to get a company ID, but only asks you to include original UPC and store receipt. Am I going to have to fight with them over this?

Anyone with experience on this issue?

If you look at the rebate form that printed out when you bought the QB, it has a line for company ID. One can use that form as the rebate form AND receipt from what I understand. Otherwise, from posts I have seen just hand write the company ID on whatever rebate form you are using and send that in plus receipt and UPC cut from the box.

c3 said:   tomprc said:   c3 said:   Did you return the purchase where you used that $0.23 from the reward coupon expiring 12/31/12?

no i don't think so.

Is the $39.77 coupon from a purchase or a return?

Since you asked, now I am not sure any more. I have so many coupons and returns. I searched and cannot find receipt that produced this coupon.

MsMorrisine said:   not surprisingly, the 68786 for the paper @ $2 off worked todayAny success today?

aarzi said:   
If you partially use your rewards coupon on the expiration date, the balance coupon prints with an additional 30 days expiry.

Was pleasantly surprised to discover this just last week!

the paper coupon really does expire on 9/8/12... but remember the rebate has not changed for this week

(if a person who uses google chrome can print to pdf, please do so. Thank you)

they also have the case paper FARewards limit 2 also. (i would print to pdf but the work computer won't let me using chrome...and firefox can't print to pdf...sigh)

Received an email saying my QuickBooks rebate was invalid for "company ID".

Called 1-800-201-0845*. Talked to the guy and found out company ID was fine, but I registered the software outside of the 9/2/12-9/8/12 window. Because I'm a "valued customer" he validated my rebate.

A six day window is incredibly tight to buy software, receive it in the mail, and register the software. Pretty ridiculous. I hate these games, especially with $90 on the line.

edit: Oops, I originally had the wrong phone number in my post. I corrected it. See MathFaster's post below for detailed calling instructions. Thanks MF!

IamN41 said:   Received an email saying my QuickBooks rebate was invalid for "company ID".

Called 1-800-632-4600. Talked to the guy and found out company ID was fine, but I registered the software outside of the 9/2/12-9/8/12 window. Because I'm a "valued customer" he validated my rebate.

A six day window is incredibly tight to buy software, receive it in the mail, and register the software. Pretty ridiculous. I hate these games, especially with $90 on the line.

Same issue with "invalid company id". Just got the email this morning from Parago. Mailed the rebate last week. Did not pre-register with Intuit and did activate last week. Will call this morning. This is a common problem with this rebate. Parago does not seem to get an updated list of company ids from Intuit. All I mailed last week was the Staples rebate form and the UPC with the Co # on the line on the form.

ETA:

Just called. Used this phone number and details at SD to get this validated on the phone.

1. Call 800-201-0845
2. Press 0 and you will get a rep.
3. Give the tracking #
4. Rep verifies your name and address
5. Provide the Company ID
6. Rebate Validated.
7. Refresh the page after 5-10 mins and the rebate is valid.

Thanks to zas at SD from the previous MIR on QB in June 2012.

Added info to previous post.

Got hit with the same "invalid company id" problem!
It is too bad I received the email this Saturday morning and no rep on the other side of phone works over the weekend.
Yet I am leaving for an 2+weeks overseas trip this weekend.
Sent an email to them (via rebate site). Will see how it goes.
These Intuite rebate! Will not try it in the future.

I sent off my QuickBooks rebate on 9/5, didn't pre-register, which was dumb of me. It still hasn't shown up on the rebate tracking at all. Anyone else have this problem?

metsfan said:   I sent off my QuickBooks rebate on 9/5, didn't pre-register, which was dumb of me. It still hasn't shown up on the rebate tracking at all. Anyone else have this problem?Plenty of rebates not showing up via posts on sd. I did not pre-register and cashed out my rebate a week ago.

metsfan said:   I sent off my QuickBooks rebate on 9/5, didn't pre-register, which was dumb of me. It still hasn't shown up on the rebate tracking at all. Anyone else have this problem?

very common issue with Intuit, they only show up at the very end, when a check is ready to be cut. give it 8 weeks total, if you don't see anything by then, you can start to worry. typically, once you see the "rebate approved" message show up, you'll have your check within 10-14 days.

Has anyone gotten their rebate? I didn't pre-register and haven't heard a word from them. No email no letter...

unnamedone said:   Has anyone gotten their rebate? I didn't pre-register and haven't heard a word from them. No email no letter...

Nothing here either. No status online, no letter, no check.

I just was chatting with Parago via Staples Rebate site - they do not have any record of my rebate and the agent's solution was "the reason that we do not have a record of your rebate is because we don't receive it. And since it was not received, there is nothing further that can be done." I indicated that I have copies of the rebate forms - then the agent just says they do not handle Intuit rebates with Intuit's main number and then disconnected chat!!!! I am waiting on hold with Intuit now. (I did not preregister my rebate)

It's safe to say there is a systematic problem. I have done many intuit rebates before and this is the first time I have problem. I will give them one more chance this black friday before I put them on my no-rebate list.

Still haven't gotten my $90-QB rebate for offer# 545348496.
I've pre-registered, but the online status still shows nothing has been received by mail.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014