Quad Core Mali 400
8GB Rom
Dual Wifi antena

Gyro/QWERTY Remote is 19.99 Link

MK802 is the most hacked so far with many Roms and Distros

This is Info on Fedora 17 XFCE for MK802

This is Info for Ubuntu on MK802 for MK802 with Droidmote installed

This is Info on how to install CyanogenMod 10 for MK802

Here is Droidmote Client if you have an android phone.

Droidmote Server is $2.58 for the Android Mini PC and is Here if you already have and Android device.

Some Linux Distros for these include DroidMote.

UG802 Info

How to Root the UG802

Best Custom Rom for UG802 so far is this one at 2dark4u/Finless 1.7 for UG802

Linux arrived for the UG802 but is pre-alpha here Ubuntu XFCE Pre-Alpha

There are some Wifi issues with UG802 and most are fixed by getting a new 2.1A usb Charger and/or cleaning debris of the board.

XBMC Beta has been release and should work fine on the Dual cores. Get it Here

MK802 still has no open source vpu drivers. They are trying to reverse engineer them but who knows when they will be available so will have problems with 720P videos.

The Linux Pre-Alpha should work on the MK808 also and there are good custom roms for it on freaktabs forum.

There is a new MK808B that is same as MK808 but with bluetooth and has Jellybean Rom Here for $56.99

Member Summary

UG802 Android Computer on a Stick (19.28kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This works great for a wired connection on my mk802+

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190432098423

starsin2000 (Nov. 10, 2012 @ 1:26p) |

Hello. I bought an android tv I installed mk808 mk808 Finless 1.5a ROM Root. The problem is that he sees the WiFi networ... (more)

cristiudrea (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 7:46a) |

It arrived a day before we left for Vegas.... It really came in handy with the kids. The in room movies on demand were 1... (more)

NICKel (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 9:27a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Is this an advertisement? Major fail for not posting price of the product ($69.99).

There are some Wifi issues with UG802 and I saw a video Wifi Mod to fix it but have not done it yet to mine.

Video

$69 for this is a bit too much.

How is this hot?

From what I can find, this price is ~ $20 less than retail and about $5 less than some special group buy that's going on. The gadget itself sounds great. You plug it into your TV's HDMI and it turns your TV into a smart TV running Android, sort of like turning your TV into a giant Android tablet complete with Wifi and 3D graphics. Supposedly it has USB connections so you can plug in your keyboard or mouse. It sounds pretty cool, but it's so new that I can't find a user review, or even a real hands-on.

And with XBMC for android I think it is a great device. This is the only video I have found for it and it looks bigger that I thought it would be (or that guy/girl has small hands)

Video

It gets a AnTuTu Benchmard over 6800

Here is some info how to root it also

Root

This is a great deal actually. I have the G-box II from androidtvbox but after reading about this new mini box here http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/89-dual-core-android-stick-pc... I have been wanting to get one and this is lower priced than it was mentioned. I already sold my Logitech revue and WD Live TV for these boxes mainly for the xbmc support.

I'll be ordering one today and will run some benchmarks against my MK802.

I am getting mine for HTPC so can play Project M Visualizations on my TV while listening to Music and to plug in a USB Hard Drive for Movies, but can do gaming. I am not going to try and use it for gaming for a while but I think you can get a controller to use with it. I am not going to get the stuff to test it for at lest 6 months but if someone else wants to this is what I have found so far.

Need USB Dongle and Amazon has them for .89

Here is a Sixaxis Controller for $16.80

Here is Info and Instructions on how to get a Sixaxis Controller to work with it.

Here is a SixAxis Compatibility Checker once USB Dongle is installed.

this is a good price, Its better than buying a smart TV or blueray, more versatile.

Bump to compare to the MK802+

I just bought a UG802 as well.

UG802 Android 4.0 TV Stick Dongle - 4GB Wifi HDMI Android Mini PC w/ Cortex A9 Dual Core 1.2GHz QUAD-core GPU

gadgetgreats $63

or

in4dealz $70

Read this post for info on it and why it's better than the MK802+ posted here.

xna(deadhp1) said: UG802-Rockchip rk3066 Dual core based device specs:
1.2GHZ rk3066, Mali400 QUAD-core GPU, 1gb ram, 4gb flash,
wifi b/g/n, micro-usb for power, full size usb and micro-sd.
Again no power button in software or hardware. Wifi has good range.
Antutu score of 6801. Plays 1080p no problem.

I bought the in4dealz one, I saw the other for cheap after but wasn't worth cancelling etc

how is this powered since it connects via hdmi?

GWBush said:   Is this an advertisement? Major fail for not posting price of the product ($69.99).

Really......

shaolindragonz said:   how is this powered since it connects via hdmi?What's in the box?
1 x Android Mini PC UG802
1 x Charger
1 x HDMI Cable
1 x USB Cable
1 x OTG adapter
1 x User Manual

daweeze002 said:   I'll be ordering one today and will run some benchmarks against my MK802.Please come back and update when you do. I have the MK802 as well, but not sure I want to invest in too many of these things. I hope there is a lot of progress in this market segment as I think it really fills a void.

Could someone please explain why these things don't have wired network capabilities

^ From the link in my post above

deadhp1 said: I did test an eBay usb ethernet dongle which worked great.

I assume you could hub and run everything you need.

Ethernet RJ-45 is kind of large.

shastada said:   daweeze002 said:   I'll be ordering one today and will run some benchmarks against my MK802.Please come back and update when you do. I have the MK802 as well, but not sure I want to invest in too many of these things. I hope there is a lot of progress in this market segment as I think it really fills a void.

From the link in my post above.

It seems to be almost 3x as fast.

deadhp1 said:
I've been looking at these android usb sticks for a while now.
Here's my take on them:

Note: None of these devices have bluetooth built in.

MK802- all around solid allwinner a10 based.
specs: 1ghz A10 SOC, Mali400 single core GPU, 512 or 1gb ram, 4gb flash, wifi b/g/n, mini-usb for power, full size usb and micro-sd.
Can sometimes have issues with heat if driven really hard. Missing ESD protection for HDMI. No power button in hardware or software.
The wifi can be a little weak.
It can boot from micro-sd and has a linux port already.
Antutu score is around 2380.
Plays 1080p no problem.
Price:~$55-~75
There is a new model out called mk802 II that fixes some issues and adds another usb port.

Oval Elephant(uhost)- a better allwinner a10 based stick
specs: 1ghz A10 SOC, Mali400 single core GPU, 1gb ram, 4gb flash, wifi b/g/n, mini-usb for power, full size usb and micro-sd. Also have built in microphone and microphone port.
Better than the MK802 but not as popular. Has ESD HDMI protection and a software power button.
It can also boot from micro-sd and has a linux port.
The wifi can be a little weak.
Antutu score is around 2450.
Plays 1080p no problem.
Price:~55(uhost)-$74(Oval Elephant)

CX-01-low heat telechips based stick.
specs: 800mhz Telechips tcc8925, Mali400 single core GPU, 512mb ram, 4gb or 8gb flash, wifi b/g/n, micro-usb for power and full size usb.
The micro-usb port is nice instead of the mini-usb. It's half the size of the mk802.
It lacks a micro-sd card slot and lacks a power button.
It seems to have some problems with wifi range and disconnecting. Wifi seems a little slow.
Antutu score is around 2150.
Plays 720p no problem. 1080p varies depending on the file.
Not as nice as the A10 based systems but it will work in a pinch. It's also quite cheap.
Price:~$45(4gb)-~$55(8gb)

UG802-Rockchip rk3066 Dual core based device
specs: 1.2GHZ rk3066, Mali400 QUAD-core GPU, 1gb ram, 4gb flash, wifi b/g/n, micro-usb for power, full size usb and micro-sd.
Again no power button in software or hardware.
Wifi has good range.
Antutu score of 6801.
Plays 1080p no problem.
Price:~$89

I just received a sample of the UG802 stick today. It pretty much runs rings around the others. The wifi has better range than my Photon and it gets a better Antutu score. The built in launcher is nicer.
My only problem is that Rockchip is not as open as Allwinner or Telechips. There is no kernel source to be had.
I'll be keeping this and my CX-01. The CX-01 is going to be for the garage, the UG802 is going on my main tv.
I chose to keep the CX-01 to experiment with, a custom rom is in the works on the pandawill forum.
I gave my Oval Elephant to my brother as it's a very nice stick and would work well for him(he's a newbie to android).

My mk802 has already been sold on eBay. In my opinion it just wasn't worth keeping when I had the Oval Elephant.

Anyway top of my list is the UG802, but I'm sure that will change as soon as a quad-core stick gets released.

From the link above, looks like no go with 'hbo go' which I thought works with mk802 per some other post.

shaolindragonz said:   how is this powered since it connects via hdmi?

It has USB interface, so you can power it via adapter or your TV.

blueribb said:   Could someone please explain why these things don't have wired network capabilities

As we know it is a mini PC, so every inch in the equipment is very valuable. And it will take much space to create wired network interface.

wajuebao said:   blueribb said:   Could someone please explain why these things don't have wired network capabilities

As we know it is a mini PC, so every inch in the equipment is very valuable. And it will take much space to create wired network interface.

I'm sorry but I don't think the required jack and associated circuitry would take much additional space or even cost. This unit boasts 1080p but as we all know, streaming 1080p over wireless is iffy at best. They're boosting the cpu and gpu but forgetting those with wired networks.

Do not order from in4deal. They had horrible customer service and refuse to cancel your order even it is not shipped yet. such a cheater.

blueribb said:   Could someone please explain why these things don't have wired network capabilities
Ask the engineer that designed it.

@birdogoply
I seriously doubt bluetooth usb micro adapter dongle would work atleast with android due to lack of drivers.
So u will have to find a six axis controller with wifi support if its available

Hey did you received your order titan
I am going to buy one from in4dealz as some other members have reported in earlier posts that they have got theirs from in4dealz.
or can I trust gadgetgreatz.com
I havent ordered anything from any of these websites before
plz reply asap

There are custom Roms for the MK802 that add Bluetooth capabilities so I am sure it is only time till they have them for the UG802. The MK802 rom might work for this one but again I am not going to try for a while anyway.

Here is info on the Rom for MK802 with Bluetooth by CyanogenMod - > Linky

Not yet.

I have one of these things, and I'm thinking about rooting it and installing Android 4.0. How can I do it? Fairly new to Android...

It should have Android 4 on it already but in my first post is a link to root it. If you are talking about putting on a custom rom of android 4 then the instructions are usually the same place as the rom but I am not sure they have custom roms for this yet. This just came out. I haven't found any yet anyway.

Any one got UG802 can you please write your first impression? I am intrested in
1. Does it get hot like MK802?
2. Is there a power off switch? Soft or hard?
3. Can we output hbo go with this?

Thanks,

nanga said:   Any one got UG802 can you please write your first impression? I am intrested in
1. Does it get hot like MK802?
2. Is there a power off switch? Soft or hard?
3. Can we output hbo go with this?

Thanks,

1. It gets barely warm. I've had an mk802, Oval Elephant(uHost), and a cx-01. It mostly compares to the cx-01 in terms of heat.
The ventilation on the ug802 is really good. I've been running my testing unit 24/7 for quite a while now.
2. There is no power switch. Neither software or hardware. We've been using QuickBoot to turn it off which causes it to reboot.
When it reboots you need to pull the plug fast because the system is up and running in about 10-15 seconds.
3.HBO Go app doesn't allow output to HDMI. Blame HBO for that genius move.

The official Hulu Plus app installs but the device is not on their supported list, so videos won't play. A modified version does work well.

What works well is Netflix, Crackle, Onlive, etc.
Plays 1080p mkv's without breaking a sweat. It loads up my ntfs 1TB external usb hd.
I have a couple of different bluetooth adapters and webcams coming this week to test on it.

My ug802 needed to have a fix applied for the Play Store to allow me to download paid apps. A lot of apps we're showing up as "Isn't Available In You Country" or "Not Compatible". So after a bunch of reading I found someone had a similar problem with another device. For some reason the ug802 if not plugged into a cell modem has it's carrier hardcoded to China Mobile. I've posted the fix at http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/08/15/dual-core-rockchip-rk3066-mini-pc-now-available-for-88-88/comment-page-8/#comment-12491

It should be noted that most of the companies selling the UG802 list it as being 1.6GHZ. In reality it's 1.2GHZ. The chip is capable of 1.6GHZ but the manufacturers of the device have set the kernel to only allow up to 1.2GHZ speed. This is because at higher speeds the UG802 needs a bit more power, which many hdtv usb ports or cellphone adapters are unable to supply.

This is pretty much the best android stick on the market now. For the average user it's fantastic.
I actually own 3 of the ug802 and have a 4th one in the mail.

I like it so much I've started a side project to have a custom version produced with upgraded ram and flash(2GB ram and 16GB flash). I've even sent out 2 units to rom developers in hopes of getting custom roms and CWM on it.
It's called Dual Droid TV Stick.
I know it's a bit more expensive($125), but the specs are much better(full 1.6GHZ, 2x the ram, and 4x the storage space).
It's also set on fixed funding so if we don't meet the goal then all the money gets returned. If anyone is really interested it's easy to find it on google.

I figured I would also share a cheaper link for the original UG802 $63.49 at http://www.gadgetgreats.com/ug802-android-4-0-mini-pc-tv-dongle-a9-dual-core-1-2ghz-wifi-hdmi-ug802.html
I ordered my 4th one a couple of days ago through this link. It shipped out today.

Does anyone know if the RC11 Fly mouse will work with the UG802 or would the Lenovo multimedia remote/kb/mouse work better?

Doua said:   Does anyone know if the RC11 Fly mouse will work with the UG802 or would the Lenovo multimedia remote/kb/mouse work better?

I hear that air mice work really well with the UG802 and the other android tv sticks. That Lenovo combo is also often sold with the MK802, UG802, cx-01, and others.
Personally I like my Logitech k400(got it for $1.08) and I also use a Rii Mini keyboard/touchpad/laser pointer.
You can use pretty much any wireless usb keyboard combo you want.

deleted

at http://www.gadgetgreats.com/ug802-android-4-0-mini-pc-tv-dongle-...
they have it now for 64.99dls..under their description they don't mention anything about a microSD card slot.....

Skipping 22 Messages...
It arrived a day before we left for Vegas.... It really came in handy with the kids. The in room movies on demand were 13.99 so we just hooked it up to the hotel room LCD and voila! angry birds and Netflix via the (#$!@ 25.00 RESORT FEE!! REALLY VEGAS!) hotel wifi.

I think the thing just paid for itself. We brought along a wireless mouse and I used chrome a few times and it worked great.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014