• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Trico Onyx (166.29kB)
Disclaimer
Go through Fatwallet's Advance Auto link to activate 5% Fat Cash. Place your order online for in store pick up. The rebates are good through 26 September.

Trico Onyx blades are $17.99-$26.99 depending on required blade length. $20 rebate on purchase of two.
STP Multipurpose Motor Treatment (16 oz.) is $8.99/can with $8.99 rebate.

Your total for a pair of blades and a can of STP should be a little over $50. If it is a bit short of $50 throw in a packet of Permatex goo for around a dollar or maybe some windshield washer as filler to get up to $50.

At checkout, use code A123 for $20 off $50.
EDIT: Labor Day Only you can stack the code LABOR for an extra 20% off (Thanks, imm19).

My order was:

$21.99 - Trico Onyx 20"
$24.99 - Trico Onyx 24"
$8.99 - STP
--------------------------------------
$55.97 - Total
-$20.00 - Code A123
-$7.19 - Code LABOR (valid through 03 Sept. only)
$28.78 - Purchase price
$2.37 - Local sales tax
-$20.00 - Trico Rebate
-$8.99 - STP rebate
-$1.44 - 5% Fat Cash
$0.72 - Final cost

Trico Onyx blades at Advance Auto

STP Multpurpose Motor Treatment at Advance Auto

Rebates at Advance Auto

*** Remember to order through Fatwallet's link to Advance Auto and not the links in my post so you can get your Fat Cash. ***

EDIT: See Quick Summary for extra $10/blade rebate.

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts coupons that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Trico Onyx wiper blades (36.80kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I just notified that my $20 card was shipped. I should have bought more than 2 .

billrubin (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 7:17p) |

Update --

I received my $40 rebate card for the extra $10/blade rebates. My total loot from this deal was:

4 Trico Onyx w... (more)

Kariput (Nov. 12, 2012 @ 9:38a) |

Received email today, 1 December 2012 from Advanced Auto Parts Customer Service:

Dear java007,

We are pleased to inform yo... (more)

java007 (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 11:24a) |

Extra rebate: $10/blade --- YMMV
Trico rebate - Thanks emily156.

Open link and click on "Get Rebate Form". An electronic rebate will open.
Choose "Product category: Wipers".
Accept terms and go to pages 9 & 10 to find the Onyx blades.
You'll need to mail in UPC bar codes and a copy of the receipt.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Use coupon code "LABOR" for additional 20% off.
Trico Onyx 20 " - $21.99
Trico Onyx - 24" -$24.99
STP - $8.99
After both coupons and taxes - $30.22
Minus 2 rebates $20 + $8.99
Final cost -$1.23
Tx OP

Thanks for the additional 20% code. I canceled and reordered for a grand total of $0.72 after tax!

Sweet, thanks

Got two 20's and the STP

Product Subtotal: $52.97
Discounts: -$26.59
Tax: $1.84
Total: $28.22

Rebates = -$28.99
FatCash = -$1.41

Grand Total = FREE + $2.18 cash!

To receive the rebate, an eligible person must purchase a new pair of TRICO Exact Fit,® TRICO Flex,® Teflon® SHIELD,® TRICO NeoForm® and TRICO Force® wiper blades (or for TRICO Exact Fit® rear blade, a single purchase is required) between September 1, 2012, and November 16, 2012 (the “Rebate Purchase Period”).

Im not seeing the ONYX Listed. Is it on the box?

*UPDATE*
Probably should have looked a little harder. Details are here..https://tricowipers.4myrebate.com/Claim/ReviewRebateClaim/?activ...

But..Looks like you need to purchase 2 of the same size using the online form. I tried {1} 18" & {1} 24". No go.

TooEasy said:   To receive the rebate, an eligible person must purchase a new pair of TRICO Exact Fit,® TRICO Flex,® Teflon® SHIELD,® TRICO NeoForm® and TRICO Force® wiper blades (or for TRICO Exact Fit® rear blade, a single purchase is required) between September 1, 2012, and November 16, 2012 (the “Rebate Purchase Period”).

Did you click on the Advance rebate link? Its the last one listed

Save $20 after rebate submission when you buy 2 Trico Onyx Wiper Blades!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/conte...

Thanks OP and imm19 for the additional code. Great deal. Have always had good experiences with AAP rebates.

poison7FL said:   TooEasy said:   To receive the rebate, an eligible person must purchase a new pair of TRICO Exact Fit,® TRICO Flex,® Teflon® SHIELD,® TRICO NeoForm® and TRICO Force® wiper blades (or for TRICO Exact Fit® rear blade, a single purchase is required) between September 1, 2012, and November 16, 2012 (the “Rebate Purchase Period”).

Did you click on the Advance rebate link? Its the last one listed

Save $20 after rebate submission when you buy 2 Trico Onyx Wiper Blades!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/conte...

Thank you!! Never even saw that link!

TooEasy said:   

But..Looks like you need to purchase 2 of the same size using the online form. I tried {1} 18" & {1} 24". No go.

Where does it say that they need to be the same?

awesome, thanks OP. Total after FC will come out to something like -$4.

How is Advance rebates with ordering something in spouses name, but on the same address? Worth it, or likely to get shut down?

You can stack with Big30 if this helps you. $30 off $75

You can also pick up 5qts of Nextgen oil for free after rebate. Coupons don't apply but it $20 w/ $20 rebate.

scoutconnor said:   TooEasy said:   

Where does it say that they need to be the same?

Using the online form, it wouldnt allow me to have a qty of 1 ea (18"&24"). It updated each to a qty of 2

Offer Code: TRC-10000
Item: (Qty: 2) TRICO Onyx 18"
(Qty: 2) TRICO Onyx 24"

Offer Maximum: 4 claim(s) per household
Starts: 09 / 01 / 2012
Expires: 11 / 16 / 2012
Must be postmarked by: 11/30/2012
Reseller: Advanced Auto Parts

Thanks OP, just ordered a new set for both cars

Can you provide stacking instructions? I cannot get the codes to stack. Thanks!

FW cash is no go because of the coupon

Binar said:   FW cash is no go because of the coupon

I got it...

Money makers are hard to find. Your deal netted me $2.48 + $1.32 fat cash = $3.80
Great job !!!! Thank-you!!!

qjohn said:   Can you provide stacking instructions? I cannot get the codes to stack. Thanks!

Not stacking for me either, even if logged in.

No stacking for me either.

qjohn said:   Can you provide stacking instructions? I cannot get the codes to stack. Thanks!

1) Make sure your items total $50 or more.
2) Go to checkout and clear any coupon codes that are entered.
3) Apply A123
4) Apply LABOR

poison7FL said:   Binar said:   FW cash is no go because of the coupon

I got it...

you got nothing..it's "pending" and with 2 coupons used there's a big chance you get nothing

I want to save an extra buck too but when using coupons (2 in our case) most likely you get no FW Cash Back

I have followed the 4 steps outlined above and once I apply LABOR code it takes off the discount previously applied with A123 code.

I ended up getting a battery and air filter, in addition to the wipers....so i guess i got a good price, but dang i just spent over a franklin! thanks op! lol all this fatwalleting is makin my wallet skinny!

gtv said:   I have followed the 4 steps outlined above and once I apply LABOR code it takes off the discount previously applied with A123 code.

I don't know what to tell you. I just now decided to order a second set for my wife's car. I'll process the rebate through my office address. I was able to stack both codes with no problem.

When the rebates are stacked, both of them are listed toward the bottom of the order form and a single, combined amount is deducted from each item. See attached example.

Maybe try clearing your cookies?

Kariput said:   gtv said:   I have followed the 4 steps outlined above and once I apply LABOR code it takes off the discount previously applied with A123 code.

I don't know what to tell you. I just now decided to order a second set for my wife's car. I'll process the rebate through my office address. I was able to stack both codes with no problem.

When the rebates are stacked, both of them are listed toward the bottom of the order form and a single, combined amount is deducted from each item.

Just seconding that I was just able to use both codes on an order.

Binar said:   poison7FL said:   Binar said:   FW cash is no go because of the coupon

I got it...

you got nothing..it's "pending" and with 2 coupons used there's a big chance you get nothing

I want to save an extra buck too but when using coupons (2 in our case) most likely you get no FW Cash Back

Whether it is "pending" or not, I got it, so for now it's a go...Do you work for FatWallet?

... And for just over a buck, I really don't care if I do get it.... Relax.

thanks

Green for a great deal.

Note that when you fill in the rebate form on advance autos site it states that only one rebate can be used per receipt. Does that mean we can't stack the two rebated items? Is there a way around this if a rebate from the receipt is printed at the store and filled out?

cabby100 said:   Note that when you fill in the rebate form on advance autos site it states that only one rebate can be used per receipt. Does that mean we can't stack the two rebated items? Is there a way around this if a rebate from the receipt is printed at the store and filled out?

If you use the Advance Auto online rebate form you can process both the Trico and STP rebates at the same time. Just hit the "rebate details" link for one of the items on the AA rebate page. Then select the appropriate items from the master rebate form that opens up.

Great find, thx OP...Free store pickup after an hour! SWEET

Product Subtotal: $55.97
Discounts: -$27.19
Shipping Charges: $0.00
Tax: $2.01
Total: $30.79

Kariput said:   cabby100 said:   Note that when you fill in the rebate form on advance autos site it states that only one rebate can be used per receipt. Does that mean we can't stack the two rebated items? Is there a way around this if a rebate from the receipt is printed at the store and filled out?

If you use the Advance Auto online rebate form you can process both the Trico and STP rebates at the same time. Just hit the "rebate details" link for one of the items on the AA rebate page. Then select the appropriate items from the master rebate form that opens up.

Do you need to select them? I did not have that option, just to agree on terms and conditions then continue?

After you agree and hit "Continue" then you have to select the ones you are applying for.

Strange. Just went to the Trico site to check the correct sizing for my 2011 Kia Optima, and it doesn't include the Onyx in the recommended wipers for my car. Any idea why that would be?

Anyone picking up the free STP treatment...
If you use a synthetic oil, such as Mobil 1, you are advised not to use any engine treatments or additives. Mobil claims that The use of an engine oil additive is not recommended, either by Mobil or by virtually any vehicle manufacturer. In fact, it may void your new-car warranty.
http://www.skepdic.com/slick50.html

Just placed an order. Stacked both codes without a prob. Thanx OP.

Danzilla said:   Anyone picking up the free STP treatment...
If you use a synthetic oil, such as Mobil 1, you are advised not to use any engine treatments or additives. Mobil claims that The use of an engine oil additive is not recommended, either by Mobil or by virtually any vehicle manufacturer. In fact, it may void your new-car warranty.
http://www.skepdic.com/slick50.html

Yeah, I wish the filler was something a little less useless than STP.
EDIT
Decided to go with the Armor All Wax instead. $17 with a $10 rebate, but worked out to $9.83 after coupons. Not really clear that the STP rebate was going to be good for more than you actually end up paying, but I'm not sure how they calculate that.

Nice. got a set of wipers for my daughter's Toyota Corolla. Amazingly, my local store had everything in stock.

Product Subtotal: $52.97
Discounts: -$26.59
Shipping Charges: $ 0.00
Tax: $ 1.95
Total: $28.33

PS ebates is paying 6%.

Skipping 152 Messages...
Received email today, 1 December 2012 from Advanced Auto Parts Customer Service:

Dear java007,

We are pleased to inform you that your rebate has been processed and approved on 12/01/2012.

You should receive your reward card within 10-14 business days. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Below is the summary of your rebate registration information:

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rebate Offer: Advance Auto Parts September Mail-in-Rebates
Rebate Item : $20 rebate when you buy 2 TRICO® Onyx™ Premium Wiper Blades (Items must be purchased on same transaction).
Rebate Award: $20.00
---------

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014