• Text Only
anokato said:   RadioShack now has the LG Elite for $69.00. I bought one 3 weeks ago for $99, went back to Radio Shack and they credited me the $30 difference.

Its still showing $99 online. Is this only in store? I am tired of the low memory warnings I keep getting on my Optimus V. Wonder if its worth upgrading to the Elite that at least has 1GB internal storage.

Deleted

dealPhobia said:   anokato said:   RadioShack now has the LG Elite for $69.00. I bought one 3 weeks ago for $99, went back to Radio Shack and they credited me the $30 difference.

Its still showing $99 online. Is this only in store? I am tired of the low memory warnings I keep getting on my Optimus V. Wonder if its worth upgrading to the Elite that at least has 1GB internal storage.

related thread here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1225115/

Just buy $25 top-up card from callingmart.com for $25.75 but WalMart.com only $24.88 with no tax and fee

I was grandfathered into the $25 plan with an Optimus V. I recently called customer service to find out if I could change phones and was told that I could, so long as it was a phone that had been released before the $25 plan was dropped. Now for the bad news - the rep told me that all $25 plans will be converted to $35 plans beginning late October/ early November. The man I spoke with had a good command of the English language but was not a native speaker, so hopefully something was getting lost in translation and he misspoke or was simply mistaken. But if this is a case of bait-and-switch, keep the receipts on your new phones!

Wait is this true all $25 will be converted to $35 and no more grandfathered in regardless of the phone you have?

I haven't seen anything stating this. Does anyone has a link to anything?

Hopefully the guy was full of bologna, but why he would say that I have no idea. According to him the text messages about this should be going out in the next few weeks.

Is this $25 plan switch officially dead? I no longer see the option on their web page. If anyone has any ideas, please PM me.

The discussion at howardforums seems to give this switch a grim prognosis.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1779323-Need-to-repla...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1775826-VM-s-25-unlim...

Has anyone had luck, finding and taking advantage of this promo since it was first posted or more recently?

How is everyone doing regarding this plan?

I have three phones currently on this plan, 2 optimus v and 1 venture.
It is still $25 a month. I think the forced to $35 must be speculation.

from personal experience, Virgin is absolute garbage if you live in NY, delayed texts, and ungodly slow internet, unstable connections, etc

How long have you had this $25 "grandfathered" plan? and do you know of
anyone who has had any luck getting started on this plan recently?

I am on the 25 dollar plan right now with one phone, what if I switch the phone t the newer HTC ONE V phone that I just purchased,, will I still get the 25 dollar deal or lose it?

anything I have to do to keep it when switching?

You will have to switch to the $35/month plan.

I don't have Virgin Mobile. If I get $35 plan today and buy LG Optimus V or Elite phone, Can I go switch back to $25 Plan by clicking "manage my account > "change plans" >don't see the plan you want> Switch to $25 plan. Can someone confirm if this trick is still working on LG phones?

If I currently have a Rumor Touch on a grandfathered $25 plan, and I want to switch to a used bb, will I need to start paying the raised rates?

My daughter took advantage of switching her $35 plan to $25 plan in Sept. 2012 on her Rumor Touch. I purchased the Optimus Elite for her for Christmas. She was able to switch the $25 plan to her new phone without issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014