• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Glasses Shop.

Link to sale Glasses.

Many $5 pairs. (including lenses). Note that sorting by price doesn't seem to work, and the $5 glasses are scattered throughout the pages

Shipping is free (part of their Labor Day Sale).

Use code SP30 for 30% off.

Got a pair for my DD for $3.50 shipped!

Note: After you submit your order, you get a coupon for the amount of your order ($3.50 off my next order), but using it on a 2nd pair puts the shipping fee back in (and won't stack with the 30% code). So it's only worthwhile if you're getting the more expensive pairs... Do your math.

Member Summary

Glasses Shop
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I ordered my first pair from this site a few weeks a go and have mixed feelings about this company. The glasses took a little over two weeks to get here. They should have been here earlier but were stuck in the NYC for several days. It was a really small box but all of the tracking considered it an international letter. The label shows it came from Jiangsu mainland China. I didn't like how all the details were on the label including my private cell phone number.

The glasses with upgrades and shipping came to just under $30. Upon opening the box I was shocked to see glasses that looked nothing like I ordered. The Gawler mens frame was bent so bad it looked like womens cateye glasses. I don't even understand how someone making those glasses could think that is how they should fit on someones face. My first attempt at fixing them left me with glasses that gave me eye strain pain as they felt like the pupilary distance was off. A closer look revealed they were bent out too so after some more manipulation they give vision close to my current glasses but not exact. The frames feel more like dollar store sunglasses.

Maybe mine was an unluckly order but I wouldn't go crazy with a big order until you are sure they are ok for you.

Not exactly the best, but I'll spend the few bucks for a backup pair.

Thanks OP

Thanks OP! Never tried this place but for under $10 I thought I would give these a shot.

Daniels - Brown

$12.95

Coupon (SP30) : -$3.89

Shipping Fee: +$0.00

Total: $9.06

Nice. Unlike those "free" coastal contact deals that end up being $32 bucks with the "handling charges" and if you want coatings... these guys provide UV and scratch coatings, and have no additional fees.

$11.13 for frames, lenses, polarized clip-ons, and shipping? The world is truly flat.

Apologize for duplicate entry

lowpricewanted said:   I ordered my first pair from this site a few weeks a go and have mixed feelings about this company. The glasses took a little over two weeks to get here. They should have been here earlier but were stuck in the NYC for several days. It was a really small box but all of the tracking considered it an international letter. The label shows it came from Jiangsu mainland China. I didn't like how all the details were on the label including my private cell phone number.

The glasses with upgrades and shipping came to just under $30. Upon opening the box I was shocked to see glasses that looked nothing like I ordered. The Gawler mens frame was bent so bad it looked like womens cateye glasses. I don't even understand how someone making those glasses could think that is how they should fit on someones face. My first attempt at fixing them left me with glasses that gave me eye strain pain as they felt like the pupilary distance was off. A closer look revealed they were bent out too so after some more manipulation they give vision close to my current glasses but not exact. The frames feel more like dollar store sunglasses.


OK, let's see ... they took longer than you expected for shipment, they put your personal detail on the shipping label, the glasses did not look at all like what you ordered, the frame was terribly bent, they gave you eye strain, and they feel like dollar store sun glasses. Why is it you have MIXED feelings about this ??

dougdavies said:   lowpricewanted said:   I ordered my first pair from this site a few weeks a go and have mixed feelings about this company. The glasses took a little over two weeks to get here. They should have been here earlier but were stuck in the NYC for several days. It was a really small box but all of the tracking considered it an international letter. The label shows it came from Jiangsu mainland China. I didn't like how all the details were on the label including my private cell phone number.

The glasses with upgrades and shipping came to just under $30. Upon opening the box I was shocked to see glasses that looked nothing like I ordered. The Gawler mens frame was bent so bad it looked like womens cateye glasses. I don't even understand how someone making those glasses could think that is how they should fit on someones face. My first attempt at fixing them left me with glasses that gave me eye strain pain as they felt like the pupilary distance was off. A closer look revealed they were bent out too so after some more manipulation they give vision close to my current glasses but not exact. The frames feel more like dollar store sunglasses.


OK, let's see ... they took longer than you expected for shipment, they put your personal detail on the shipping label, the glasses did not look at all like what you ordered, the frame was terribly bent, they gave you eye strain, and they feel like dollar store sun glasses. Why is it you have MIXED feelings about this ??
Because they were cheeeeeeeeeep?

dougdavies said:   lowpricewanted said:   I ordered my first pair from this site a few weeks a go and have mixed feelings about this company. The glasses took a little over two weeks to get here. They should have been here earlier but were stuck in the NYC for several days. It was a really small box but all of the tracking considered it an international letter. The label shows it came from Jiangsu mainland China. I didn't like how all the details were on the label including my private cell phone number.

The glasses with upgrades and shipping came to just under $30. Upon opening the box I was shocked to see glasses that looked nothing like I ordered. The Gawler mens frame was bent so bad it looked like womens cateye glasses. I don't even understand how someone making those glasses could think that is how they should fit on someones face. My first attempt at fixing them left me with glasses that gave me eye strain pain as they felt like the pupilary distance was off. A closer look revealed they were bent out too so after some more manipulation they give vision close to my current glasses but not exact. The frames feel more like dollar store sunglasses.


OK, let's see ... they took longer than you expected for shipment, they put your personal detail on the shipping label, the glasses did not look at all like what you ordered, the frame was terribly bent, they gave you eye strain, and they feel like dollar store sun glasses. Why is it you have MIXED feelings about this ??


Well my expectations for Chinese glasses are LOW to begin with but they did deliver with international tracking a pair of glasses that had lenses almost as good as my $150 US made pair. Glasses Shop
has a larger selection of frames and a decent website. I ordered from Coastal before and they had good customer service but their lenses were worse.

Glasses arrived yesterday. Couldn't be happier. The frames I chose are a bit ugly, but these will only be used in the car.

Wound up with 3 pair.
Shipping was about 3 weeks but I was in no rush and for what I paid I have zero complaints.

All three pair were perfect cosmetically and the prescription was dead on perfect.
For the price I paid they were a steal!

Would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

bittul said:   Note that sorting by price doesn't seem to work, and the $5 glasses are scattered throughout the pages

sorting worked for me, once and then stopped sorting. weird.

Just an FYI: I ordered a pair of glasses from these guys too. Nice and cheap. They arrived from China within about 3 weeks (I'm in Southern California).

The glasses I ordered were for the car too, and supposedly came with clip-on sunglasses that fit the frames. When I got the glasses, no sunglass clip-ons were to be found. I sent email to the company, no response. I sent another, got a response that the clip-ons would be sent "as soon as possible". That was over 45 days ago.

Quality of glasses is about par with Zenni, but be wary if you order anything that might "come separately".

I ordered some nerd glasses from them in February and the black color is peeling off. It was super cheap, less than $20 delivered, but I am surprised at how quickly they are deteriorating.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014